John Wick: Chapter 4’ Shows Series Isn’t Dead (Yet)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    john_wick_legenda.gif
    TerribleWholeCygnet-max-1mb.gif

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Loved part 4 myself , but you have to turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is, probably the best 3 hour just epic gunfights movie currently out there. Everything from the choreography, cinematography and music was on point. That being said I do not have an interest in a Part 5, maybe a Spin Off with the Korean chick and the Tracker but that's about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    'John Wick: Chapter 4' Box Office Success Prove Ditching Feminism and Empowering Men Makes Money

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the primary driving force for Wick’s success is men, who have been flocking to the theaters to see the film:

My wife watched the first three with me, but it certainly wasn't her first choice in movie selection. If they had managed to work some Korean love/drama story line into the flick she would have jumped to watch them.
    My wife has no interest in these sorts of movies either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry, I saw it this weekend. John Wick has devolved into a Looney Tunes cartoon. The fight scenes were so long they became boring, and apparently, John can survive literally anything just by laying down dramatically for a few seconds, then slowly trotting off to the next scene.

Haven't seen 4 yet, but that's how I felt about 2 and 3. Honestly I think they took one of the best action movies ever made and ruined the legacy with 3 turds.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The most interesting thing to me about JW4 is that they chose the holster manufacturer that I prefer and created a custom Baba Yaga Ronin holster for the movie and it's now being sold through their site:

I've been using a Ronin holster with my P10C OR for a couple years now and really like it. I'm tempted to order one of these to see what I think.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Where is Leadeye? Probably following the money…
    Any franchise will have at least N+1 movies made, where N= the number that make money, and the +1 being the at least one that did not is my general thought on this.

That said, I'm interested in John Wick 4. I was planning to go be in ATL this weekend and take my son, but plans interrupted with some medical issues. I'll have to figure out if I wait for it to stream, as without him, I'd be seeing it alone.

But then I like over the top, stylized movies. Love Tarantino movies, as well as some of the old school fighting movies, so JW has always been right in my wheelhouse.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Any franchise will have at least N+1 movies made, where N= the number that make money, and the 1 being the at least one that did not is my general thought on this.

That said, I'm interested in John Wick 4. I was planning to go be in ATL this weekend and take my son, but plans interrupted with some medical issues. I'll have to figure out if I wait for it to stream, as without him, I'd be seeing it alone.

But then I like over the top, stylized movies. Love Tarantino movies, as well as some of the old school fighting movies, so JW has always been right in my wheelhouse.
    From a business perspective JW is interesting, grosses per chapter:

JW3. $171 mil

JW2. $92 mil

JW4. $76 mil and counting.

JW. $43 mil

Kind of the opposite of Taken

T1. $145 mil

T2. $139 mil

T3. $89 mil

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Just finished watching 1 and 2. 2 was definitely worse than 1, but good mindless entertainment. JW likes the head shot.

Top Bottom