Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of pizza, I REALLY REALLY miss hot and fresh out of the pan pizza from pizza hut. You just cant get that lightly oiled crunch once it leaves the pan for more than 5 minutes.

Alas, I doubt I'll ever taste that again unless I am making my own. (most stores are going carry-out only, and my local store is so woefully understaffed, I doubt the pan would get to the table still hot.)
    I don't know if it's still like this. The Pizza Hut restaurants in Ft Wayne used to be some of the best around. Really nice inside. Always excellent pizza. Great garlic cheese bread. But that was years ago. The ones in that area were all franchizes owned by some guy. Don't recall his name. He's probably dead by now and they've all turned to **** as far as I know.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Even after they switched to frozen dough, it was still better than the rubbery crap you get out of the cardboard box.

But you are correct, it did go downhill when they did that, but still decent. At least it still had the crisp.

Edit and I do recall our family chasing the original taste when they did it. At the same time they introduced "more" brushed on crust toppings to mask the change so customers didnt notice the change. That left customers trying to figure out what the original crust seasoning was, not realizing it wasnt the topping, it was the crust itself that changed.
    The north of Indy multi franchise owner in Fort Wayne kept the store made crust and or seasoning long after the corporate stopped so we enjoyed that for years. Still puzzled over the corporate business decision to make PH a Little Caesars competitor rather than a family restaurant serving quality meals, by chasing the bottom dollar.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know if it's still like this. The Pizza Hut restaurants in Ft Wayne used to be some of the best around. Really nice inside. Always excellent pizza. Great garlic cheese bread. But that was years ago. The ones in that area were all franchizes owned by some guy. Don't recall his name. He's probably dead by now and they've all turned to **** as far as I know.
    Not sure if the owner has passed but they joined the corporate crap pizza. To this day their stores are still better run than corporate stores but the ingredients are the same. Ate at the one in Rochester recently and it was better than any Indy store…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The north of Indy multi franchise owner in Fort Wayne kept the store made crust and or seasoning long after the corporate stopped so we enjoyed that for years. Still puzzled over the corporate business decision to make PH a Little Caesars competitor rather than a family restaurant serving quality meals, by chasing the bottom dollar.
    Unless its changed, the Lebanon Pizza Hut puts all the other Pizza Huts around to shame. Their crust is phenomenal. I don't know what they do different.

And I admit, of the mass market chains, I like Pizza Hut the best.

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    The Fort Wayne ones were owned by Dick Freeland, who died in 2013. The pictures of the mansion they built in SW Allen county don't do it justice. It is really awesome. My brother was married to their daughter and had the wedding on the property.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Even after they switched to frozen dough, it was still better than the rubbery crap you get out of the cardboard box.

But you are correct, it did go downhill when they did that, but still decent. At least it still had the crisp.

Edit and I do recall our family chasing the original taste when they did it. At the same time they introduced "more" brushed on crust toppings to mask the change so customers didnt notice the change. That left customers trying to figure out what the original crust seasoning was, not realizing it wasnt the topping, it was the crust itself that changed.
    Jet's Pizza for the win!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Fort Wayne ones were owned by Dick Freeland, who died in 2013. The pictures of the mansion they built in SW Allen county don't do it justice. It is really awesome. My brother was married to their daughter and had the wedding on the property.

That the guy…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Beautiful place but I could never live somewhere like that. I think I'd always be worried about leaving something out of place. It looks more like a palace or a museum than a "home".

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Its like the Pizza Kings over around Dayton Springfield Ohio.
    The Cassano Pizza Kings have the other Pizza Kings beat.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think they’re still better than most… but they have started changing a few things. Probably a matter of time
    They still seem to have the family restaurant type locations and I agree they are better than most others. Sad for a company that started by offering good food for a moderate price in a nice family atmosphere…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Usually when threads get much over 5000 they close it and start the next. I guess it was a problem with the old software, it got really slow after that many posts. But this platform should be much more performant. I think they've also upgraded hardware. But still, even if not for performance reasons it's probably not bad to start a new one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Usually when threads get much over 5000 they close it and start the next. I guess it was a problem with the old software, it got really slow after that many posts. But this platform should be much more performant. I think they've also upgraded hardware. But still, even if not for performance reasons it's probably not bad to start a new one.
    Agreed. Mods had a short discussion a couple months ago on it. While no longer required, cutting and starting new is still a good idea. Otherwise a noob has to sort through 10,000 posts to catch up. Do they really need to start with a post thats 5+ years ago on a topic like this? If we roll them they dont. They surely can go seek out the older ones if they wish, but it wont be required.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom