• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ate three rounds, played possum, and jumped right back up like a zombie. That guy worked remarkably hard at getting shot.
    I thought it was over after the first few shots. He laid down and I figured they were waiting on EMS to arrive. Then he popped up again.
    I wonder if that happens often?

The officer fired three shots. Two of the rounds hit the man in his chest and stomach, which caused him to fall onto the ground. From there, a second officer arrived on scene. As he walked up, the man then got back onto his feet and ran into the garage of a nearby home with two people inside at the time. Officers stand outside the garage and the man yells to them that he has a knife. Eventually, the man leaves the garage and charges at the officers again. The officers attempted to subdue the man with a taser, which did not work. They then fired another shot, shooting the man in the arm. At this point officers were able to secure the man. Medical aid was given to the suspect on scene by GRPD and East Grand Rapids Public Safety officers arriving to the scene. He was taken to a local hospital and is expected to recover.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I thought it was over after the first few shots. He laid down and I figured they were waiting on EMS to arrive. Then he popped up again.

The officer fired three shots. Two of the rounds hit the man in his chest and stomach, which caused him to fall onto the ground. From there, a second officer arrived on scene. As he walked up, the man then got back onto his feet and ran into the garage of a nearby home with two people inside at the time. Officers stand outside the garage and the man yells to them that he has a knife. Eventually, the man leaves the garage and charges at the officers again. The officers attempted to subdue the man with a taser, which did not work. They then fired another shot, shooting the man in the arm. At this point officers were able to secure the man. Medical aid was given to the suspect on scene by GRPD and East Grand Rapids Public Safety officers arriving to the scene. He was taken to a local hospital and is expected to recover.
    That’s what we call a psychological stop, kids.

Nothing vital was hit and he just thought he was stopped.

Then he realized he was still in the fight and got back up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Yes. The human body is pretty good at dealing with trauma short term and going horizontal reduces the required blood pressure for consciousness/thought. Roughly 1/3 the requirement, IIRC, I actually learned the exact figure not too long ago but can't recall off the top of my head. Also specific to trauma, swelling occurs to pinch off blood vessels to help reduce blood loss and raise blood pressure. The body can't keep it up indefinitely, any more than you can clinch a muscle indefinitely, but it works to get that second wind you sometimes see.

So the injured person falls down, blood gets back to the brain since it doesn't need enough pressure to fight gravity to get to the 'top' of the body, and now they are back in the fight. You have probably experienced the reverse of this where you 'stood up too fast' and got briefly dizzy or your sight dimmed. Same mechanism, change in required blood pressure to keep things functioning normally and your body playing catch up. Also the concept behind elevating the legs in shock victims to get more blood to the important gibbly bits.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

During the investigation, officers located the 23-year-old suspect and, at one point, lost sight of him.
    As the sergeant searched behind a building, the suspect fired multiple shots into the sergeant’s vehicle, striking him several times.
    The sergeant managed to exit his vehicle and return fire toward the suspect. The suspect ran away from the scene, and a short time later, was found around the corner of a building. He had suffered gunshot wounds.
    Officers administered first aid to the suspect and the sergeant. Houston Fire Department paramedics pronounced the suspect deceased at the scene and transported the sergeant to the hospital, where he remains in stable condition.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

Several years ago my grandma's neighbor decided to get high and rob a dollar store. Police arrived during the robbery and as he came out a gunfight happened. He caught several rounds to the chest then I believe a single round to the face at the bridge of his nose, all .40s&w hst. Officers covered eachother as they checked one another. Suddenly he hopped up and grabbed his gun to keep the party going and caught several more rounds from the guy that later became my fto and that put him down for good. People are crazy things.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Several years ago my grandma's neighbor decided to get high and rob a dollar store. Police arrived during the robbery and as he came out a gunfight happened. He caught several rounds to the chest then I believe a single round to the face at the bridge of his nose, all .40s&w hst. Officers covered eachother as they checked one another. Suddenly he hopped up and grabbed his gun to keep the party going and caught several more rounds from the guy that later became my fto and that put him down for good. People are crazy things.
    There is video from the late 70s or early 80s of a guy taking 33 rounds before he was put down. Several times in my career I've been on a shooting and asked "How the **** are they not dead?".

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This idiot jumps out of his car starts shooting at 10+ LEO.

I still wonder what they are thinking when they try this? @BehindBlueI's do you have any insight on their thinking process in these situations? In my opinion that is the absence of intelligence.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This idiot jumps out of his car starts shooting at 10+ LEO.

I still wonder what they are thinking when they try this? @BehindBlueI's do you have any insight on their thinking process in these situations? In my opinion that is the absence of intelligence.

Another variation of suicide, but with the idea maybe you take someone with you. Also, see how many say something like "I'm not going back to prison again" or some variation in the lead up.

Top Bottom