• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I am a Serb and I can verify this statement haha. The worst is at sporting events, soccer is the worst.
    Have not been to Bulgaria, but they are a lot like my people. We are Eastern Orthodox Christians, have similar food, crazy about soccer, and like to drink and party. May not have a dull moment haha

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son has told me to apply for a Serbian passport. My grandparents were born there so I am apparently eligible for a Serbian passport that would allow me to visit without the time limitations that are experienced with a US passport. He is slowly convincing me that a I could overcome my anxiety about flying across the ocean.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Have not been to Bulgaria, but they are a lot like my people. We are Eastern Orthodox Christians, have similar food, crazy about soccer, and like to drink and party. May not have a dull moment haha

I watched this on netflix last night.....A perfect blend of horror and comedy.....I think you (along with jetta) may appreciate it...I was drinking a nice glass of Bourbon so that may have influenced the humor a bit.....Very funny if you like dark humor and your DNA tells me you might...:)

[video=youtube;pGsrpiyu2Ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGsrpiyu2Ts[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    YES!!!! I must watch that!

We were talking about traveling, and I mentioned Chernobyl... maybe Ukraine instead. :D

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My son has told me to apply for a Serbian passport. My grandparents were born there so I am apparently eligible for a Serbian passport that would allow me to visit without the time limitations that are experienced with a US passport. He is slowly convincing me that a I could overcome my anxiety about flying across the ocean.
    My mom's parents came from modern day Croatia, a lot of Serbs live there. It may be easier for me to get dual citizenship with Croatia, I may have been told that getting one with Serbia is more difficult. I know how you feel about flying, I do not like it all. I still want to go there one day, maybe by boat. Another way is my crazy plan of driving a motorcycle to Alaska, taking a short boat ride to Siberia and then driving across Russia to Eastern Europe

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As an adendum to the taxi caveat, I have a friend who occasionally does business in Bulgaria. He says car rental is rife with fraud - from spurious damage charges to sketchy currency conversion charges and cramming

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My mom's parents came from modern day Croatia, a lot of Serbs live there. It may be easier for me to get dual citizenship with Croatia, I may have been told that getting one with Serbia is more difficult. I know how you feel about flying, I do not like it all. I still want to go there one day, maybe by boat. Another way is my crazy plan of driving a motorcycle to Alaska, taking a short boat ride to Siberia and then driving across Russia to Eastern Europe

Good to know...I'll have to research the cities of their births to see if they were Serbia or Croatia at that time.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I am a Serb and I can verify this statement haha. The worst is at sporting events, soccer is the worst.

Please tell me you're related to Dan Dakich... :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    YES!!!! I must watch that!

We were talking about traveling, and I mentioned Chernobyl... maybe Ukraine instead. :D

If you like urban exploration and visiting ghost towns then Chernobyl is a pretty cool place especially if you don't like crowded
    places. :yesway:

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Also, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, and I didn't see anyone else say it: in Bulgaria, when you nod your head it means NO, and when you shake it that means YES. They insist that it's the only country where this is true but I don't know if that's the case or not.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I watched this on netflix last night.....A perfect blend of horror and comedy.....I think you (along with jetta) may appreciate it...I was drinking a nice glass of Bourbon so that may have influenced the humor a bit.....Very funny if you like dark humor and your DNA tells me you might...:)

[video=youtube;pGsrpiyu2Ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGsrpiyu2Ts[/video]

Watched it with my wife - totally worth it.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Hey Jetta, I did a trip to Croatia and Montenegro summer before last. Amazing areas. Saw where they filmed some Game of Thrones and Star Wars. Beer was good and the old walled cities were amazing. I think you and the wife would have a great time anywhere in the area. And if you visit Croatia you can see where they built your XD!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    fyi, airbnb is available there.

Hey Jetta, I did a trip to Croatia and Montenegro summer before last. Amazing areas. Saw where they filmed some Game of Thrones and Star Wars. Beer was good and the old walled cities were amazing. I think you and the wife would have a great time anywhere in the area. And if you visit Croatia you can see where they built your XD!
    Totally would love that too. I'll have to ask you about it on Saturday.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    You would enjoy Bulgaria. I had a great time in Sofia. Don't remember much of it though. :): When I was there, the USD carried a lot of weight. For $20, we retained a taxi for an entire night (also paid for the driver's meals and drinks, but that was not expected).

However, I think you would enjoy a summer trip along the East coast of the Adriatic a lot more. Start in Slovenia and make your way down through Croatia, Montenegro, and Albania.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In action report: it's pretty nice and relaxed here. Driving isn't bad; the food, wine and hotels are cheap; and the women actually good looking.

But, no AKs or Maks for sale in the shops.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have not.
    I had to look up if it was where I thought it was.
    Eh, close enough!

europe+map.JPG

Bucharest sounds fun, so does Dudapest.
    Lots of great cities with lots of history, culture and interesting food in that region.
    You can't go wrong with any European country but I'm kinda biased.

Dudapest? Do they have a Chickapest? :joke:

Top Bottom