Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    McDonald’s is paying $15-$16 an hour. They have handed out money for the past 18 months like Monopoly money. The debt ceiling issue is undecided. China is facing some issues. Is anyone surprised that inflation is becoming a problem?

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest

AND SOME VOTED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    And these people(government/fed) are supposed to be smart! I would have to say everything they are doing is intentional!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    His and his party's policies certainly do. When you create an environment that heavily regulates businesses and stifles growth, it can absolutely have a negative influence.

Possibly...but when has that happened?

10 million job openings and a bunch of people too lazy to work. Supply chain disruption is a large driver of higher consumer prices. Infrastructure spending is being held hostage by the communist wing of the democrat party. Housing prices are skyrocketing but expecting to fall back.

And....stocks have been overbought for a year, possibly two.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    His and his party's policies certainly do. When you create an environment that heavily regulates businesses and stifles growth, it can absolutely have a negative influence.
    What is said above, and open borders , immigrants that are being fed and housed on our tax dollars, shutting down pipelines then begging opec for more oil? list can go on and on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Possibly...but when has that happened?

10 million job openings and a bunch of people too lazy to work. Supply chain disruption is a large driver of higher consumer prices. Infrastructure spending is being held hostage by the communist wing of the democrat party. Housing prices are skyrocketing but expecting to fall back.

And....stocks have been overbought for a year, possibly two.
    Yep, when you shut down the country (supply chain disruptions), pay people extra to stay home (10 million unfilled jobs), encourage inflationary practices (printing money non-stop), and propose huge unfunded 3.5 trillion dollar "infrastructure (yeah right) programs", disrupt oil supply (pipeline shutdown), etc., it makes businesses nervous.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yep, when you shut down the country (supply chain disruptions), pay people extra to stay home (10 million unfilled jobs), encourage inflationary practices (printing money non-stop), and propose huge unfunded 3.5 trillion dollar "infrastructure (yeah right) programs", disrupt oil supply (pipeline shutdown), etc., it makes businesses nervous.
    It didn't start on Jan 20, 2021 amigo.

I assume you are referring to the Colonial ransomware attack? Sleepy Joe didn't do that. MANAGEMENT did that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. We appear to be in 20/20 hindsight mode on the pandemic. I remember someone on this site wanting to start putting ventilators together in his barn because we all expected a shortage. That was at the beginning. We are all a lot wiser now...more or less.

Believe me, I don't want to see the social spending legislation passed. At least not the majority of it. And people who refer to themselves as "they" and #BLM and antifa and hulabros can kiss my wrinkled old ass.

6lXG.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah. We appear to be in 20/20 hindsight mode on the pandemic. I remember someone on this site wanting to start putting ventilators together in his barn because we all expected a shortage. That was at the beginning. We are all a lot wiser now...more or less.

Believe me, I don't want to see the social spending legislation passed. At least the majority of it. And people who refer to themselves as "they" and #BLM and antifa and hulabros can kiss my wrinkled old ass.

6lXG.gif
    Regarding the "infrastructure bill", anything that doesn't mention "roads", "bridges" or "power grid" should be struck from the bill, period. These omnibus bills have always been a problem, no matter who promotes them. I think there are a lot of congress critters with ADHD that can't seem to stay on topic.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The internet is plenty big. Maybe cutting it back might be an improvement. :): Do you really need your toaster and fridge connected to the 'net?
    I think the direction was to improve internet infrastructure in rural communities. Personally, I prefer landlines to Elon polluting space.

But, yeah, if the Book of Faces never returns, I wouldn't miss it. Except for those guys in Bengladesh who rebuild electric motors and cricket bats. :)

Top Bottom