Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why do I see this crap so often?

So is it:
    1. Kirk digging up these stories
    2. An increase in gun owners, many without good training
    3. Media loves to report this stuff (maybe with a liberal bent)
    4. The movie Idiocracy is coming true

I'd say start taking away guns from these people, but if the fear of losing a foot or your wife and unborn baby is enough to prevent coonfingering, then nothing is.

No, only education will solve this; which is why I advocate a copy of the IN firearm laws and basic handling info be included with every Larry the ISP mails out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why do I see this crap so often?

While injuries and deaths from gun "accidents" are down, NDs/ADs happen all the time. Just ask our INGO LEOs about the number of calls they get about "I was just cleaning it" or "I don't know what happened".

I'd say start taking away guns from these people,

I prefer education. People do not understand how to do the most basic functions with a firearm. Heck, look at the fistfights I start when I point out that guns can discharge upon loading or unloading.

It needs to be addressed in school. Firearms education needs to be tax deductible.

wpilotw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Goshen
    Just saw a video that was about a police chief that was in a gun store and pulled his glock to compare to another hand gun and when he returned it to the holster the pull cord on the bottom of his jacket got caught in the trigger guard and he then went to pull up on his jacket to cover his weapon and it the pull cord caught the trigger causing the gun to fire and hit him in the leg.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Just saw a video that was about a police chief that was in a gun store and pulled his glock to compare to another hand gun and when he returned it to the holster the pull cord on the bottom of his jacket got caught in the trigger guard and he then went to pull up on his jacket to cover his weapon and it the pull cord caught the trigger causing the gun to fire and hit him in the leg.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

This guy is an idiot as well. He muzzles himself twice before he shot himself. Then yanks the gun out after the shot is fired and muzzles the customer to his right. Good grief.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So, I am eighteen years old and I am driving my car down the road with a buddy in the passenger seat. He pulls out his Ruger Blackhawk .357 magnum and starts to monkey around with it. About the time I say, "Isn't that thing loaded?" He thumbs the hammer back. I said, "Put the d@%n thing away and stop playing with it!" I am now slowing down to stop the car.
    In the process of trying to put the hammer down, he has an accidental discharge and the JSP round passes between the steering wheel and my head and blows the driver's side window out.
    Took every bit of restraint I had to not beat the s#&t out of him! Haven't talked to him since that day.
    I would NOT have had ANY restraint at all ..... I would have grabbed the gun, and beat him WITH it..... and had a "slightly used" gun to add to my collection !!!!!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My favorite line:

The man instantly knew he had shot himself in the foot.

no $&!?, Sherlock.

Reminds me of one of those "24 Hours" type of crime shows I saw. An elderly couple came up missing. Their back door was wide open, wall safe was open and empty, and a huge trail of blood led from the inside of the house out to the driveway. The LEO that was interviewed said "It was at that time that we begin to suspect foul play."

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Holy cow somebody on Indo with a sense of humor. It was not I sir. I'll just say the guy didn't even have to serve hard time in the state penn but just time served in county,

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My firearms are part of the family. They sleep in snug beds, some live under seats, and others in toolboxes. They all need to see the light of day at least once, as well as a bath. Otherwise they may have health problems when needed the most.

Top Bottom