• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I am watching Fox news and they are showing all the companies that are gonna pay for employees travel to abortion legal states. It's a win/win for them. They look all supportive to their employees AND they don't have to pay for maternity leave. Travel to and from a abortion legal state is much cheaper than maternity leave. Plus less time off because less sick kid days/daycare issues. Insurance will also cost them less because less sick kids. JM2C.
    This was my thought when the draft decision was leaked and several large corporations immediately stated they would pay for "abortion travel". Corporate "bean counters" undoubtedly had input on those decisions.

John

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most of the people are yelling about women losing their property rights, right to vote, citizenship, ability to appear in public unchaperoned, and becoming the property of their closest male relative.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Walked past the Allen County courthouse in Fort Wayne at lunch on Friday and no activity (yet).

Well walked by at 5:00pm and only two people, a Pro Death person and a Church Lady, having a heated but civil debate on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse.

I still anticipate less than peaceful protest.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    In our system it is probably most appropriate to have the individual states determine abortion policy for themselves. In that respect, this decision makes decent legal and even some degree of ideological sense. However, I think the unintended consequences will be rather more severe than many realize.

Forcing a woman to give birth does not make an unwanted pregnancy wanted...it turns an unwanted pregnancy into an unwanted child.

The world does not need any more unwanted children, if you need evidence of this fact look no further than the army of unwanted bastards that fill our public schools, courts, and jails.

Criminalized abortion increases suffering. It increases crime. It decreases upward economic mobility for the poor and working classes.

I want to live in a world where fewer women need to end their pregnancy, not one where fewer women who have that need to are able to.

This will probably be my last post.

Thank you for your replies, my foray into this forum has been…eye opening.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I want to live in a world where fewer women need to end their pregnancy, not one where fewer women who have that need to are able to.
    Me too... maybe now theyll not be hoes, or use protection, instead of relying on murdering an innocent person to avoid the consequences of their actions.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    In our system it is probably most appropriate to have the individual states determine abortion policy for themselves. In that respect, this decision makes decent legal and even some degree of ideological sense. However, I think the unintended consequences will be rather more severe than many realize.

Forcing a woman to give birth does not make an unwanted pregnancy wanted...it turns an unwanted pregnancy into an unwanted child.

The world does not need any more unwanted children, if you need evidence of this fact look no further than the army of unwanted bastards that fill our public schools, courts, and jails.

Criminalized abortion increases suffering. It increases crime. It decreases upward economic mobility for the poor and working classes.

I simply cannot agree with a worldview that views being unwanted as a crime punishable by death.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The VAST majority of unwanted pregnancies are easily avoidable.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Generally speaking, I think most of us are all for state's rights when they are properly so under the Constitution and don't, y'know....result in depriving others of heir human rights.

Wonder why that "great champion of human rights" lincoln never lifted a finger to free union state slaves....but that discussion is off topic for this thread...y'know...like yours.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I want to show you a blatant case of fake news.

Fortune alleges that Clarence Thomas is threatening to overturn gay marriage and contraceptives.

Lets see what Clarence Thomas actually said:
    "
    The Court today declines to disturb substantive due process jurisprudence generally or the doctrine’s application in other, specific contexts. Cases like Griswold v. Connecticut,
    381 U. S. 479 (1965) (right of married persons to obtain contraceptives)*; Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U. S. 558 (2003) (right to engage in private, consensual sexual acts); and Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U. S. 644 (2015) (right to same-sex marriage), are not at issue. The Court’s abortion cases are unique
    "
    - https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf
    You needed to read further into his opinion. He said this case didn't affect those others, but he thinks they and others should be reevaluated.
    It goes on.
    For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all
    of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell. Because any substantive due process decision is “demonstrably erroneous,”
    Ramos v. Louisiana, 590 U. S. ___, ___ (2020) (THOMAS, J.,
    concurring in judgment) (slip op., at 7), we have a duty to
    “correct the error” established in those precedents, Gamble
    v. United States, 587 U. S. ___, ___ (2019) (THOMAS, J., concurring) (slip op., at 9). After overruling these demonstrably erroneous decisions, the question would remain
    whether other constitutional provisions guarantee the myriad rights that our substantive due process cases have generated. For example, we could consider whether any of the
    rights announced in this Court’s substantive due process
    cases are “privileges or immunities of citizens of the United
    States” protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. Amdt.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Okbye

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I am glad Roe is gone... but at the same time I know we have now created a patchwork of differing laws that US gun owners are all to familiar with.

Comparisons will be and need to be made between Gun Rights and Abortion Rights.

There will be outright abortion bans in the bible belt states, and their laws will be struck down... as they should be.

There will be states with strict limitations with exceptions for rape and medical necessity, I support that more, as does much of the conservative population

There will be middle ground states where the debate will rage for years, until scientific data on viability can overcome emotion on both sides.

There will always be permissive abortion states that will support abortion at almost any point for any reason. "Abortications" will be a thing now. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Top Bottom