• ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Bzzzzzzzt....wrong answer!

The last thing--and I mean the last thing--we need is more Bloomberg Nanny fecal matter from him or the feds. Not only do we not need such nonsense as suggested by BudS, I question the need for a BATFE 4473.

Please, tell me, what other right enumerated in the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution requires govermental intervention and-or discretionary permit to exercise?
    Speech?
    Religion?
    Voting?
    Self incrimination?

Please, tell me. Which others?
    I cannot think of any :dunno:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Bzzzzzzzt....wrong answer!

The last thing--and I mean the last thing--we need is more Bloomberg Nanny fecal matter from him or the feds. Not only do we not need such nonsense as suggested by BudS, I question the need for a BATFE 4473.

Please, tell me, what other right enumerated in the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution requires govermental intervention and-or discretionary permit to exercise?
    Speech?
    Religion?
    Voting?
    Self incrimination?

Considering the Patriot ACT and NDAA pretty much gutted the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments I'd have to say there's your answer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    .......Please, tell me, what other right enumerated in the first ten Amendments to the United States Constitution requires govermental intervention and-or discretionary permit to exercise?
    Speech?
    Religion?
    Voting?
    Self incrimination?

Hate to break it to all the Constitutional absolutists out there, but there are plenty of restrictions on all of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. We can debate the wisdom and propriety of these restrictions, but they are there. I am a strict constructionist, but that means applying the Constitution in light of what it meant when it was enacted, not limiting interpretation to the actual words themselves without context.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I am painfully aware of erosion and restrictions. That was not the question. Here, again, is the question:

Speech?
    Religion?
    Voting?
    Self incrimination?

Now, back to the original topic. Fundamental firearm safety rules, such as keeping guns and ammunition inaccessible to unauthorized persons, are not constitutional infringements.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Again I repeat the due to the Patriot Act & NDAA the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments. Think about it for a moment NIFT. If your caught up in one of them you lose your rights without due process and to get them back requires government intervention.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Again I repeat the due to the Patriot Act & NDAA the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments. Think about it for a moment NIFT. If your caught up in one of them you lose your rights without due process and to get them back requires government intervention.

Wrong answer to the question. Again, you did not read the question, and, it appears, do not intend to do so. Blessings!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My safe is unlocked till I go some place then I lock it. When I get back home I unlock it. The wife gets pissed if she can't get to her stuff.

When the grandchildren come over I lock it up and any guns I have laying around. There is always one that I have on me or some place that I can get to.

To me this is the norm. I don't look at it as a problem. I would wish that I was dead if something like one of the grandchildren shooting one of the others. It happens a hell of a lot more than it should. I think anything that we can do to stop stuff like that is in our best interest. My job is to try and keep my family safe. Not put them a risk.

Last edited:

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    As for the Tactical butterscotch video. Do you think the revolvers hanging to the right of the safes have trigger locks on them? :dunno:

I couldn't agree more. Also be sure to check out his carry condition butterscotch video... http://youtu.be/8pU2IOTEZlU

Locking up my guns violates my rights as a gun owner as per the Supreme Court's decision in Heller.

Defenders of the Constitution arise and strike down this video from the Internet!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Wrong answer to the question. Again, you did not read the question, and, it appears, do not intend to do so. Blessings!

I read the question you just don't understand my answer because it contradicts your position. Your question, "requires govermental intervention and-or discretionary permit to exercise?"

My answer in simpler terms is that if a right can be taken away without due process than any excersiing of that right is at the discretion of the government and regaining that right require the intervention of the government.

There no legal recourse only government action or intervention as you would say, to undue the harm. It sounds like you think a piece of paper is need for the "diccretionary permit" part of your argument.

Oh and while were at it the 1st, you need a permit in most localities to hold a protest to "
    or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yep, them kids gotta have guns cuz ya nevah know when some fool gonna kick in yer door. If them guns ain't out fer evry1, you an yer famly r toast. Ya gotta train them yunguns bout them guns so they can kill them home invaders.

Here's how to train children, and I quote from another "firearms instructor" on INGO:

"Respect for the power of a firearm/bullet can be easily taught to children by simply taking a few unopened short soda-pop cans to the range. On your way to the berm/backstop, shake the cans real well, then set ‘em up. When even a lowly .22 LR bullet penetrates that can, the pressure released will destroy the can. It really makes an impression."

Yep, that'll do it. Now them kids is edgy-me-cated!

Come on, folks, keep the guns and ammunition inaccessible to unauthorized persons. Basic gun safety is not a constitutional infringement.

Your sarcasm is misplaced and just plain stupid. No one is arguing this from a constitutional infringement argument because mandatory safe storage LAWS aren't part of the discussion. Rather, it's a bunch of people who think they know better telling a bunch of others how to live.

And my response to people like that is usually less than lady-like. You worry about your family, let me worry about mine.

And if your only argument to justify compelling others to do your bidding is that a few safe storage behaviors are all that separate us from a total gun ban, you probably need to re-evaluate your conclusions. movealongmovealong I'm talking to you.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    As for the Tactical butterscotch video. Do you think the revolvers hanging to the right of the safes have trigger locks on them? :dunno:

Umm, they are plastic 'toy' guns used for a Halloween costume. They have the bright orange tips and no way to fire ammunition. Why would they need locks?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How do those that choose not to lock up their guns account for other folks who handled things similarly resulting in accidents and murder?

Is it nobody's fault when a gun owner doesn't take responsibility for securing a lethal weapon from those who would not use it responsibly?

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I knew there would be plenty of righteous indignation on this topic. Nobody is telling anybody they have to do anything. I don't have to buy my wife an anniversary gift, but its in my best interest if I do. Also, ***** happens all the time that we don't expect so why not hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I have no problem having a weapon placed in the right place for easy access to the owner in the home, but the rest should be locked up in my opinion. You don't have to do it and you don't have to agree with the original op, but if your guns end up in the wrong hands because you don't think the founding fathers didn't intend for you to have a gun safe that is crazy. If a very motivated individual wants my guns they can certainly get to them, but they need to bring a couple buddies, pray that the neighbor doesn't notice and allocate a fair amount of time to extract my safes. As a kid I had friends whose dad left guns all over the house. Looking back it's a miracle something bad did't happen.

Last edited:

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    How do those that choose not to lock up their guns account for other folks who handled things similarly resulting in accidents and murder?

Is it nobody's fault when a gun owner doesn't take responsibility for securing a lethal weapon from those who would not use it responsibly?

If a criminal or kid gains access to a weapon, and said weapon was not properly secured by the owner should there be a penalty? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If a criminal or kid gains access to a weapon, and said weapon was not properly secured by the owner should there be a penalty? :dunno:

Personally, I think yes if the failure rises to the level of "reckless disregard" of the risk. I am not comfortable with a "mere negligence" standard.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I just got back home and the 3 guns I left out are still here.

If someone breaks into to my LOCKED house why should I be penalized? Because I didn't lock them up? Wait they were locked up, in my house.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I knew there would be plenty of righteous indignation on this topic. Nobody is telling anybody they have to do anything. I don't have to buy my wife an anniversary gift, but its in my best interest if I do. Also, ***** happens all the time that we don't expect so why not hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I have no problem having a weapon placed in the right place for easy access to the owner in the home, but the rest should be locked up in my opinion. You don't have to do it and you don't have to agree with the original op, but if your guns end up in the wrong hands because you don't think the founding fathers didn't intended for you to have a gun safe that is crazy. If a very motivated individual wants my guns they can certainly get to them, but they need to bring a couple buddies, pray that the neighbor doesn't notice and allocate a fair amount of time to extract my safes. As a kid I had friends whose dad left guns all over the house. Looking back it's a miracle something bad did't happen.

I do "hope for the best and prepare for the worst". That's why I have a few firearms hidden in high places easily accessible to my wife and I. It's weighing the odds I guess. I feel like there is a greater chance of my wife or I needing to use a firearm than there is our 8yr daughter (who owns a Cricket and a 10/22 doing something stupid with one.
    She's been around guns her whole like. She pays no more attention to one than she does to a drink coaster sitting on the table.
    Now when she has a friend over it's a different story and we are more careful. They're still not all locked up though. I refuse to be shot in the back while fumbling with a safe.

model60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    There are always consequences to your actions/in-actions, legal and/or moral. Personal responsibility cannot be legislated only recognized and accepted. Make your own educated choices based on your needs and be man enough to accept the responsibility and consequences.

Top Bottom