• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    After watching all the debates & all the previous primaries, what possible reason would Mr Kasich have for staying in the presidential race? I see the only one getting anything out of him staying in is Mr Trump, causing just enough chaos to take momentum away from Mr Cruz. Is it possible that Mr Trump could be donating to the Kasich campaign making him stay in long enough for Mr Cruz to not be mathematically able to get the nomination? Which, as I understand can't happen now. Just a thought there. If I were to be correct on that point then I would look for Mr Kasich to be done after this next set of primaries.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Kasich's case is that if they can make it to a brokered convention and Trump is eliminated then he will become the more acceptable alternative to Cruz. I don't know if it will work for him as once it gets to that point you could see anybody become viable, but I think that is his strategy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A group of powerful somebodys in the party have promised him the nomination. He just has to be in the contest.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Kasich doesn't meet Rule 40 for states won so he won't be eligible. He's staying in because he knows he's got something valuable in the delegates he does have.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Kasich doesn't meet Rule 40 for states won so he won't be eligible. He's staying in because he knows he's got something valuable in the delegates he does have.

That rule is subject to change by the rules committee at the RNC. Do I think they will change it? I honestly have no f'ing idea.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That rule is subject to change by the rules committee at the RNC. Do I think they will change it? I honestly have no f'ing idea.

Well, I have an idea! My prediction is that if it means no Candidate Trump the Republican machine:tantrum: will take all of five (5) minutes (or less) to throw that obstacle out of the way in order to deny him the nomination!

And I'll bet you a beer:40oz: this happens if the situation occurs.:stickpoke:

Regards,

Doug

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    [video=youtube;yNRRto7u2oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRRto7u2oc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

What a desperate loser. :):

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    After watching all the debates & all the previous primaries, what possible reason would Mr Kasich have for staying in the presidential race? I see the only one getting anything out of him staying in is Mr Trump, causing just enough chaos to take momentum away from Mr Cruz. Is it possible that Mr Trump could be donating to the Kasich campaign making him stay in long enough for Mr Cruz to not be mathematically able to get the nomination? Which, as I understand can't happen now. Just a thought there. If I were to be correct on that point then I would look for Mr Kasich to be done after this next set of primaries.

To see the two methods to Kasichs' madness you have to look at the national polling vs Hillary and Bernie. It has pretty consistently shown him winning. Cruz loses and Trump crashes and BURNS. His other leg to stand on is the fact that he is the only 'mainstream GOP' candidate left. Cruz is a hard right winger who has spent the last few years pissing off the rest of the senate big time and Trump was a Democrat right up to the day he decided to be President. What Kasich is looking for is that Trump does not get the 1.237 delegates, forcing a vote he will not win. If that happens Kasichs' chances literally skyrocket because no one will win a 2nd vote either and by the 3rd round ALL delegates will be unbound at that point and then Kasich is in the running.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Kasich is staying in because he has hope that scientist will be able to quickly develop and release an antidote for whatever crazy mind-control gas a criminal mastermind has unleashed on America.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kasich is staying in because he has hope that scientist will be able to quickly develop and release an antidote for whatever crazy mind-control gas a criminal mastermind has unleashed on America.

I do not believe there is an antidote for P****D off - at least not this time.

Regards,

Doug

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Kasich is hanging in there because he's the only "middle of the road" candidate. Spear Dane is 100% correct. Cruz supporters are "too conservative" and Trump supporters are "too crazy." The only candidate that gives "average republicans" a shot is Kasich. Plus, he's the only one that polls well against either of the dems.

And honestly, I think he's just having fun! This dude is on the trail stuffing his pockets with subs and salami, chugging beers, I mean, he's living the life! I'm willing to bet he'll ride this out until they make him go home. The campaign trail is fun! And someone else is paying for it!

But, seriously though, he gets stuff done. His record in Ohio is pretty good when it comes to making things happen instead of just endless political BSing. I'm not endorsing the guy (voting for Deez Nuts '16) but if you're serious about having a president that will reign in some of the spending and work both sides of the aisle, this dude is way better than the other four.

kasich.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2dln5g5.jpg

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Kasich is still in because he wants a Republican to win in November. There's no way Trump wins the general election (#nevertrump anyone?), and Cruz is a longshot.

I still can't figure out the amorphous "establishment" of the Republican Party. How is Rubio or Kasich part of that but Cruz isn't?

Top Bottom