• Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    What are these 4 rules ?

The 4 cardinal firearm safety rules as I teach them:

1. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you have made the decision to fire.

2. Do not point your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.

4. Be sure of your target and what is around and beyond it.

They are slight modifications of Cooper's 4 rules.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Shay, is there still openings available? I have to make sure I can get off work and I will be there for both.

I have several registrations, but there is still room in both classes.

Register when you know about your work schedule and prepare for a great weekend of training.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Congrats on starting a new business. I hope to be able to take some training courses in the near future. What Shay suggested may the first time I have seen some reasonably priced courses being offered. I just checked the calender on my way to ask the wife if I could hang out in Indy that weekend. Unfortunatley I will be away on a company retreat that weekend. So instead of developing firearms skills I will be buying beer.

Please keep us posted as to when you will be offering additional courses.

BIX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    This is good news.

I did a force on force class with Shay in 2005 at, I believe, the same venue in Indy. Excellent class and the location is very well suited to the training.

Not sure if the schedule will let me get out for this one, Shay, but I'm glad to hear that your back at it and will keep an eye on your schedule.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Bix!

Thanks for the kind words and the vote of confidence.

I've definitely restructured the way I did things with TR. My new classes are each one day, stand-alone modules to allow more flexibility and choices for training.

I'd like to have you back in a class soon. I will be posting my next classes in a few days once I get the details finalized.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Any comments on the Flashlight Class?

It seems like such a simple thing, but I can honestly say the Flashlight course was great. Nothing really Ninja Voodoo about it, just some common sense, and some new ways of looking at an otherwise exceptionally common item.

I'm glad I took the Flashlight class when I did, and would recommend it to anyone who's serious about "Self Defense"

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Yes I get that one Brother
    Head up and 360 trust me on that.
    looking foward to the AAR of the FOF class.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Only 4 days left until the first class. There are still a few spaces available in each if you are interested.

Students, if you haven't gotten specific class information from me, please let me know. One or two of you fell through the cracks of my cutting edge registration system, so I want to make sure everyone has the details they need to show up at the right location and on time.

Top Bottom