• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Listening to the Joe Rogan podcast where he's interviewing the rapper Killer Mike. Early in the podcast they get into gun rights and Killer Mike ends up being one of the most educated guests I'd ever heard on this podcast regarding 2A and gun rights/gun safety.

FYI...some NSFW language...
    https://youtu.be/Y0P706JKY-w

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I watched this one last night, the whole episode was pretty solid. No idea who Killer Mike was before watching it. Seems like an alright guy

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Killer Mike has been on the pro 2A bandwagon for the last couple of years now.

I've seen him on "Real Time with Bill Maher" a few times making the case (correctly I might add) that if the left truly thinks Trump is a totalitarian dictator, then the people should be armed to oppose him.

He also understands the racist roots of gun control and advocates for marginalized people living in poor neighboorhoods to be armed to protect themselves against both common criminals and politicians committed to keeping them dependent on the state.

[video=youtube_share;ug3Xts0ZLUw]http://youtu.be/ug3Xts0ZLUw[/video]

Last edited:

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I finished listening to most of the podcast. I did not expect a dude named Killer Mike to be one of the most thoughtful and reasonable people I've heard in a far-reaching public forum in a while. Much better interview than I expected and one of the best I've heard on Rogan in a while.

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    If that's the case, that's unfortunate. This has been my only exposure to him other than hearing some Run the Jewels songs, and thought he came off - based on my observation - as pretty reasonable and libertarian-leaning.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, in a coincidence (that probably wasn't a coincidence), I actually heard Killer Mike's song "Reagan" on SiriusXM last night. (Rock the Bells channel, curated by LL Cool J.)

Ya'all can google it if you want. It is a really good rap (IMHO). The subject matter is... maybe awkward for many INGOers.

I think it is an over-simplification to say that he's racist, at least based on what little I've seen of him. He has opinions on race in US society. So, he has opinions on whites, blacks, and whatever else.

Mostly, he has positions on authority and which race tends to have more of it.

Those positions on authority, and how it is used, inform his 2A positions - as likely happens to all of us. ;)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So, in a coincidence (that probably wasn't a coincidence), I actually heard Killer Mike's song "Reagan" on SiriusXM last night. (Rock the Bells channel, curated by LL Cool J.)

Ya'all can google it if you want. It is a really good rap (IMHO). The subject matter is... maybe awkward for many INGOers.

I think it is an over-simplification to say that he's racist, at least based on what little I've seen of him. He has opinions on race in US society. So, he has opinions on whites, blacks, and whatever else.

Mostly, he has positions on authority and which race tends to have more of it.

Those positions on authority, and how it is used, inform his 2A positions - as likely happens to all of us. ;)

^^^^ This ^^^^

I'd certainly need to see some specific examples of his alleged racism before I would paint him with that brush. He advocates for the empowerment of blacks and other people in downtrodden and poor communities. I've never seen or heard of him say anything derogatory about any specific race of people. Like T. Lex points out, he has issues with people in power, as I think most of us here do.

We should be willing to work with, or at least acknowledge, the efforts of anyone advocating for the Second Amendment and the freedom inherent to it. He's doing good work to engage with the black community and the media on the benefits of being armed and to counter the narrative that all pro-2A folks are old white guys.. To me that's a good thing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Listening to the Joe Rogan podcast where he's interviewing the rapper Killer Mike. Early in the podcast they get into gun rights and Killer Mike ends up being one of the most educated guests I'd ever heard on this podcast regarding 2A and gun rights/gun safety.

FYI...some NSFW language...
    https://youtu.be/Y0P706JKY-w

He's got good taste in music.....

Okay...An amazing interview and young man.....

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yes. He caught all kinds of flak for going on NRA-TV.

Yep, caught insane flak from the left about caving and being 'used' by the NRA. He did some back pedaling and did the best 2 step I had ever seen w/o ever really taking back what he said. The left simmered down calling victory...but he never really changed his position...which I found entertaining.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I'd hang out with Killer Mike.

I may not agree exactly with some of his views on race, but Killer Mike and I come from very different backgrounds. After watching the podcast, here are some things that Killer Mike and I DO have in common:

• We both love dogs
    • We both love music
    • We both work our asses off
    • We both love our moms
    • We both love our wives and families
    • We both have a solid sense of humor
    • We both take hardline stances on the first amendment
    • We both take hardline stances on the second amendment
    • We both distrust governments
    • We both work hard to get in better shape
    • We both think that the growing prison population in the US is a problem
    • We both know that poor black folks and poor white folks have more in common than they realize
    • We both dig muscle cars
    • And the list goes on...

I'm certain that I have more in common with Killer Mike than I do with Donald Trump.

And... Run The Jewels is really great workout music.

:ingo:

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I talked to my 20 something son about this thread. He's a Killer Mike fan ( even though he plays in a hard rock band). Told me "the guy is basically a libertarian" Now I'll have to give that song mentioned above a try

Top Bottom