• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I apologize for bumping this thread but didn't want to start a new one.

We'll be having a get-together at Monroe next weekend so I was thinking, does the ACoE control just the water or water and park? We will not be on the water. I would like to carry if at all possible.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I haven't heard of any updates other than concealed means concealed. Have your pink paper, play dumb and be prepared to be a test case. It's asinine to think that we would have to give up self defense on that waterway or around it.

I wonder who "enforces" this silly law or if they even do? DNR? I just got a notification that Angela Goldman is the new District 6 Commander. Don't know her (other than on TV) or if that matters much.

With our political victory, maybe this would be a good time to pursue getting this taken care of for good? Same with the Post Office, other "federal jurisdictions?"

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I haven't heard of any updates other than concealed means concealed. Have your pink paper, play dumb and be prepared to be a test case. It's asinine to think that we would have to give up self defense on that waterway or around it.

I wonder who "enforces" this silly law or if they even do? DNR? I just got a notification that Angela Goldman is the new District 6 Commander. Don't know her (other than on TV) or if that matters much.

With our political victory, maybe this would be a good time to pursue getting this taken care of for good? Same with the Post Office, other "federal jurisdictions?"

How much danger could there be in that vicinity. You are not blonde.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me. You should hear the banjos playing down there... :runaway:
    I get the dange is real. I don't get that the locals don't seem to get it or want to play it off as not being real despite there being major cases every couple of years that clearly demonstrate otherwise.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bump. Has anything changed with Army Corps of Engineers property?
    Back on topic... No, nothing has changed. ACoE properties are still off-limits as per their rules (http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Portals/64/docs/Ops/Recreation/Rules_Title36.pdf) . All the way to their property boundary. Doesn't include ALL of the DNR Rec. Areas (example: Paynetown), but does include the parts anywhere near the water for Monroe.

Map is here:
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/monroe_trail.pdf

Still need to contract the district commander to receive permission to carry a loaded firearm on property. Contact information is here:Louisville District > Contact. The current District Commander is ​Col. Christopher G. Beck > Louisville District > Bio Article View. I have asked, and been denied, twice. Once with this District Commander, once with his predecessor.

Most likely way to get this changed is to pressure your Congressman to change the rules. The ACoE is the ONLY remaining outdoor recreation management group that disallows firearms. Even the National Park Service has changed their rules in the last several years to follow the State laws where their parks are located.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There you go. We need to get legislation passed to fix this. I would add that we need to press our 2nd Amendment lobbying organizations (NRA, ISRPA,) to pressure our congress people to pass laws that eliminate or override these archaic restrictions.

Now would be the time for that, before the political climate changes again.

Top Bottom