• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    While I love pizza, my body no longer tolerates tomato sauces. Wife's idea of pizza is cheese. NY style, greasy, cardboard with a thin layer of cheese.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    While I love pizza, my body no longer tolerates tomato sauces. Wife's idea of pizza is cheese. NY style, greasy, cardboard with a thin layer of cheese.
    Isn't getting older wonderful? I love jalapenos on nachos and such, but I pay for it later. Heck, even the pepperocini that Papa John's includes is starting to give me problems and that ain't much of a pepper.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Speaking of pizza, I REALLY REALLY miss hot and fresh out of the pan pizza from pizza hut. You just cant get that lightly oiled crunch once it leaves the pan for more than 5 minutes.

Alas, I doubt I'll ever taste that again unless I am making my own. (most stores are going carry-out only, and my local store is so woefully understaffed, I doubt the pan would get to the table still hot.)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Speaking of pizza, I REALLY REALLY miss hot and fresh out of the pan pizza from pizza hut. You just cant get that lightly oiled crunch once it leaves the pan for more than 5 minutes.

Alas, I doubt I'll ever taste that again unless I am making my own. (most stores are going carry-out only, and my local store is so woefully understaffed, I doubt the pan would get to the table still hot.)
    The one in Lebanon is awesome. We go every once in a while but she never lets me get the pan. She has to have her stuffed crust.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The pizza in your memory was fresh dough made in the store. That is now a bygone relic, sadly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The pizza in your memory was fresh dough made in the store. That is now a bygone relic, sadly.
    Even after they switched to frozen dough, it was still better than the rubbery crap you get out of the cardboard box.

But you are correct, it did go downhill when they did that, but still decent. At least it still had the crisp.

Edit and I do recall our family chasing the original taste when they did it. At the same time they introduced "more" brushed on crust toppings to mask the change so customers didnt notice the change. That left customers trying to figure out what the original crust seasoning was, not realizing it wasnt the topping, it was the crust itself that changed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom