• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Right before bed last night I got some bad stomach cramps. Took some Pepto Bismal and sleepytime.

Wake up a few hours later and the cramps persist. Now some Tums but it still persists.

Decide I might have an issue so off to the VA ER I go.

Poked and prodded. Peed in the cup. Blood drawn. Finally a CT scan.

This is how I find out I have acute pancreatitis.

Now meds for pain and stomach upset. Up to three days inpatient with no food or liquuds to give my pancreas time to rest.

Just found out I need an ultrasound because I might(?) have gall stones, which the doctor wants to remove my gall bladder.

Fortunately I caught it early and didn't waste time.

For now just bored out of my mind.

Great way to start the week...

Regards,

Doug

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm sure your docs know what they're doing.

But make sure it's not appendicitis. One of my employees had symptoms very similar to yours. Cramps got worse, and about a week later it was discovered her appendix ruptured. She should have died, but thankfully made it out of the emergency operation. Her doctors told her it was just gall stones, and it would eventually go away.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Right before bed last night I got some bad stomach cramps. Took some Pepto Bismal and sleepytime.

Wake up a few hours later and the cramps persist. Now some Tums but it still persists.

Now meds for pain and stomach upset. Up to three days inpatient with no food or liquuds to give my pancreas time to rest.

Just found out I need an ultrasound because I might(?) have gall stones, which the doctor wants to remove my gall bladder.

Regards,

Doug
    My brother from another mother has pancreatitis, his was caused by his alcohol consumption.

Spencer2A

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2021
    Muncie,IN

Regards,

Doug
    One of my parents has been dealing with pancreatitis for decades it’s a painful disease. Always in the hospital on no food or water during attacks. Would highly not recommend any surgeries to fix the issue as every time they touched the pancreas it was near deadly attack to organ failure. Good luck to you and prayers

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I hope your on the mend. I recently had the flu that turned into pneumonia and that put me In ICU on a ventilatior. Point being good job seeking help before it got out of hand like I did. Its 4 weeks after discharge and I'm still recovering.
    I was one of the old coots that dont go to doctors

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm sure your docs know what they're doing.

But make sure it's not appendicitis. One of my employees had symptoms very similar to yours. Cramps got worse, and about a week later it was discovered her appendix ruptured. She should have died, but thankfully made it out of the emergency operation. Her doctors told her it was just gall stones, and it would eventually go away.
    Same thing with my youngest, but the ER Doc barely examined him. Doped him up so he couldn't walk and sent him home.

Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery

Top Bottom