• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    The old Iver Johnson Champion single-shot, 2 1/2" chamber .410 that was my dad's first shotgun as a boy in the late 1920's and which became mine when I was 10. Bagged my first cottontail, first bobwhite, etc. with it and spent much of my boyhood lugging it through the hills and fields of MO during the Fall and Winter hunting seasons.

It's pretty much worn out from its 80-odd years of use now. The lock-up is loose, the finish is mostly gone and the wood shows lots of dings, scratches and other wear. Lots of fond memories in it, but a true restoration just isn't in the cards for it since I've no sons or daughters of my own to pass it along to and most all of my nieces and nephews have never hunted and never knew their grandfather. Just a memento/keepsake now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Beretta 21A Bobcat. I bought the thing awhile ago. It's sitting with carry ammo in it's little Italian box just collecting dust. (sigh)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    My Mossin, but only because I have only been to the range once since I bought it. I haven't shot my Makarov much recently, but I still have more rounds through it than anything I own that isn't a 22.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    That would be my Marlin 336W, in a .30-30. I haven't shot it since June(?), and it is now up for sale thru a local gun shop. It can also be found on gunbroker.com. I got so wrapped up with my M-14/M1-A that the Marlin kept getting put aside.
    Oh well...The sale of the Marlin will help offset the cost of my new AR-15!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have a few that have been semi-restored from active carrying and get minimal range time. Both were guns I got after my dad passed away- Beretta minx and Smith Regulation Police.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Hard to say, my Mosin probably has only about 300 rounds ( by me) .
    I haven't shot the SKS in 20 yrs and can't remember how much I shot it.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    With the exception of my Winchester 30-30 (which I've never fired), I shoot my Ruger New Vaquero the least. I love firing that gun, but I can't justify the cost right now. I never got into cowboy action shooting as I had planned when I bought it. The ammo (.45 Colt) is just too expensive. I do not carry that piece for self-defense purposes, and I would rather spend the money to practice with guns I do carry for that reason.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    For now it is my Moss 500 that I picked up on black friday and haven't had it out yet. Other than that, it is my early 1920's Paige Lewis .22 that belonged to my great grandfather. It needs a little work.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I've got a 3 screw Ruger 44 mag that I pawned for a friend in the early 90s that has never been fired (except for the factory test). Not that it's a collectors item or anything, I just never have taken it out of the safe except to coonfinger it once in a while and admire the nice finish.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    The Mosin Nagant has only seen about 20 rounds from me. Haven't fired the Benelli SuperNova much either, since it a home defense gun. A couple others I haven't shot much, mainly because I haven't had them very long.

Top Bottom