• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Just got my new Ka-Bar knife in the mail. A USMC edition, with a serrated edge, and a hard sheath. I've always wanted one so I decided my wife could buy me one for my birthday :D. I will probably have to get a leather sheath for it later (kinda of regretting ordering the hard sheath). Goes great with my M1 Garand. I think for Christmas, she may have to get me a Colt WW1 replica 1911 :laugh:.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ka Bar

I purchased a Ka Bar Marine corp model for My Brother for X-Mas about 10 yrs ago and He loves it
    I got one for Myself about 3 yrs ago with the Leather sheath embossed with the USMC logo and I also Love mine they are great knifes to be sure with a bit of History to boot

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I purchased a Ka Bar Marine corp model for My Brother for X-Mas about 10 yrs ago and He loves it
    I got one for Myself about 3 yrs ago with the Leather sheath embossed with the USMC logo and I also Love mine they are great knifes to be sure with a bit of History to boot

That's what I'm wanting to get is the one with the USMC logo on the leather sheath. I found one nearby for a decent price and will try to get it soon.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    After a lot of thinking back and forth I bought a Kabar back in 2003 before a deployment. I didn't want the USMC on my knife because I was Army Reserves and thought I'd catch heck from it from the other guys. I justified it because at one time the Army was issued that knife also. It's got a great track record and I'm thinking about buying another one.

The one I bought was made with D2 steel. It's a you-know-what to sharpen that steel, but it's a great tough knife that I beat the crap out of just because I was bored in many cases.

Another sheath option is the "Eagle" nylon sheath I think it's called. Mine came with that sheath and it has an accessory pouch on it. I put my gerber multitool in that pouch and that combination was a very handy setup to have. I like sheaths that have those pouches on them for hunting also.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    KA BAR

Teddy
    Check out the website on my previous post Smokey Mtn Knife Wrks
    They also have an ARMY embossed leather sheath

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've seen the Army labeled Kabars. I especially like how Kabar makes commemorative knives and some day I'm going to buy one of the Operation Iraqi Freedom Kabars and put it in a case with the one I had there. Those knives just have a lot of history to them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you don't want to look like Rambo, :): you could always get the 3/4 size ones, they're awesome too.

My dad bought one of those by accident. He lost all man pride when my wife told him it looked cute. They are good knives though.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I've got several. Great knives.

My sister bought a Volkswagon Beetle when she was in high school 20 years ago. I found an OLD kabar under the seat. Looked WWII vintage. I cleaned it up and gave it to my dad, who used it as a hunting knife and lost it some years ago. When I see what the old ones in good shape are going for now, I feel like crying.

Top Bottom