• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I bought a used KAHR CW9 afew weeks ago. I have put 200 rds. through it. I LOVE this little pistol...I have CC'ed for years. I have Glocks and 1911's and do like to carry them. But i find them to be uncomfortable sometimes and find myself leaving them in the truck or house alot. Many years ago i went looking for a small carry pistol that i would always have on me no matter what I was wearing.S&W 442, Glock 26. Kel-Tec 32, Charter Arms,and many more, and most recently a Ruger Lc9*** I can say that after shooting the KAHR I no longer have any of them.The only one that came close was the 26.But i can carry my 19 almost as easy as a 26. I feel I have found the perfect CC gun for me. One that i have on me all the time. It is easy to conceal. I can carry it in a pocket holster,or ITW holster. I can just slip it in my coat pocket or slide it in my boot. I shot a friends KAHR .40 cal afew years ago and liked the feel but felt it was a little snappy.. But the CW9 is just right for me. I feel it is better to have a gun that you know and trust inside and out and have it on you and ready then have a gun in the truck that you have not seen in a month..Does anyone else like the KAHR guns?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've had K9's, E9's, P9's, Elites, CW9's and recently a CM9. They have all functioned great for me and are very comfortable to shoot. I love the triggers on them and all of them, even my little CM9 have been very accurate. Glad you are enjoying yours.

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    the grip is too small for my hand i didnt like shooting it .....on the other hand me wife has very small hands so she cc it and she loves ...and she shoot closer groups than i do with my 1911 . but i still have to chamber it for her she hates that lol

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To each their own. It is your handgun and you love it, to me that is all that matters. I am glad you have found "the one". I like the Kahr pistols well enough, but I am more happy with the ones you scrapped :D.

I carry a G27, KT p32, and a S&W 442.

Everyone is different and there is no one perfect gun for all. Again, glad you found your gun. Congrats and enjoy! It will serve you well! :ingo:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If it works for you, fantastic. I have always heard good things about Kahr and I hope it serves you well and that you never NEED to use it.

Almost bought a CW9 a little while ago since I really like the grip, the size, and initial trigger reach. For me, though, the trigger was too close to the rest of my hand by the time the striker fired and I felt like I was pulling every shot right before the break. Does anybody know if Kahr makes an alternate trigger? (something like the opposite of SIG's short triggers)

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I too like the Kahr Arms guns. My favorite is the CW9. It feels sooo right on my hip.

p010.jpg

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    + CW series Kahrs. Have a CW40, and it is a pleasure to carry due to the light weight frame. Carry it as a backup to a G19, don't believe the 2 caliber difference is a big deal. Sometimes also carry a S&W 442 as a pocket pistol in my winter jacket, others CCW on belt/IWB. Use to read a lot from Evan Marshal, and Mas Ayoob and try to incorporate a few hints into my life style. Both writers are street smart firearms people.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have 2 CW9s and no other concealed carry arms (well, except for a stray PF9). They fit my hand great, even though I am used to Ruger P-series pistols (not known for having petite grips). Small enough to hide, powerful enough to get the job done, and they eat about as well as the Rugers (which is everything). Got mine from fellow INGO members who were kind enough to do all the break-in for me beforehand!

Great choice.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Owned a CW40 loved it, but got good deal on a glock at the time in trade for it so it went byebye.

Own a PM9, LOOOOOVE it. First subcompact, never letting THIS one go. Has a Crimson Trace lasergrip on it.

I did a quick Microsoft Paint depiction of the CW45 Covert I have planned: Kahr Covert pistols are no longer in production last I recall, but a crafty side of me is confident I can do this cleanly:

KAHRCW45COVERT.jpg

This should not be viewed as an exact form of how it will look. However, I am trying to show how proportionately good the PM45 looks on the slightly longer barreled CW45. I'll be doing the grip, adding some Trijicon night sights, cerakoting the slide black. It'll be a work in progress, but must I say how much guns are a passion?

Top Bottom