• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I was looking at the hellcat and sig 365, but the sights on the hellcat were the deal breaker. Much easier for my old eyes to see. It is thinner and smaller than my G26. put 100rds of fmj and 50rds of HPs today with no problems. the trigger is going to take some getting used to, though. I got the optics ready version in case I ever want to try a red dot. some videos said they had trouble filling the mags. but using my lulu loader I had no problem loading 11 or 13.

DSC_5615w.jpg

DSC_5627w.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats!! I'm typically not a big fan of Springfield, but they did a good job on the hellcat. Had mine out at the range today too along with a G26 and a few others.
    Congrats on the purchase, it should serve you well!
    It still amazes me all the offerings we have to choose from these days. So many great offerings.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Love mine! It's my deep carry at work. P365 is a good gun, but the Hellcat conceals much better in a pocket to me, because of the flat bottom of the grip vs the angled bottom that the P365 has. An extra round of capacity is the icing on the cake. Excellent platform.

May I ask which pocket holster you use, if you use one?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I must be buying the wrong kind of pants. No way I could pocket carry a Hellcat.
    Yes. Yes you are.

:)

It doesn't work with skinny jeans and similar. I generally wear jeans with adequate pockets, or cargo shorts in the winter.
    I sometimes even carry my Hellcat Pro in cargo shorts.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yes. Yes you are.

:)

It doesn't work with skinny jeans and similar. I generally wear jeans with adequate pockets, or cargo shorts in the winter.
    I sometimes even carry my Hellcat Pro in cargo shorts.
    No skinny jeans here.

RK jeans, Lee's carpenter jeans or Khaki's. I almost put on cargo shorts today, but that's not winter attire for me.

Cargo pants /shorts. I carry a P365x in the pocket and just ordered an optic cut pocket holster as I've got an x with an optic now and want to see how that will work.

That makes sense. Even in my larger carpenter jeans, a pistol would be a tight fit in the front pocket (where my wallet resides).

To the OP - love the Hellcat platform. My wife also has one but prefers her XDS 9mm...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm interested to see if they launch a hellcat sized modular pistol to take advantage of an Echelon like config.

Basically the Echelon is SA's version of the Sig P320. Wonder if they will revamp the Hellcat series to become modular and fully take on the P365.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I'm interested to see if they launch a hellcat sized modular pistol to take advantage of an Echelon like config.

Basically the Echelon is SA's version of the Sig P320. Wonder if they will revamp the Hellcat series to become modular and fully take on the P365.
    My money would be on them shrinking the Echelon to offer a compact version, etc.

Hard to say though, the Hellcat has been out a few years and only the 9mm and Pro versions have been released.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I've had one for about a year. Never had any issues with it it's nice and light and it makes for a great summer carry gun. 13 rounds is nice to have as well.

Mine absolutely disappears in a Milt Sparks summer special 2 Glock 19 IWB holster and a Kore Essentials belt

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My money would be on them shrinking the Echelon to offer a compact version, etc.

Hard to say though, the Hellcat has been out a few years and only the 9mm and Pro versions have been released.
    Definitely see a Compact coming but that will just be like the 320 compacts, etc. Should be able to configure it in many different ways short grip modules, short slides, etc given the COGs (FCU equivalent)

But it won't be a 365 killer until they get into a modular hell cat sized gun.

Seems like the XD's are on the way out.

Top Bottom