Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why my OP was “this is everything that’s wrong with the tax system”

surely the system could be changed so that the the extremely wealth pay a proportional amount as you and I to support .gov as the extremely wealthy do without causing a complete blowout of the system.
    As long as we're doing 'pie in the sky', wouldn't it be better to change the government so it doesn't need so much in the way of taxes?

Your way just shifts some of the burden to who you think should pay more than you. Liberty does not lie in that direction

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    No one thinks 30k a day for security and travel is a little suspicious?

I’m pretty sure for 30k a day I’m flying in the trump gold plated 757 with a squad of retired navy seals for my PST :patriot:
    I have not heard anyone say it's not suspicious.

Personally I think that is crazy, but In the real world you have to have proof.

seems like the tax credit is not what you are mad about.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As long as we're doing 'pie in the sky', wouldn't it be better to change the government so it doesn't need so much in the way of taxes?

Your way just shifts some of the burden to who you think should pay more than you. Liberty does not lie in that direction
    Liberty lies in a flat or consumptive tax method with no deductions.

I’m not opposed to throwing the whole tax code in a dumpster

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If it's truly to benefit the educational aspect of the school system, then that's one thing. When it's to fund lavish football stadiums and gymnasiums that rival those of elite colleges and professional sports teams, not so much.
    I believe you can not only vote for your school board but run for office as well. The only way to stop that, or CRT for that matter, is to be directly involved. Otherwise the school board will wind up like an HOA committee, where the only people willing to commit the time are the last people who should have power over anything

There is no fix that involves only letters to the editor

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have not heard anyone say it's not suspicious.

Personally I think that is crazy, but In the real world you have to have proof.

seems like the tax credit is not what you are mad about.
    I’m not mad, I don’t have the energy to pour into anger on this one.

I’m very irritated that a man with a portfolio of mansions and his own space company is paying roughly the same amount of tax that I am. That’s insane and there is no way it doesn’t take some fraud to make that happen.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I’m very irritated that a man with a portfolio of mansions and his own space company is paying roughly the same amount of tax that I am. That’s insane and there is no way it doesn’t take some fraud to make that happen.
    Well this I can agree with.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a suggestion: If 10% is good enough for God it should be good enough for government.
    I have another suggestion, beat government with a frugality stick and figure out a foolproof way to legislatively put an ABSOLUTE cap on that tax rate before you go there, otherwise you'll just end up paying more than you do now at all levels above the free riders

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I’m very irritated that a man with a portfolio of mansions and his own space company is paying roughly the same amount of tax that I am.
    You paid more than $900 million in taxes between 2014 - 2018?

Because that's what Bezos paid.
    Bezos, chief executive of Amazon and the owner of The Washington Post, paid $973 million in taxes on $4.22 billion in income ...
    Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...-pay-relatively-little-in-income-taxes/?amp=1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No one thinks 30k a day for security and travel is a little suspicious?
    you're off by a factor of 7, that would be per week not per day

$1.62 million ÷ 52 = $31158

per day would be $31158 ÷ 7 = $4451

You don't think he and his family would be prime candidates for a kidnapping and need round the clock security?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "For single filers, all income between $0 and $9,700 is subject to a 10% tax rate. If you have $9,900 in taxable income, the first $9,700 is subject to the 10% rate and the remaining $200 is subject to the tax rate of the next bracket (12%).Apr 30, 2021".
    You are mis-stating things again. That would be the first $9700 dollars of AGI. The standard deduction would exempt the first $12400 of your income even if you had no other deductions, so to max out the 10% bracket under those conditions, you would have made $22100

Reactions: Leo

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Just remember that while you're looking at Bezos saying he could afford to pay more, there are people making less than you thinking the same thing about you. It's turtles all the way down

Class warfare is a marxist tactic, enabled by class envy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This brings up a point that I believe is unconstitutional.

If under the constitution we, individuals, are all to be treated equal then how does the government get away with taxing some people at one rate and others at a different rate depending on how wealthy they are?

To me that has always been unconstitutional. If I make $25,000 a year or I make $25,000,000 a year I should be taxed at the same rate as everyone else, right?, right?
    Well. Why stop at equal rate? Say the flat rate is 10%. If I make $1M a year and you make $100K, why do I have to pay $100K in taxes and you only have to pay $10K? The justification for flat rate isn’t all that different from the justification for progressive tax rates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom