Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was busy moving and setting up shop in a new state last year. I missed Kut getting it. I always liked him. Then again, I liked PaulF too. Come to think of it, I fit in more with the misfits than I do with most anyone else. This thread just gave me a sad.
    I liked Kut. Our behind the scenes conversations were pleasant and easy going.
    I know PaulF in the real and you will not meet a nicer fella.
    But both of them had some issues in the forum. PaulF was truly a bully with his status as staff and Kut was the master at inciting riots.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But both of them had some issues in the forum. PaulF was truly a bully with his status as staff and Kut was the master at inciting riots.
    A shame, on both counts. I would gladly discuss things over a beverage with either of them, and wish that I had gotten the opportunity to do so.

Social media/online interaction can be toxic, because it obviates the need for normal, social filters that we otherwise put in place for civil discourse and engagement. It is the reason that I self-limit my participation.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Once Kut p'd me to tell me that he really didn't think whatever it was he was arguing that he was only doing it to entertain himself and see if he could push people over the edge intentionally I was done. I'll converse and argue points with people that are being genuine. But doing things to intentionally get people booted? Nah. f him

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I went shooting with Kut and we had a great time. We’re even friends on Farcebook. He’s pretty cool and very knowledgeable and friendly. I just don’t know what changed between online and IRL personalities.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I went shooting with Kut and we had a great time. We’re even friends on Farcebook. He’s pretty cool and very knowledgeable and friendly. I just don’t know what changed between online and IRL personalities.
    Anonymity. For many I believe that is the single thing which makes on-line presence of some individuals turn out badly. At a subconscious level the user believes they are anonymous, and can therefore "let their hair down" and put things in text they would not do IRL. That is one reason on this site and other similar forums I use a variation of my given name.

Generally, If you spend time speaking with me you are likely to hear many of the things I write in this forum.

In 2019 I caught myself getting VERY wound up over some interactions with Kut and JeepHammer. I took a self imposed break, and readjusted my attitude. Those two eventually were placed on ignore. Not because I didn't value their input or beliefs, but because their approach appeared to be intentionally inflammatory.

I know I have hot buttons and can be baited. Thus I simply removed the bait setters from my casual interactions. Problem mostly solved...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Those targeted strikes helped massively. Some people just can't do internet and not be an a**hole.

giphy.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Once Kut p'd me to tell me that he really didn't think whatever it was he was arguing that he was only doing it to entertain himself and see if he could push people over the edge intentionally I was done. I'll converse and argue points with people that are being genuine. But doing things to intentionally get people booted? Nah. f him
    I thought it was obvious for a long time that he was trying to get people banned. I even used to comment to him about getting another notch on his gun. It went on too long.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

Paul and I once went down to visit a museum with a cool gift shop in Clarksville together....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ve found that once I actually get to know a person my attitude, how I address and interact them often takes on a more civil tone. When they’re just some faceless or nameless entity, it’s easy to unkind, condescending, coarse, dismissive, etc.

PaulF and I used to cross swords quite a bit until we got to meet in real life. Not that we always saw eye to eye afterward, knowing the person on the other end of the internet tamed how we treated each other. I never got to meet Kut in real life, I often didn’t like his style on INGO but I suspect he’d be a hoot to be around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve found that once I actually get to know a person my attitude, how I address and interact them often takes on a more civil tone. When they’re just some faceless or nameless entity, it’s easy to unkind, condescending, coarse, dismissive, etc.

PaulF and I used to cross swords quite a bit until we got to meet in real life. Not that we always saw eye to eye afterward, knowing the person on the other end of the internet tamed how we treated each other. I never got to meet Kut in real life, I often didn’t like his style on INGO but I suspect he’d be a hoot to be around.
    KJQ and I attempted to get him (kut) out to KJ’s range for a day of gunfire and tall tails. Multiple times but he always canceled last minute.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom