• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That's not entirely correct.

You can set your price on doordash, but they still take their fee (21-25%). Smart restaurants (and many chains), put a 25% increase to their pricing on doordash, so the net at the restaurant level is roughly the same as a direct guest.
    Who is the “you” in “you get to set your price”?
    And then, either the restaurant takes a 25% hit or I pay 25% more or we meet in the middle?
    As you can see I’m more likely to buy a starbucks than order doordash, and I detest coffee, so I’m ignorant of how it works.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Dominos is handing out other's coupons? That's pretty cool.
    This may be past tense, I’m not sure. Looking into it a bit more, Dominos feels threatened by the delivery services more than some other restaurants.
    The gift card giveaways were by market, and possibly substituted with just more free stuff from them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know the strategy.

Why is it pretty cool?

Smart marketing. Unexpected, therefore memorable. Creates the appearance of generosity/community involvement. Unexpected 'gifts' nudge you toward reciprocating with more orders. If the coupons are for local businesses, gives them exposure.

Dominos has a strong media relations/marketing team. I am not a customer and I know they are offering $3 off for carryout. Why? Because a $3 discount is lame and boring, so they phrased it as a $3 tip for you to do it yourself. Media then picked it up and gave them free advertising in my news feed due to the uniqueness of it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Smart marketing. Unexpected, therefore memorable. Creates the appearance of generosity/community involvement. Unexpected 'gifts' nudge you toward reciprocating with more orders. If the coupons are for local businesses, gives them exposure.

Dominos has a strong media relations/marketing team. I am not a customer and I know they are offering $3 off for carryout. Why? Because a $3 discount is lame and boring, so they phrased it as a $3 tip for you to do it yourself. Media then picked it up and gave them free advertising in my news feed due to the uniqueness of it.
    Also, I wonder how many of the people inclined to order food in (or even not) see the $3 ‘tip’ and think, I’m not getting out for that, but then tip about $3?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dominos has a strong media relations/marketing team. I am not a customer and I know they are offering $3 off for carryout. Why?
    Can't speak to all Dominos locations, but the one that delivers to me can't get delivery drivers, so even though I order for delivery, I've been called more than once to tell me that if I want it, I'll have to come pick it up. Wonder how much that is driving this?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You should feel bad that no one taught you not to use ethnic/racial slurs on a public forum that represents gun owners.
    Eh, they are words I grew up hearing and using. Never with the intent to slur any group of people. Heck it wasn't until not that many years ago that I even knew the origin of them. Do I get a pass for slurs that stem from my racial/ethnic heritage?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Eh, they are words I grew up hearing and using. Never with the intent to slur any group of people. Heck it wasn't until not that many years ago that I even knew the origin of them. Do I get a pass for slurs that stem from my racial/ethnic heritage?
    Are you seriously asking if you get a pass for being wrong, even though you now know what is right, just because you've always been wrong? And wow, I'd like to know which race/ethnicity includes the use of slurs as part of their "heritage."

Holy ****. :):

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Who is the “you” in “you get to set your price”?
    And then, either the restaurant takes a 25% hit or I pay 25% more or we meet in the middle?
    As you can see I’m more likely to buy a starbucks than order doordash, and I detest coffee, so I’m ignorant of how it works.

Sorry, the "you" is the restaurant.

As the customer ordering food, you pay the price listed on doordash. Doordash's fee that they charge most restaurants is 21%. The restaurant should put their pricing on Doordash 25% higher than in store, covering that fee. Most people ordering food for delivery do not balk at the slightly higher pricing.

If the restaurants don't do this, they likely make next to nothing off a doordash order...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Are you seriously asking if you get a pass for being wrong, even though you now know what is right, just because you've always been wrong? And wow, I'd like to know which race/ethnicity includes the use of slurs as part of their "heritage."

Holy ****. :):
    Nope, that's not what I was asking. I was simply stating why I use them. I don't use them as slurs, I use them as words describing actions. Same as I always have.

And didn't say that using slurs was part of anyone's heritage. I was asking if using slurs that relate to my race/ethnicity/ancestors country of origin/etc is acceptable. Cracker, honky, ice monkey, etc.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You don't see how using Jew as a verb in that context is a slur? It is the definition of one.
    No I honestly don’t.
    I looked up the definition, and this didn’t even make the list, here;

In fact, it went on to say that “the connotation of a term and prevalence of its use as a pejorative or neutral descriptor varies over time and by geography.”
    Just a neutral descriptor to me.

Top Bottom