• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    If you do not know HandK, He is an Extremely Friendly, Easy going and Competent Instructor. This training has helped my wife And myself become comfortable carrying, handling and shooting our pistols and is an Invaluable lesson for those who are just beginning aswell as those who just need to keep their training fresh. I implore anyone that can make it to come and enjoy this day, We had a Great time last year and expect the same this year.
    (Except alittle less sweating!):):

Thanks Again Gary! :rockwoot:

BBK76858

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    So I am new here. Just got my first pistol this past weekend and went shooting with hubby and step-dad yesterday. I am not sure about the training…will we be taught proper stance and such. Like I said new here but want to learn more. Hubby is suppose to have CERT training that day but said he would move it so I can come. Just trying to get more info on what we would be doing and how long.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    So I am new here. Just got my first pistol this past weekend and went shooting with hubby and step-dad yesterday. I am not sure about the training…will we be taught proper stance and such. Like I said new here but want to learn more. Hubby is suppose to have CERT training that day but said he would move it so I can come. Just trying to get more info on what we would be doing and how long.

Yes you will learn that and so much more!! you will get alot out of the class looking forward to seeing you there. ! :D

BBK76858

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    SO how do I sign up

So looks like we are rearranging scheduled so that I can come and learn more. What do I need to do to make sure I have a spot? I will need to go and get a holster for my pistol only has the pocket clip on it right now. This will be my first real training class but looking forward to it.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    So looks like we are rearranging scheduled so that I can come and learn more. What do I need to do to make sure I have a spot? I will need to go and get a holster for my pistol only has the pocket clip on it right now. This will be my first real training class but looking forward to it.

Get with IJW and confirm your coming, and we will see you there! And Welcome to INGO! :D

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I've got you down BBK.

Also for any men who are bringing their wives bring your hawks, knives, etc. You boys can go play.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I am trying to talk my girlfriend in to this. I am curious though, why no IWB holsters? I've been to more than a few training classes running IWB. No big deal. Just wondering.

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    There are some ranges that prohibit lead bullets. Are there any similar restrictions at this range? I'm getting ready to order, but I want to make sure Maureen has what she can use.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I am trying to talk my girlfriend in to this. I am curious though, why no IWB holsters? I've been to more than a few training classes running IWB. No big deal. Just wondering.

Outside the waist band holsters are safer in my opinion! especially when working with people that have varying skill levels! You can transfer what are are going to learn at the training to what ever mode of carry you wish to do!! But for the safety of all involved I prefer they stay with OWB, Thank you, HandK :D

And besides a good leather OWB holster will hold it as tight to the body as a IWB holster will and it makes for a faster draw! IMO :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    There are some ranges that prohibit lead bullets. Are there any similar restrictions at this range? I'm getting ready to order, but I want to make sure Maureen has what she can use.

there are no limitations on lead bullets at the range we will be at!! So order away! :D

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Ironjaw's wife;
    Yes, my wife and daughter are planning on attending. I will also be there to help if needed or to quietly blend in to the background.
    Thanks for all your work in putting this on.
    INGO won't let me send a private message to you.
    Hickory

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Ironjaw's wife;
    Yes, my wife and daughter are planning on attending. I will also be there to help if needed or to quietly blend in to the background.
    Thanks for all your work in putting this on.
    INGO won't let me send a private message to you.
    Hickory

Looking foreword to seeing you all there!! :D

MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    Is it too late to give a maybe?
    Why do we have to have a holster?
    500 round of ammunition? Wow!

If I can get all that stuff together, I'd like to come. i just don't know if I'll be able to get it all in time...

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

If I can get all that stuff together, I'd like to come. i just don't know if I'll be able to get it all in time...

I can't answer on the attendance. However, A holster is required as you will learn proper draw stroke, and perform shooting drills which involve drawing from a holster.

HandK will be along shortly to fill in the blanks that I left out.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

The number one reason is for safety! Can't have people running around with guns out of the holster possibly sweeping others! and a holster is the mode of carry that most people carry! You also need a belt for that holster! The belt is the number one thing that women forget to bring because so many don't wear a belt daily!

You are more than welcome to come! and as far as the 500 rounds go! many in the past wish they would have brought more! :D

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Well, I got owb holster, belt and ammo, ...the question now is deciding what to bring. 38 snubby (my favorite), LC9, or full size 22.

I have the most experience with the 38 but am working on the 22 and the LC9.

I am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the 22nd! :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well, I got owb holster, belt and ammo, ...the question now is deciding what to bring. 38 snubby (my favorite), LC9, or full size 22.

I have the most experience with the 38 but am working on the 22 and the LC9.

I am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the 22nd! :)

I do not recommend using the 22! you will be cheating yourself! the grip and stance that you will learn will make it very easy to handle the recoil from the LC9! A 5 shot 38 will leave you with 5 shots in a ten shot world! :D

Your LC9 would be the way to go! :D

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Is the training still set for Saturday the 22nd? I haven't seen anything recently and just wanted to make sure nothing has changed... I'm so looking forward to this!!:):

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Is the training still set for Saturday the 22nd? I haven't seen anything recently and just wanted to make sure nothing has changed... I'm so looking forward to this!!:):

Yes it is still going on! and will be on the 22nd at 9:00 am! There has been several posts in this thread to update people! Looking forward to seeing every one there!! :D

Top Bottom