• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Waiting for the 5.11 marketing campaign, "When 10 molotov cocktails aren't enough, wear 5.11 cargo pants."
    i hope they still offer the tactical kilt. I am thinking Drew McIntyre would look great in one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So... a 7 foot non-scalable fence around the Capitol?
    1. Yeah, let's have our "leaders" cut themselves even further off from us great unwashed.
    2. I thought fences didn't work?
    They'll be building a wall next.

Awkward. :):

walls.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So... a 7 foot non-scalable fence around the Capitol?
    1. Yeah, let's have our "leaders" cut themselves even further off from us great unwashed.
    2. I thought fences didn't work?
    Fences or walls?

They put up a fence around the White House

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NPR's ME had a pretty good interview of Jonah Goldberg this morning about this.
    Ignore what you might think about NPR and listen.

How Does The GOP Move Forward After Capitol Breach, Trump Presidency?

A key point: The GOP party is f***ed right now, but the public doesn't like the Dems much more.
    The public not liking the dems much more gave the Republicans a great opportunity to gain overall popularity. Now they’re damaged goods. The “patriots” really screwed the pooch on this one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The public not liking the dems much more gave the Republicans a great opportunity to gain overall popularity. Now they’re damaged goods. The “patriots” really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Indeed, it's going to be a hard row to hoe.

Throwing Josh Hawley under the bus would be a good start for the GOP.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The 'public' was does that mean? This will have no effect, democrats are still going to support democrats and Republicans support Republicans, nothing got screwed. It's not like this is going to cause a Republican to turn democrat, or we'd have seen democrats move over after the year long nonsense from BLM and Antifa. It gave the democrats and the media more to exploit but that's nothing new.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indeed, it's going to be a hard row to hoe.

Throwing Josh Hawley under the bus would be a good start for the GOP.
    And this is why Dems nearly always win these fights. They close ranks and double down, even when they're wrong. Republicans are always afraid of what might happen or how their actions might be perceived even when they're right, and hurriedly look for sacrificial lambs in a futile attempt to placate the crowd satisfied with nothing less than their absolute destruction. I'm not sure when they will learn this lesson. At least Trump tried to show them.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Why do we want Ted Cruz gone?
    I voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 primaries, so I wasn't saying this lightly. I feel that Ted Cruz tried to have his cake and eat it too. I think he went along with Trump's call to oppose the election certification just as an effort to appease Trump's supporters, when he knew that it was 'never going to be the solution for election integrity and wasn't constitutional' (paraphrasing Dan Crenshaw).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 primaries, so I wasn't saying this lightly. I feel that Ted Cruz tried to have his cake and eat it too. I think he went along with Trump's call to oppose the election certification just as an effort to appease Trump's supporters, when he knew that it was 'never going to be the solution for election integrity and wasn't constitutional' (paraphrasing Dan Crenshaw).
    Cruz was on my short list in the 2016 cycle, but I can't imagine supporting him ever again. McConnell and others had a utilitarian approach, which I can understand.

Cruz appears to have drunk the Trump koolaid, mixed up some homebrew, and may be taking it intravenously. His over-the-top appeasement looks to me more like trying to inherit some sort of Trump coattails for future runs, likely against Pence.

That his constituents may vote to keep him is up to them. But, I think any national campaign is beyond his reach.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    And this is why Dems nearly always win these fights. They close ranks and double down, even when they're wrong. Republicans are always afraid of what might happen or how their actions might be perceived even when they're right, and hurriedly look for sacrificial lambs in a futile attempt to placate the crowd satisfied with nothing less than their absolute destruction. I'm not sure when they will learn this lesson. At least Trump tried to show them.

"Always win these fights" in what sense?
    I think their insistence on always doubling down--their inability to police their own party--is one of the great advantages that the Republican party has. Republicans do police their own party, and I think that is part of why the Republicans control almost 60% of the state legislatures in our country.

I don't think that abandoning integrity becomes a good idea just because the dems have done it...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Always win these fights" in what sense?
    I think their insistence on always doubling down--their inability to police their own party--is one of the great advantages that the Republican party has. Republicans do police their own party, and I think that is part of why the Republicans control almost 60% of the state legislatures in our country.

I don't think that abandoning integrity becomes a good idea just because the dems have done it...
    That raises the question of Trump's ascendancy, though.

The GOP is about as fractured as the Dems, in terms of what it stands for and its ability to "police its own."

Although (looking at you 1BadV8), the protestors' bum rush of the capitol may be a fitting analogy to Trump's takeover of the GOP. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom