Is There Something Out There Or Is Intelligent Life On Earth It? A Poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there intelligent life beyond our planet?

• The intelligent life on Earth is all there is.

Votes: 5 4.8%
    • There is intelligent life out there, be it a God, Or Other Life Forms.

Votes: 100 95.2%

• Total voters

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It is an interesting question. My point about discussing God was to head off the all to frequent discussions here that the resident atheists turn into a knock down drag out over the existence of God.

What if more intelligent aliens came to earth and combined their DNA with the primitive species here and that accounts for the big brain explosion in the evolutionary track, making humans in their own image thereby becoming Gods?

Lots of possibilities that could still align with biblical teachings.
    Educate me.
    What part of what bible describes,implies,states that alien life forms combined their dna with "proto humans" to expand our brains?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think people are misinterpreting the 2 options. From how I understand...

You may believe in God but not aliens. You would choose the option that says yes there is intelligent life in some form.

You may not believe in God but believe in aliens. You would also choose the option that says yes there is intelligent life in some form.

You may believe in neither and choose no.

Why does any mention of God bring out the pitchforks? I don’t believe in ghosts, but I don’t start a debate with everyone who claims they do?

For the record, yes, I believe in both God and aliens. It’s silly to believe all of this potentially endless universes were created and the only form of life was placed on a single, tiny speck of a planet.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    On a serious note...

When they do show up/make themselves know, will that be the end of our problems or the beginning?
    This is actually really interesting to think about.

They could either come and spread their knowledge and advancements among our world... or they come and enslave us, or worse, like some movies, feast on us.

I believe if they had any ill will towards us they would have already done so... unless they’re letting us reproduce for a bigger feast ;)

I think they occasionally observe our planet to see how well we are advancing. If they have they ability to travel the universe I’m sure they have the ability to view our planet from a extremely far distance.

Would they intervene in a nuclear war destined to destroy the planet, or let us continue our own demise? Would they step in and prevent a single country from controlling our entire planet, thus halting/severely slowing any advancements of our planet? I doubt it, but it’s more fun to discuss than these knuckleheads debating religion :):

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    This is actually really interesting to think about.

They could either come and spread their knowledge and advancements among our world... or they come and enslave us, or worse, like some movies, feast on us.

I believe if they had any ill will towards us they would have already done so... unless they’re letting us reproduce for a bigger feast ;)

I think they occasionally observe our planet to see how well we are advancing. If they have they ability to travel the universe I’m sure they have the ability to view our planet from a extremely far distance.

Would they intervene in a nuclear war destined to destroy the planet, or let us continue our own demise? Would they step in and prevent a single country from controlling our entire planet, thus halting/severely slowing any advancements of our planet? I doubt it, but it’s more fun to discuss than these knuckleheads debating religion :):
    I'd love to see klaatu show up and save us from ourselves.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'd love to see klaatu show up and save us from ourselves.
    :laugh:

I had to Google that, I’ve never seen that movie. Google came up with a band named Klaatu. At first I thought, why the hell would he want a band to show up and save us? Then I saw “the band named themselves after an alien who visits earth in the film the day the earth stood still”. Now it makes sense. Sorta ;)

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

I had to Google that, I’ve never seen that movie. Google came up with a band named Klaatu. At first I thought, why the hell would he want a band to show up and save us? Then I saw “the band named themselves after an alien who visits earth in the film the day the earth stood still”. Now it makes sense. Sorta ;)
    Please please please watch the original "the day the earth stood still"
    It's from the 50s, it's amazing.
    Please please please do not watch the remake with Keanu Reeves. It's so so so bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Please please please watch the original "the day the earth stood still"
    It's from the 50s, it's amazing.
    Please please please do not watch the remake with Keanu Reeves. It's so so so bad.
    One of my absolute favorite early Sci-Fi pics. Scared the crap out of me when we went to see it when I was a kid.

Monsters from the Id.........:nailbite:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Another of my favorites.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Educate me.
    What part of what bible describes,implies,states that alien life forms combined their dna with "proto humans" to expand our brains?
    Sorry OP that this has gone off the rails, as expected, unfortunately. I had reverted to lurking due to the current situation. Apparently I can resist no longer.

Read Genesis 6 fullmetaljesus. I bet that you won't. So to share the Word I will do this:

6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Something was recorded as taking place. Angels? Demons? Aliens?

Obligated to the OP, yes things/beings exist outside our understanding. To do so otherwise is the epitome of hubris.

ETA, You're welcome

Top Bottom