• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The left had folks harassing conservatives in restaurants, camping out in front of their homes. Doxing their families.

They might lock down the Capital building tight to keep the Deplorables from watching them do their dirty business stealing our freedoms. But they can only hide in that building for so long before facing the facts that half the nation does not support their agenda.

The left advocated making politicians that did not agree with them uncomfortable. I anticipate a lot of discomfort for quite some time.

This discomfort is NOT the fear of physical harm, rather it is seeing how many people truly disagree with their misguided ideas and making them Listen to them.

Not that I agree with any of those tactics, but which of those rise to the level of illegality seen the other day?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The combination of irony and unintended consequences can be unforgiving.

Under a Trump executive order, the DOJ is directed to push for the fullest prosecution available, which in this case could be 10 years in prison.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Meh. You’d think a guy who swore an oath to the Constitution would have a better appreciation of the second amendment.

It’s a beautiful illustration of how “ all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
    Exactly, if that's truly his background then I have even less respect for him. I'm not sure how you can come out of the Ranger BN as an anti-gun democrat? Was he really a Ranger or was he an officer who went to Ranger school, that would make more sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never claimed that one justified the other. I would have preferred that none of the violence occurred in any location. But scale and level of violence are very much in play, as is the issue of what was being fought for. One was fought because nearly half the population felt that they were disenfranchised by a crooked electoral system. The other was fought for flat screen tvs and Nikes.

I think you're trying to make your side look justifiable and the other side look like petty thieves. That's not really the case. For a lot of the rioters and looters during the BLM protests, that was indeed their motivation. But they were capitalizing on the much bigger and politically motivated operation. That side used terrorism to try to destabalize the US so that they could bring about the communist revolution they want here. The people who stormed the Capital can hide behind red white and blue all they want. They can claim they're trying to save our country all they want. If they're going to start a revolution, they better be ***damn sure they have reality right. They better make ***damn sure they're not full of ****. Or they're functionally no better than Antifa. And I strongly suspect they're full of enough **** that makes this not much less than an act of terrorism.

Now when I say "you" in what follows, I'm not singling you out. As far as I know maybe none of this applies to you. I'm refering to people who believe such things; the people who participated in or defends the storming of the capital because of delusional thinking. "You" guys keep trying to convince yourselves that you're on the right side, and I'm not saying the other side IS the right side--it's not--but I'm doubting your side is either. What it looks like to me is that Trump and his lawyers, and the right wing media, have worked hard to promote propaganda to make you guys believe that they have all this evidence of YUGE voter fraud. And you guys just accept it without question. Smart people duped by a President who can't accept losing. Why? How much time did you spend looking for counterpoints when you read all this "news"? Instead, you just hear it, and believe it. Two steps. You guys keep saying that the skeptical people are sheep. Or that we're just not open to the truth. Or that we just haven't seen the same sources you have. But that's all just another form of denial. I've seen what you have. It's not as credible as you want to believe.

I suspect that Trump would have won if the media covered everything fairly. If tech giants were equitable with both sides. If Democrats didn't engage in ballot harvesting. If dubious mail-in voting weren't as unregulated in critical districts. That's not a justification to storm the capital. You guys look to the rest of the country exactly like the straw monsters the media has been making of you. The right had some credibility leading into the election because people, even lifelong democrat voters were weary of Democrats' curious support for Antifa, openly communist BLM demanding absurd nonsense, de-funding police, the riots and looting, and burning of our cities. The people on the right were the only ones calling it out for what it was. Now you're no better. They don't see storming the capital as an act of Patriotism like you do. And you needed them. The 3% is bull****. It's delusional. Just like your fervent belief that Trump actually won in a landslide. There was no raid in Germany. That was possibly the greatest bull**** that you guys bought uncritically.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Oh so now the chick that got smoked breaking into the Capitol while Congress was voting on certifying the election has reached the martyr status, akin to a woman shot while standing behind a door on her own property. Yeah, I see the similarities.
    If you don't want to get 'smoked' then don't associate with, date, or hold money for drug dealers if we use your logic. Right or wrong there was a reason her residence was known. She was probably more guilty than an AF vet that got swept up in the moment. I don't think either one deserved to be killed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not that one justifies the other. But the violence and destruction in Portland, Seattle, and DC by Antifa was a lot worse and they were reported as "Protesters". The other side is that the events that happened 1/6 in DC were very quickly called domestic terrorists by the media. Why the difference? Why is the perspective so different based on the "side" the demonstrations were for?

I would say both sides were very peaceful, but once the destruction or whatever happens they're all rioters at the least. If it goes far enough, maybe domestic terrorists? But I feel like that term refers to the Timothy McVeigh's out there.
    That's a fair point. The media has not presented both sides equitably. Antifa/BLM were not just protesters. They are revolutionaries. Their stated goals are to end capitalism. The people who stormed the Capital are just people deluded into thinking that the election was stolen. Convinced enough that they believed the other side were the ones executing a coup. And I'm not saying the election wasn't stolen. The media works hard to steal elections from Republicans every time, sometimes successfully. They worked hard in 2016 unsuccessfully. This time we had social media and other tech giants actively trying to suppress the political speech on the right. So in that sense it could have been stolen. Storming the capital was just plain stupid and an unforced error in place of real ass Patriotism. If the measurement is which of the two bad sides is worse, fair enough. But why does the right even have to be a bad side?

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm guessing more weapons and theft charges will be coming. Leave the moltovs at home, m'kay?

The press seems quite eager to report on violence of "Trump supporters", carrying weapons, and so on. The country burned for 6 months and the media said jack **** about that violence, called all of that "peaceful protests."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We had a whole summer of videos of people conveniently wearing masks while committing crimes during protests.
    Why are the people storming the Capitol barefaced and posting videos of their crimes?
    Seems like a rookie mistake.
    We've also had a whole summer listening to these people tell us mask are dumb, useless, dangerous, tyranny... it'd be hypocritical for them to wear mask now.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not that I agree with any of those tactics, but which of those rise to the level of illegality seen the other day?

The left had folks harassing conservatives in restaurants, camping out in front of their homes. Doxing their families.

This was a forwarding looking post. What happened inside the Capital was wrong (and illegal) and not on the same level as the harassment tactics of political figures.

But the events yesterday will be used as an excuse to lock down the Capital tighter than a Michigan barber shop during COVID. Never again will a mere lowly citizen be allowed to tour the building they pay for that is occupied by those who are supposed to be our servants, but instead regard themselves as our superiors.

However those in Congress and elsewhere in our government will still have to face the Deplorables when they step out of the granite castle we pay for.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What did they accomplish? Other than one veteran who would have been a valuable asset in the coming conflict getting herself killed with a bunch of goddamed larpers and Q-Anon freaks?
    This why I bristle at calling it a "siege". There doesn't seem to be any plan, or objective; just generalized mayhem.

I fail to see how cosplay depredation is patriotic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Waiting for the 5.11 marketing campaign, "When 10 molotov cocktails aren't enough, wear 5.11 cargo pants."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I kinda think the Republican Party is pretty ****ed right now. It WAS Trump's party for the most part. The Establishment was split, some supported Trump pragmatically, the likes of Mitch McConnell, for example. Some openly did not support him, Mitt Romney, for example. And then there were the bonafide Trumper card carrying Republicans. I think the latter fizzled as a result of the DC violence, and that's kinda too bad. I didn't like "populism" per se at first. But it presented some favorable things for individualism and personal liberty. I wanted the Republican party to adopt a more populist platform, meaning that Republicans unite around a more populist mindset. But now, the populists won't find any common ground with the Establishment. The NeverTrumpers and the pragmatic Trumperrs have seemingly got a hotel room to go have makeup sex. The populists are out. And I'm not sure Republicans can win on their own. It takes a lot to get people out to vote to support things they can't stand.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well. Obviously they all looked like Antifa.

My exact first thought was that these guys were taking notes all year and just mimicked the other non-violent protests they'd seen on the news for about the last 10 years. Short of a handful of standouts, I couldn't tell any remarkable difference in appearance or most of their actions.

The result is going to be vastly different though. All of those dudes are going to prison.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My exact first thought was that these guys were taking notes all year and just mimicked the other non-violent protests they'd seen on the news for about the last 10 years. Short of a handful of standouts, I couldn't tell any remarkable difference in appearance or most of their actions.

The result is going to be vastly different though. All of those dudes are going to prison.
    It's almost as if people act in similar ways regardless of politics... humanity is the common denominator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom