Is Throwing Loose Change at Cars a 'Thing'?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So I am walking out to my car yesterday after work an notice a large hole in my passenger side headlight. Upon closer inspection, there a f**kin nickel sitting there inside the headlight. As I take a step back and look around, there's a nickel sized ring in the paint of the hood near the headlight...

p0DQPtbl.jpg

5EfwNQtl.jpg

Is this something crazy kids are doing for fun?

Did I **** someone off?

I've been racking my brain trying to think of when it happened. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when it happened. Had to be like hitting a decent sized rock. And it had to happen at a pretty decent speed for it to penetrate a polycarb headlight lens.

To make this **** me off even more, I just picked up my car from the body shop last week after months of waiting for a cut rate insurance company, parts to come in, and repairs. Whole front end was repainted and the other headlight was replaced. And that headlight was $1600 and took almost a month to get.

WTF is wrong with people?

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So I am walking out to my car yesterday after work an notice a large hole in my passenger side headlight. Upon closer inspection, there a f**kin nickel sitting there inside the headlight. As I take a step back and look around, there's a nickel sized ring in the paint of the hood near the headlight...

p0DQPtbl.jpg

5EfwNQtl.jpg

Is this something crazy kids are doing for fun?

Did I **** someone off?

I've been racking my brain trying to think of when it happened. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when it happened. Had to be like hitting a decent sized rock. And it had to happen at a pretty decent speed for it to penetrate a polycarb headlight lens.

To make this **** me off even more, I just picked up my car from the body shop last week after months of waiting for a cut rate insurance company, parts to come in, and repairs. Whole front end was repainted and the other headlight was replaced. And that headlight was $1600 and took almost a month to get.

WTF is wrong with people?
    Mental illness coupled with no accountability/punishment for the perps.. The pics annoy the HELL out of me and it's not my vehicle.. Disgusting little POS that did this should be forced to take a job digging ditches to pay for the repair and I assure it would cure the problem.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I would agree you would have heard that going down the road so a slingshot makes sense.
    Been parked some where sketchy?

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    there was a Fad years back to throw Steel Ball Bearings at people following too close

Not to be confused with the practice of Truckers emptying their "pee cups" at hitchhikers

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Had a headlight unit repaired under warranty by Subaru on my 2021 Outback. No damage, just stopped working. They told me it would have been $800 if not under warranty. I remember when you could buy a single round sealed headlight for $10. Now you replace the whole unit. Progress, I guess?

Sorry about your bad luck OP.

Top Bottom