• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Whatever else I'm doing or carrying, I usually have a cup of coffee in one hand. It makes things dicey opening my bedroom door, which always remains closed (cat free zone). I had Mr.Jet put a little shelf up next to the door just for my coffee cup so I didn't have to
    1) set it on the floor to open the door, or
    2) set it on the dining room table and go back for it after opening the door.

I stuck a couple knick-knacks up there so it looks like it wasn't there just for my coffee cup. But...it is.
    It totally is.

image_zps04102f96.jpg

Boom. Just like that.

image_zps2a305550.jpg

So.
    What "fix" have you done to make life a little easier for your lazy self?
    Fess. Up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I consider myself to be lazy.

I do things right the first time because I am too lazy to do things multiple times.
    I am organized because I am too lazy to want to search for something.
    I am a minimalist because I am too lazy to deal with maintenance, storage, etc. of "stuff".
    I figure out the most efficient methods to do things because I am too lazy to expend energy on non-essential movements.

:)

Nice shelf!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am lazy because I have set up my shop organization at the new place to be based on 5 gallon buckets.... that way when I clean things up I just have to throw the item into the correct bucket and put it back on the shelf.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dang JG, you can tear down and reassemble a 1911 blindfolded and then make the MR JG put you up a shelf for your coffee cup? Lazy is a great definition. Fantastic Thread

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Tell ya bout the time I put so much effort into being lazy it dwarfed the effort it would've taken to just do it. I had a slow leak at the bottom of the flush valve on one of the toilets, just fast enough to get the floor wet. I put a plastic container under it. It turned out to be fast enough that the container would fill just a bit faster than it would evaporate, so the floor would get wet anyway unless I emptied it every day or so. That annoyed me, so I made a little bracket for a float switch, and installed that and an aquarium pump in the container, with a little hose feeding it to the toilet bowl. Totally Rube Goldberg'd it, but I didn't have to bother with it anymore. Once I got around to it, it took about 10 minutes to fix the leak. True story, bro!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Tell ya bout the time I put so much effort into being lazy it dwarfed the effort it would've taken to just do it. I had a slow leak at the bottom of the flush valve on one of the toilets, just fast enough to get the floor wet. I put a plastic container under it. It turned out to be fast enough that the container would fill just a bit faster than it would evaporate, so the floor would get wet anyway unless I emptied it every day or so. That annoyed me, so I made a little bracket for a float switch, and installed that and an aquarium pump in the container, with a little hose feeding it to the toilet bowl. Totally Rube Goldberg'd it, but I didn't have to bother with it anymore. Once I got around to it, it took about 10 minutes to fix the leak. True story, bro!
    So far... The Contender^!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    My teenager has you all beat. He can be lazy with no planning or extra effort.

Emptying the dishwasher? Just leave the silverware section full. Nobody can prove it until they completely run out of silverware, and if you want a fork yourself you can always resort to getting it from the dishwasher.

Socks? It would be a lot of work to get those in the laundry and paired up again. Just use your parents' socks. When mom finally runs out of socks, she will come to your bedroom, find them, and wash them.

Pick up a towel? Nah. Throw it on the floor of your bedroom. When your closet is out of towels, you can always find the beachtowels downstairs or even the "old" towels with the clean rags. Further, the towels thrown all over your bedroom floor provide coverage so you never have to vacuum the dog hair. Eventually, you will have to launder towels but at least the work is postponed.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I consider myself to be lazy.

I do things right the first time because I am too lazy to do things multiple times.
    I am organized because I am too lazy to want to search for something.
    I am a minimalist because I am too lazy to deal with maintenance, storage, etc. of "stuff".
    I figure out the most efficient methods to do things because I am too lazy to expend energy on non-essential movements.

:)

Nice shelf!

Failed post.

You spent way too much time typing. Should have posted this.

"I'm simple and efficient" :lmfao:

Top Bottom