• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I am OK with CA killing ITS economy. Let them drive business out of the state. Those jobs are more than welcome here and in other states I'm sure. As far as I am concerned that state can't fall into the ocean soon enough.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I am OK with CA killing ITS economy. Let them drive business out of the state. Those jobs are more than welcome here and in other states I'm sure. As far as I am concerned that state can fall into the ocean soon enough.

^^ This ^^

Californians, and through them their government, has every right to be stupid.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The problem is we are currently "bailing out" California by replenishing all of the funds that should be making them go broke.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The problem is the California Air Resources Board was around BEFORE the EPA and was sort of a test run for the EPA. As such, they have actually more authority than the EPA and the EPA ALWAYS follows Calis lead......Ever notice the recent addition of those silly skirts at the bottom of 18 wheeler trailers? That is the result of the CARB, every truck entering cali must have them, they cost thousands of dollars and break/need replacement regularly, they really do NOTHING to improve fuel milage and serve only to keep me from taking a load to cali. Sure, I'll go all the way to the state line, but much like mexico and canaduh, will NEVER again enter.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Let them enact this crap. Let it ruin the economy. After the checks stop and the animals kill one another and flee the state we can all buy ocean front mansions for pennies on the dollar and turn California into a nice red state.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The problem is we are currently "bailing out" California by replenishing all of the funds that should be making them go broke.

This^^^

And the fact that they're a huge part of our economy that will be a drag on all of us. Kind of a catch 22, that stinks to high heaven.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Huge is an understatement....they are the 11th largest economy in the world.

Eighth actually. I remember having this exact discussion in another thread. Folks there were calling for the earthquake or for Cali to fall into the sea as well. The fact that >10% of the entire US GDP would be going with it seemed irrelevant.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Eighth actually. I remember having this exact discussion in another thread. Folks there were calling for the earthquake or for Cali to fall into the sea as well. The fact that >10% of the entire US GDP would be going with it seemed irrelevant.
    It is irrelevant to me. Let them fall in and drift off. 10% of the GDP is nothing compared to the future woes they offer (not to mention the past and present). Honestly, what do you think would happen if we lost cali? Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon would BOOM taking their place.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don't forget that the cap and trade exchange that was set up in Chicago is also poised to make big big money buying and selling what amount of unicorns and pixies.

Lot's of people are finanically vested in this thing and seeing it go nationwide.

Starting in Cali isn't a bad idea.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Don't forget that the cap and trade exchange that was set up in Chicago is also poised to make big big money buying and selling what amount of unicorns and pixies.

Lot's of people are finanically vested in this thing and seeing it go nationwide.

Starting in Cali isn't a bad idea.
    Clintons, Obamas, Gores, Pelosis, etc.. are the primary holders.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like a good plan to me, one firmly in line with the founding principles of this country. 50 test tubes for the people to experiment with. California's going to show us if this thing works. If it doesn't, the rest of us can stand back and say, "Toldja so!". I'm interested to see if it works and does or doesn't destroy one of the worlds largest economies. Now we'll get the chance to see who's right and who's wrong.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Sounds like a good plan to me, one firmly in line with the founding principles of this country. 50 test tubes for the people to experiment with. California's going to show us if this thing works. If it doesn't, the rest of us can stand back and say, "Toldja so!". I'm interested to see if it works and does or doesn't destroy one of the worlds largest economies. Now we'll get the chance to see who's right and who's wrong.
    Okay, when it fails I'll send you my inflated tax bill. Stupid should hurt, but it should not hurt those that don't possess it. Seriously, with calis track record they shouldn't even be allowed to vote in state elections any longer much less national AND they certainly shouldn't be allowed to do stupid things that effect the rest of the nations economy. There is no need to experiment, we know what works and what doesn't work. Seriously, do you think businesses and manufacturers will line up waiting for a chance to participate? What do you think already has them running? Honestly, I have never had a problem with you and have taken most of what you say with a grain of salt, but in this case you need to STFU.

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Except that they're too big to fail... Federalism kind of breaks down when you take that tact.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Except that they're too big to fail... Federalism kind of breaks down when you take that tact.
    Everyone's too big to fail in someones eyes. Doesn't make it so, tho. Let them experiment with this and see if it works, (my guess is that it'll drive business away). When, or if, they fail it'll lead as an example for the rest of the country and put the issue to rest.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    We're also dealing with an uncontrolled experiment here. It may well be impossible to tell which of the many Cali stupidities actually caused the eventual collapse. How can the rest of us learn anything useful from the problems of the Gomorrah of the West when they keep mucking up the experiment?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Everyone's too big to fail in someones eyes. Doesn't make it so, tho. Let them experiment with this and see if it works, (my guess is that it'll drive business away). When, or if, they fail it'll lead as an example for the rest of the country and put the issue to rest.
    "Too big to fail" doesn't mean they can't fail, it means we can't LET them. We will continue to dump money into that hole until it fills up, no matter how deep it gets. The key here is to STOP DIGGING first.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

That's my point. No one, especially the Federal government is going to let them fail.

Top Bottom