• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome to Indiana. I moved here 20 years ago and have never regretted the move. You may find that the folks that b___h about Indiana the most are the ones that were born here and never lived elsewhere. Sometimes I think it takes living out of Indiana to appreciate how nice Indiana is.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Welcome to Indiana.

You're just in time for basketball sectionals. Dont even think about self-identifying as a Hoosier until you've attended one. It's also part of the LTCH application questionnaire as well.

Don't forget marching band....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Welcome to Indiana nodonutz. It is a great place to live.

I was born in Muncie, IN and moved away out of high to Alabama, California, Southern Indiana, Alabama and finally resting in Elkhart, Indiana for the last 13 years.

The post about having to get away before you can fully appreciate Indiana is so true.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Welcome to Indiana nodonutz. It is a great place to live.

I was born in Muncie, IN and moved away out of high to Alabama, California, Southern Indiana, Alabama and finally resting in Elkhart, Indiana for the last 13 years.

The post about having to get away before you can fully appreciate Indiana is so true.

THANKS everyone for the warm welcome. Haven't spent much time on the computer, been BUSILY getting moved in - also in the midst of replacing the dishwasher (rotted out :( ) I have found, in my less than 1 week here, folks are very friendly and chatty... met my new neighbor who wanted to talk and talk (I think the neighbourhood nosey), which I didn't mind too much, except I was in my slippers standing in a slush puddle trying to clear the driveway for the appliance guys who were coming. Doing our part to keep the local economy going.

Stopped by BMV -- holy crap, a LOT of paperwork to wade through and I have to take a driving test? SERIOUSLY? I've seen the way some of y'all drive and, uh, I think I got this down much better. Haven't taken a written test in decades. In ND you walk in, give 'em your old license, new info, $ and they take your picture. In 2 minutes it's printed and they hand it to you! New plates - you pay and they hand it to you across the counter -- very old school. Will have to get used to 'civilization'. Haha

I am originally from California - Grew up in the SF Bay Area, east side - GO RRRRRRRAIDERS!!!!! Moved to Sacramento area and then 5.5 years ago moved to a friends farm in North Dakota. 240 acres of solitude, EXTREME solitude.... enjoyed many aspects, but the Missus was 'done'. Hence we began our search and settled on Indiana. Close to her family in Canada and no way I wanted to be in MI or OH. We didn't know anyone when we moved to ND, but had a 'built in' support system since Kent grew up there, knew all the neighbors (few and 1-5 miles away) and still has family in the area. Don't know anyone here, but I have my 'INGO' folks and feel we found the right place to settle down and make our own. (Hope I'm not repeating myself - didn't go back and look. Too tired and busy to.)

THANK YOU all for your kind words of support and I look forward to meeting y'all in person. As DR can attest, I'm pretty easy going most of the time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    THANKS everyone for the warm welcome. Haven't spent much time on the computer, been BUSILY getting moved in - also in the midst of replacing the dishwasher (rotted out :( ) I have found, in my less than 1 week here, folks are very friendly and chatty... met my new neighbor who wanted to talk and talk (I think the neighbourhood nosey), which I didn't mind too much, except I was in my slippers standing in a slush puddle trying to clear the driveway for the appliance guys who were coming. Doing our part to keep the local economy going.

Stopped by BMV -- holy crap, a LOT of paperwork to wade through and I have to take a driving test? SERIOUSLY? I've seen the way some of y'all drive and, uh, I think I got this down much better. Haven't taken a written test in decades. In ND you walk in, give 'em your old license, new info, $ and they take your picture. In 2 minutes it's printed and they hand it to you! New plates - you pay and they hand it to you across the counter -- very old school. Will have to get used to 'civilization'. Haha

I am originally from California - Grew up in the SF Bay Area, east side - GO RRRRRRRAIDERS!!!!! Moved to Sacramento area and then 5.5 years ago moved to a friends farm in North Dakota. 240 acres of solitude, EXTREME solitude.... enjoyed many aspects, but the Missus was 'done'. Hence we began our search and settled on Indiana. Close to her family in Canada and no way I wanted to be in MI or OH. We didn't know anyone when we moved to ND, but had a 'built in' support system since Kent grew up there, knew all the neighbors (few and 1-5 miles away) and still has family in the area. Don't know anyone here, but I have my 'INGO' folks and feel we found the right place to settle down and make our own. (Hope I'm not repeating myself - didn't go back and look. Too tired and busy to.)

THANK YOU all for your kind words of support and I look forward to meeting y'all in person. As DR can attest, I'm pretty easy going most of the time.

The BMV is always annoying. No matter what I go there for, they always need something more that I don't have with me. Once you have an Indiana license, you can renew it as you did before. Take an eye test and get a new picture and you are done. I did my last one online so the picture didn't change and I didn't have to do the eye test. I believe you can do it online every other time.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    The BMV is always annoying. No matter what I go there for, they always need something more that I don't have with me. Once you have an Indiana license, you can renew it as you did before. Take an eye test and get a new picture and you are done. I did my last one online so the picture didn't change and I didn't have to do the eye test. I believe you can do it online every other time.

I agree with ^^^^ The BMV makes me crazy!! This last time, to sign that my daughter lived at our address for her permit, they wanted me to bring 2 current bills with my name on it, my birth certificate, and my marriage license. They wouldn't let me use the license "THEY" issued me and is still valid. Now they said when I renew and get the little star on my license by bringing those things in, I will not have to bring that in each time. Very irritating as I have already taken all that into them in the past. I think I could have gotten one easier if I was an "illegal". It annoys me just thinking about it!!!

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Welcome

Welcome to the Hoosier state.
    Well I guess we Southerns are part of the Hoosier state.
    Gluemanz28 listed all the states he had lived in and named Southern Indiana as one of them. Whats up with that.:rolleyes:
    Oh well we know that anyone South of Interstate 70 is considered to be mostly hillbillies and anyone living South of Hwy. 50 is almost a Kentuckian.
    Have a good one ;
    Hickory

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

The BMV in Plainfield was a pleasant surprise. My wife and I were in and out in a matter of minutes. Just be sure to have two forms of ID/proof of address, if you're getting a new license, and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom