• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a guy years ago that I knew through several guitar forums, and had managed to get himself banned from every single one of them. I really did not like that guy, he was arrogant, belligerent, just a general smart ass. I met him in real life at a regular gig we used to play in Ohio, and he was just like his online persona, only being face to face with him, it was obvious that almost everything he said was with heavy sarcasm, or meant as a joke, usually followed by a grin or a wink. It was just the way he was , and he was a complete blast to be around!

Some people just don’t have a personality that transfers over well to the internet.

I still have a distortion pedal that guy gave me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a guy years ago that I knew through several guitar forums, and had managed to get himself banned from every single one of them. I really did not like that guy, he was arrogant, belligerent, just a general smart ass. I met him in real life at a regular gig we used to play in Ohio, and he was just like his online persona, only being face to face with him, it was obvious that almost everything he said was with heavy sarcasm, or meant as a joke, usually followed by a grin or a wink. It was just the way he was , and he was a complete blast to be around!

Some people just don’t have a personality that transfers over well to the internet.

It is funny how a keyboard and the isolation it provides tends to mask the realities of who we are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I liked Kut. Our behind the scenes conversations were pleasant and easy going.
    I know PaulF in the real and you will not meet a nicer fella.
    But both of them had some issues in the forum. PaulF was truly a bully with his status as staff and Kut was the master at inciting riots.
    I had thought mostly well of Kut at first. I even defended him. But over time it became pretty evident that he was not here in good faith. And then I just viewed him as an adversary.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had thought mostly well of Kut at first. I even defended him. But over time it became pretty evident that he was not here in good faith. And then I just viewed him as an adversary.
    Me too. I respected him until he became obvious in his trollish attempts to whip people into a frenzy so they would get themselves banned. Then I just started laughing at his posts. I'd quote his attempts and just say "lol".

He wasn't worth any more effort than that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I always get a chuckle out of "you wouldn't say that in person" sort of messages. No, you're right, I wouldn't. I'd probably curse more. I'm pretty sure I'm more reasonable online 90% of the time because in person dumbassery annoys me quickly. I used to be a people person, then people ruined that...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    KJQ and I attempted to get him (kut) out to KJ’s range for a day of gunfire and tall tails. Multiple times but he always canceled last minute.
    That's the most damning indictment of all

How could any self respecting gun enthusiast turn down the chance of a shoot at KJQ's, virtual mini Knob Creek that it could be

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

It was probably just the magic of being in Ohio happening :whistle:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've run into people who enjoyed poking others for reactions, never really understood the reason. Life dispenses enough grief on it's own.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I admit to being different in real life than online. I am much more chatty online. I tend to be pretty quiet and awkward until I get to know people.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've run into people who enjoyed poking others for reactions, never really understood the reason. Life dispenses enough grief on it's own.
    I used to be that way in a lot of respects when I was younger. I could be a real **** stirrer just to see if I could get a rise out of people. A provocateur if you will.

I have since mellowed out. I do still enjoying challenging people, but now it's usually through open and honest debate and not as much based on trying to be right or just cause general chaos.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I always get a chuckle out of "you wouldn't say that in person" sort of messages. No, you're right, I wouldn't. I'd probably curse more. I'm pretty sure I'm more reasonable online 90% of the time because in person dumbassery annoys me quickly. I used to be a people person, then people ruined that...
    People suck
    Best thing about most people are their dogs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom