• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All my Remington 700’s haven’t went off by themselves either. When you add in various users you get various results.

Or when you add in the scale of mass manufacture and tolerance stacking.

It doesn't take a lot going wrong to end up with significant issues. Those issues will also baffle people who have guns without that issue.

I'm hard on sig because they do rolling product changes without clearly marking the firearm or announcing those changes. They have a bad history of beta testing using unsuspecting customers at this point.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

It doesn't take a lot going wrong to end up with significant issues. Those issues will also baffle people who have guns without that issue.

I'm hard on sig because they do rolling product changes without clearly marking the firearm or announcing those changes. They have a bad history of beta testing using unsuspecting customers at this point.
    So right. Production changes and Technical Service Bulletins all should be transparent and published.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Further explanation this please.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Interesting analysis, and it does appear that the gun was indeed improperly holstered from the freeze-frame photos. Dumb that the PD refused to allow Sig to investigate the incident. If you really believe there's a problem with the gun, having the people that built it examine it would seem to be the most likely avenue to identifying and resolving the problem.

That assumes Sig will be honest, will not require an NDA as part of the process, and will not plant stories in social media and various rumor mills that the user/department somehow caused the issue. Trusting Sig to do the right thing is...optimistic.

I would not place a nickel on Sig (or Glock) being truthful. As far as I trust any manufacturer to be straight with any issue in their pistols, Beretta is the only one I'd have any confidence in. Note others may still have some integrity, but I don't have any dealings or contacts within them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He is one of only a small handful of gun reviewers I take seriously.
    I like him and Sootch. GunBlast as well, Boge is doing an admirable job after Jeff passed away. I also enjoy Tactical Considerations and Colion Noir.

Hickok45 is like watching grandpa shoot on Sunday afternoon. Paul Harrell is interesting, certainly one of the quirkier ones out there.

I like a lot of MAC's videos, and he's a Hoosier. A little wordy at times, though.

Yankee Marshall and NutNFancy are whiny, annoying bitches. :):

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I like him and Sootch. GunBlast as well, Boge is doing an admirable job after Jeff passed away. I also enjoy Tactical Considerations and Colion Noir.

Hickok45 is like watching grandpa shoot on Sunday afternoon. Paul Harrell is interesting, certainly one of the quirkier ones out there.

I like a lot of MAC's videos, and he's a Hoosier. A little wordy at times, though.

Yankee Marshall and NutNFancy are whiny, annoying bitches. :):
    Definitely agree with your last sentence. I won't comment on the others except to say I do respect Tim from MAC but as you mention he can go a little long. He was one of the first people I met IRL when I started here at INGO. He and Joe were good to me back then.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Further explanation this please.

The P365 breaking firing pins non stop until youtube reviewers got them to do a second generation to solve the problem, and none of the guns carry a mark signifying they're part of the fixed guns.

The MCX has gone through more of these kind of changes than I can possibly ever hope to list out. The MPX has had enormous rolling changes that totally alter the gun's value and reliability, with no changes to the naming to make customers aware of the generation.

There's a lot of them.

As for stacking tolerances, it's easy to jack up a trigger and safety system as a manufacturer and end up with the issues remmy 700s had at that scale.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The P365 breaking firing pins non stop until youtube reviewers got them to do a second generation to solve the problem, and none of the guns carry a mark signifying they're part of the fixed guns.

The MCX has gone through more of these kind of changes than I can possibly ever hope to list out. The MPX has had enormous rolling changes that totally alter the gun's value and reliability, with no changes to the naming to make customers aware of the generation.

There's a lot of them.

As for stacking tolerances, it's easy to jack up a trigger and safety system as a manufacturer and end up with the issues remmy 700s had at that scale.
    Just curious what year was the second generation?

Top Bottom