• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And I have it on good authority that Da PINKFather will once again pay a special visit
    Because he wants to scare away the regular and decent folk who might attend?

Those were some fun afternoons, I miss them dearly.
    Good times, no pressures, great conversations. It was nice to get 3 to 5 of us just sitting and talking guns, sharing lunches, etc. The Open Carry nights are not quite so intimate, ranging from 10 to 30 INGO members and spread out over a longer time period, but the conversations are still good, and putting faces to names is a fun thing too. Plus its a chance to see new guns.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    We may end up with a special guest showing up at the cigar lounge. Its a politician, which is something that I generally would not allow, but . . .

Oscar Martinez is a Sheriff's officer, he is STRONGLY PRO-GUN, generally he favors the GOP positions on most every political issue but he is, as are most politicians in Lake County, a Democrat. Oscar has a long successful history of drug busts here in Indiana and he got relegated to being a school safety officer after Sheriff Buncich got into office. Payback? You can be the judge of that.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get Oscar to show up at the lounge for our Open Carry Cigar Night to talk about guns and the LEO position here in Northwest Indiana. He will probably end up challenging Sheriff Buncich again, so he may be giving a pitch, but he's a genuine pro-gunner despite the fact that he carries the Democratic label.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We may end up with a special guest showing up at the cigar lounge. Its a politician, which is something that I generally would not allow, but . . .

Oscar Martinez is a Sheriff's officer, he is STRONGLY PRO-GUN, generally he favors the GOP positions on most every political issue but he is, as are most politicians in Lake County, a Democrat. Oscar has a long successful history of drug busts here in Indiana and he got relegated to being a school safety officer after Sheriff Buncich got into office. Payback? You can be the judge of that.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get Oscar to show up at the lounge for our Open Carry Cigar Night to talk about guns and the LEO position here in Northwest Indiana. He will probably end up challenging Sheriff Buncich again, so he may be giving a pitch, but he's a genuine pro-gunner despite the fact that he carries the Democratic label.

Interesting... very... very interesting.
    When will you know for sure if he does show up?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm trying to get this confirmed within the next week or so.

I was approached by one of his associates, apparently he is testing the waters to see what sort of support he may be able to get. The Lake Country Democratic Party is fractured into many sub-groups, each support only specific candidates. They obviously dominate the political landscape in the county. What he is looking for is some help from traditional Republican voters, which is why he is courting both the Cigar crowd and the Pro-Gun crowd.

Let's be honest, there is no way a Libertarian or a Republican will win the Sheriff's office in this county. That leaves the pro-gun community with a choice between an Anti-Gun Democrat (who has proved to be a stooge for Chicago Anti-Gun politicians)or a Pro-Gun Democrat (who leans to the conservative side of the party on most/all issues).

Not sure that our NWI INGO Open Carry Cigar Night is a great venue to bring in politics, and not sure if he will actually end up running for office, but it might make for an interesting evening of conversation. So far all of the feedback I've gotten from INGO members has been positive, so I am going to try to make this happen . . . even if dat means duh Da Pinkf***er shows up!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let's be honest, there is no way a Libertarian or a Republican will win the Sheriff's office in this county. That leaves the pro-gun community with a choice between an Anti-Gun Democrat (who has proved to be a stooge for Chicago Anti-Gun politicians)or a Pro-Gun Democrat (who leans to the conservative side of the party on most/all issues).

DUH!!!! This is a D mecca and only a D will ever hold office in NWI for a long, long, long, long time.

even if dat means duh Da Pinkf***er shows up!

You might be sorry about that. :D
    I'm interested on this on 2 fronts. You never know you might get more than just Da PinkFather but his clan there as well.
    His clan was a heavy, heavy supporter of Roy D. (money, volunteers, campaign helpers, cold callers, signs, etc..) when he was sheriff and even helped with the campaigns both the successful and unsuccessful ones.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm interested on this on 2 fronts. You never know you might get more than just Da PinkFather but his clan there as well.
    His clan was a heavy, heavy supporter of Roy D. (money, volunteers, campaign helpers, cold callers, signs, etc..) when he was sheriff and even helped with the campaigns both the successful and unsuccessful ones.
    Well I'd suggest you/they show up and grill this guy.

If he truly is what he claims (a conservative Democrat, a fiscal conservative, and pro-gun) then your clan (from which area of Scotland do you hail; what is your Tartan?) can confirm that during the event and if he is not, then they can show him to be a fraud looking for GOP voters to cast cross party votes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    :facepalm:

"my clan" are not Rs silly redneck. They are die-hard Ds. I am the 'bad' apple of the family that votes all colors of the rainbow.

In terms of which clan we hail from. We are from the original motherland not some tiny isle like you. :p

Kingdom of Castile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A TARTAN, huh...

Well I presumed they were Ds, as are most people in the county . . . but they can still show this guy to be a fraud or a friend.

Like I said, he is looking for gun owners because he is looking for Rs who are willing to switch for him.

As for the tiny island, I am actually a 1st generation American with Eastern European roots. My wife, on the other hand, has a family castle in southeast Scotland, with a town named after her. I do spend a good deal of time in England, Scotland and Wales and have family (who moved there) and friends there, but I'm not from there!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    REMINDER OF WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT

Thursday July 25th ~ 6pm to 9pm

Oh, and we are having an Open Carry night at the 1101 Cigar Lounge, complete with guitar player and snacks :yesway:

As always, cigar smoking is OPTIONAL. Open Carry is also OPTIONAL.

We will be featuring ESTEBAN CARARRAS cigars. (Personally I think the "Cupa Cabra" is THE cigar to try if you want to smoke, the "5150" is pretty intense and a great cigar too)

Guitar Player from 6pm to 9pm

Picture6-1.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I think 5150 is commonly used as the police call designation for MURDER? Or is it 211? Esteban Cererras makes cigars named after both 211 and 5150. Both are apparently police call signs. Whichever one is the designation for MURDER is apparently a really really strong cigar. NEWBIES BEWARE.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Cigars and guns? Whoever heard of such a thing?

Sounds like cancer and irresponsible terrorism to me. Have fun in Hell!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OK well we also carry the 187. Apparently that is the STRONG cigar.

I've not smoked any of the three "number" series cigars but we've been selling them for 2 years. I've tried most of their other cgiars.

Woodrow in the house for a cigar night??? Its been a LOOOONNNG time! By the way, because of caring for Melen and working with her recovery, I've switched to being in the shop in the afternoons. Usually pretty reliably from 1 to 4pm.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Would be nice, but I'll be in TN, I'll smoke one the same night and be with you in spirit.

Martinez is a nice enough guy...ran the last time against Buncich and is now on school detail. Remember, Sheriff only gets 2 consecutive terms. I think Buncich is on his first set of 4 years. Nobody can beat him if he is in the running. He's got Gary all locked up and that's all he needs. Even if every other town came out in droves to vote, Gary will have a larger turnout and they will all vote for Buncich. If I had to put a paycheck on the next race (after Buncich's 2 terms are up -again-) I would put it on Frank DuPey. Dad was chief of Hammond and mom was on the county board for years.

The Sheriff's office isn't doing much against gun rights right now, so there really is not much to run on if Martinez is a pro gun guy. I've heard Buncich say plenty of anti gun rhetoric on WJOB, and he even attended the big anti gun rally/meeting in Gary a few months back when Rahm and Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart called a gathering at the Genesis Center. Through all of the rhetoric, no actions have been taken by the Sheriff's office as far as anti gun stance...that I've heard of.

Didn't mean to derail the thread, however, feel free to take what I wrote and toss 'em at Martinez and get his thoughts.

Top Bottom