• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I’m seriously considering selling/trading my last Glock (G45) and going all in on Smith&Wesson’s M&P line. I just shoot the M&P better. That being said, there’s something to be said for having at least one full sized Glock in the arsenal, so I’ve been hesitant about actually making the final decision.

Your thoughts?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I’m seriously considering selling/trading my last Glock (G45) and going all in on Smith&Wesson’s M&P line. I just shoot the M&P better. That being said, there’s something to be said for having at least one full sized Glock in the arsenal, so I’ve been hesitant about actually making the final decision.

Your thoughts?
    What is to be said for Glock ownership if you shoot the M&P better?

Unless you have a collectable Glock or it has some sentimental value, dump it. You can always get another one down the road.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    you might wanna try the CZ P-10 line -- or the Springfield XD-ish line

I have both and they both put to bed the "Blocks"...and yes, I've had a Glocks and sold them almost immediately.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I now have 2 shields (a 2.0 and a plus) which have been the most natural shooting guns I have ever owned. They also have hands down the best stock trigger I have ever felt. If the full size m&p 9 is just as nice, I will probably replace my daily vp9 with one.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Smith has several full size guns and are amazing, why would you need a full size Glock? There's nothing special about them. A full size gun is a full size gun.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I understand.. I’m not one to buy what is popular or if he’s got one it must be good. Shoot what’s comfortable and works as long as it’s not a Jennings:)
    I have a Glock 19 as an edc but got it as a trade. Tried to find a smaller edc and bought a 43x only because between it a hellcat a 365xl and a ruger max9 ... it fit my hands better. With as many choices there are out have fun shopping for it

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've come full circle. Plus some deviations.

Had Glock... Then went ALL in on M&P. Now I'm back to Glock + a Shield.

My reasons for reinvesting in Glock: Cheaper spare parts and cheaper / more available magazines.

I can train around a gun feeling better / worse in my hand. And I can train around a gun "shooting better".

Ubiquity is key!

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana

Your thoughts?
    Shoot with whatever you are comfortable. I've NEVER had any issue with ANY Glock I've owned and carried them on/off duty since they came to the US back in the mid-1980s. Maybe I'm just lucky with Glocks as I have heard about issues, but, fortunately, have never experienced them myself.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did similar. Shot the M&P 2.0 better (still have a Glock or 2, but had quite a few more previously. Sold or traded all but the 19's). Then I checked out some Sig P320's and 365's and went that way (and yes, still have some M&Ps) for similar reasons.

I stayed Glock for so long previously because of the shared mags, holsters, etc among most of the platform (didn;t hold for the single stacks of course), even changing calibers within the Glock line a couple of different times. But like you, I picked up and shot the M&P 2.0's (couldn't get the 1.0 to the trigger reset I wanted even with an APEX RAM) and then yet again better with the 320's (and they had some additional perks in being able to change grip modules, etc)

As others have said, go with what you shoot better. As to whether you actually sell or trade the Glock vs keeping it for a rainy day, that's up to you. If you need to trade/sell the Glock before you pick up an M&P then that;s a bit more difficult on the decision, but if you can afford to pick up the M&P first, I'd do that and practice a good bit with it first.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Your thoughts?
    Definitely go with what you shoot with better. That will help you to survive an encounter with a thug.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've come full circle. Plus some deviations.

Had Glock... Then went ALL in on M&P. Now I'm back to Glock + a Shield.

My reasons for reinvesting in Glock: Cheaper spare parts and cheaper / more available magazines.

I can train around a gun feeling better / worse in my hand. And I can train around a gun "shooting better".

Ubiquity is key!
    Didn't go through all the changes but ended up the same place.. Mid-sized Glock platform is what I shoot best, 19 or a 45 but could never warm up to the 43X/48. First rounds through a Shield Plus told me I had found something a little smaller that suited me perfectly..

I'm always disturbed when people use words I have to google, Ubiquity? :wallbash: Nobody likes a smartypants.:nono:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did pretty much the same thing but I went to classic Sigs like the P229 and P226. I'm keeping my last Glock though just because I do really like it but just don't shoot it near as well as I do the Sigs. In the last year, I've sold 2 G27s, 2 G30s, a G21 and a G 23.3. They were all great pistols but never pointed as well as other guns do

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Your thoughts?
    I have a couple M&P's and I too shoot them better than Glocks in general and they fit my hand much better.
    I've sold off many of the Glocks I've owned since the early 1990's.
    But still keep some Glocks around for various reasons.

That said, I'd still keep the one G45 around, because as far as Glocks go I shoot the G19X/G45 fairly well (Yes, I remember how dumb the G19X seemed until I held one in my hand and fired one).

But Glocks are more ubiquitous as far as accessories and parts go than the M&P, plus the G45/G19X pistol has OEM 17 / 19 / 24 / 31 / 33 round magazines available which the M&P doesn't have.
    So Glocks still have some advantages compared to the M&P.
    YMMV

Top Bottom