8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: February 15, 2023​

Indianapolis, IN - Yesterday morning, Indiana State Troopers assigned to the Indianapolis District's All Crimes Policing Squad, were in the area of 43rd Street and Shadeland Avenue looking for a stolen car thought to be in the area. At 10:32 a.m. troopers spotted the stolen black Hyundai Sonata and tried pull the car over. The driver fled, leading troopers on a pursuit on city streets, then onto I-465 southbound. When the driver of the Hyundai tried to exit at Brookeville Road he lost control, went airborne and crashed into a wooded area along the highway. The Indiana State Police Helicopter was conducting a patrol flight in the area and responded to assist. The pilot, along with the a tactical flight officer, saw two people get out of the car and run from the scene. They were able to direct responding officers to the location of the suspects who were safely apprehended a short time later.
    Indiana State Police K9 Apache, along with his handler, responded to the scene to assist. While conducting a search of the vehicle a loaded revolver was found with the hammer cocked laying on the back floorboard. Also in the vehicle was a loaded shotgun under the driver's seat and a backpack containing several types of ammunition. Four more firearms were found in the vehicle and a projectile launcher that can attach to a rifle. The evidence was processed at the scene and has been submitted to the Indiana State Police Crime Lab for further analyzation.
    The driver of the Hyundai was identified as a 17 year old juvenile, the passenger who fled was 14 years old. The 14 year old was recently reported as a run-away. Both suspects were arrested and transported to the Marion County Juvenile Detention Center. They face the preliminary charges listed below
    • 17 year old driver:
      • Auto Theft
      • Possession of Stolen Property
      • Resisting Law Enforcement with a Vehicle
      • Resisting Law Enforcement
      • Minor in Possession of a Firearm
    • 14 year old passenger
      • Resisting Law Enforcement
    This investigation is ongoing and there is no further information to release. All suspects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court. The charges listed are preliminary, actual charges will be determined by the Marion County Prosecutor's Office upon review of the case. All crimes mentioned in this release are alleged.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I thought they were headed to youth choir practice? No? :dunno:

P/u a quart of milk for their Grandmama? No? :dunno:

I got it I got it... Headed to a boy scout meeting to demo proper firearm handling? No? :dunno:

Well... I got nuffin...

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Mothers against guns were on the news last night wanting more gun laws; such as gun locks and no under 21 sales.
    They seem to think a new law prohibiting gun sales to those under 21 would have prevented this and the recent school shooting by a 42 wear old.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Looks like they have a bunch of ammo and magazines for guns not shown. I guess they broke in someplace and just grabbed anything that looked like it was gun-related.
    Yeah, looks like everything that wasn't locked up. Some shotgun shells and other assorted ammo. Some empty AR mags. Some bags of empty cases or reloads. A couple broken guns and stocks. The guy's bedroom shotgun and nightstand revolver...

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What the unholy f***! How does a 17 and 14-year-old end up with that?!

Where is the AR? Yeah, I know stolen goods unsecured arms and ammunition yada yada yada. None of that matters because they shouldn't have been stealing to begin with.

Nothing less than uncivilized feral humans. Until we as a society again recognize that there are predatory humans among us and we treat them as such things will only continue to get worse.

So were they planning on using those weapons in their next robbery? Or more likely to sell them for cash and or drugs.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Mothers against guns were on the news last night wanting more gun laws; such as gun locks and no under 21 sales.
    They seem to think a new law prohibiting gun sales to those under 21 would have prevented this and the recent school shooting by a 42 wear old.
    no, they don't. They know non of these new laws would do anything at all to solve those issues. What it does do is push forward with their desire to ban all firearms.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    "Minor in possession of a firearm"?

I thought I woke up in America!
    We arrested a 14yr old for a home invasion robbery that exchanged gunfire with the residents on the way out. Caught kid with pistol in pants. 14yr old mom came to scene and asked what the big deal was, Indiana changed their law that allows ANYONE to own a gun...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We arrested a 14yr old for a home invasion robbery that exchanged gunfire with the residents on the way out. Caught kid with pistol in pants. 14yr old mom came to scene and asked what the big deal was, Indiana changed their law that allows ANYONE to own a gun...
    I've read the Constitution. Twice. Well, most of it. There's no age limit on the Second Amendment.

Top Bottom