• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've been thinking about this, and at first it sounds good, but what if it also causes liberals to move to blue states? I know that at first that sounds good too, but since representation in the House is determined by population, could that increase representation for blue states while decreasing representation for red states? Now I suppose it's possible that conservatives may flee the blue states in favor of red states, but it's something to consider I think.

ETA: Maybe it will be a wash. :dunno:
    You mean like inviting illegals to their states?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    So because it stood for 49 years it is sacrosanct. I assume they are in favor of segregation and separate but equal then since Plessy vs Ferguson stood for 58 years.
    There is no reasoning with the left ( democrats ) and it happens on this site too.
    I also cannot understand why someone would go somewhere where you civil rights are taken away and willingly give them your money.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can the legal experts help answer this.
    OK so the court has struck down the 50 year old law. A law that even the late Ruth judge did not like due to how it was written.

So could not congress right now correct the law or pass a new abortation for all law. After all the democratic control all 3 "houses".

:dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can the legal experts help answer this.
    OK so the court has struck down the 50 year old law. A law that even the late Ruth judge did not like due to how it was written.

So could not congress right now correct the law or pass a new abortation for all law. After all the democratic control all 3 "houses".

There was no law. It was an opinion of the USSC.

Yes, Congress could try to pass a law like that.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    1Can the legal experts help answer this.

It wasn't a law, it was court decision based around the questions of "Is there a Constitutional right to patient privacy?", and if so, "Is abortion a private matter between a woman and her doctor?"... the court said "yes, but only to a point"... yet 50 year later it somehow got turned into "Abortion is a Constitutional Right... No uterus, no opinion"

Roe was a bad call, "Roe" herself even said so.

The debate and heart-aching will never end until a Federal law is passed that establishes and protects a woman's right to abortion in the early term... but also protects the life of the unborn child past the point of viability, unless certain clearly defined circumstances (such as rape, gross defect, and death of the mother) present themselves.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It wasn't a law, it was court decision based around the questions of "Is there a Constitutional right to patient privacy?", and if so, "Is abortion a private matter between a woman and her doctor?"... the court said "yes, but only to a point"... yet 50 year later it somehow got turned into "Abortion is a Constitutional Right... No uterus, no opinion"

Roe was a bad call, "Roe" herself even said so.

The debate and heart-aching will never end until a Federal law is passed that establishes and protects a woman's right to abortion in the early term... but also protects the life of the unborn child past the point of viability, unless certain clearly defined circumstances (such as rape, gross defect, and death of the mother) present themselves.
    Rape should come up long before viability

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My biggest fear in all this is exactly what is going to happen... the media is going to fuel the flames to a boiling point...

They will put up non-stop clips that switch between poor young minority women and pink haired college activists vs unkempt looking bearded men with southern accents wearing Trump shirts and Adam the 40-something-Cis-Male-Evangelical-Christian-Abortion-is-a-sin-Republican-Preacher-Father-of-6 and ignore anything and anyone in the middle.

There will never be a consensus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I simply cannot agree with a worldview that views being unwanted as a crime punishable by death.
    Well, that’s not actually their worldview thought. That’s really not a lot different from claiming that gun owners have the blood of slain school children on their hands. Obviously, that’s silly. Gun owners don’t have tjat worldview. In our worldview, the only person with blood on their hands is the shooter, but in the case of the cops, when their negligent actions increase the body count beyond what it could have been.

So with most people who support abortion, they don’t believe it’s a death sentence. And most people who do support abortion, they do believe there is a point in the pregnancy where it is murder.

I think it’s important to get your viewpoint right. Anti-gun zealots feel their disgust for gun owners is justified because gun owners don’t care about victims of mass shootings. That kind of contempt in the wrong person brings a high potential for justifying violence.

Getting it right on the other side is just as important. What kind a feelings can you justify if you believe they’re murdering babies? I’m not saying you, but that’s the exact motivation of people who resort to violence against abortion clinics. Worst case it breads justifying violent actions. Best case it gives you contempt for people who may not believve the thing you feel justifies that contempt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My biggest fear in all this is exactly what is going to happen... the media is going to fuel the flames to a boiling point...

They will put up non-stop clips that switch between poor young minority women and pink haired college activists vs unkempt looking bearded men with southern accents wearing Trump shirts and Adam the 40-something-Cis-Male-Evangelical-Christian-Abortion-is-a-sin-Republican-Preacher-Father-of-6 and ignore anything and anyone in the middle.

There will never be a consensus.
    The thing is, the closest thing to a consensus is allowing abortions up to the third trimester.

Top Bottom