• Is The Left/Right Divide Bridgeable?

• Total voters

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And do you think that after 50 years of the public voting in democrats in detroit, as it continues to go down hill every single election, that the people should bare no responsibility for that?
    Sure they do. The reality is that it'll never happen.

I gave up on "right" and "fair" a long time ago. I expect wrongess, unfairness and unjust treatment now from everyone and things typically work out about where I'd expect.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I pray, I throw my worries to god and try to spread his message when possible, and keep my eyes wide open.
    Mostly that's all we can do. Be informed, diligent, and have grace even when dealing with our enemies.
    And network informally with like minded people

This is a good read

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sure they do. The reality is that it'll never happen.

I gave up on "right" and "fair" a long time ago. I expect wrongess, unfairness and unjust treatment now from everyone and things typically work out about where I'd expect.

I don't agree with the premise of it never happening. Chickens always come home to roost, whether it's a matter of days or a matter of generations. Eventually consequences catch up.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yep, The people must constrain the government with the document our founders gave us…

Individuals must constrain state by exercising fully those certain unalienable rights endowed upon them by their Creator.

The federal government has forgotten it was created by the States, not the other way around.

Further, even the States often seem to have forgotten they govern only by the consent of the citizens of those States.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I personally don't believe anything constrains the government. The government won't even protect our borders much less put corrupt politicians in jail.

Isaac Davis and several others raised in a similar vein would disagree.

.gov can go straight to Hell at any time.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

They gaze out from their Ivy League casements and Hollywood balconies on a Hobbesian hinterland of racists, bigots and fools, fed a diet of “misinformation” by right-wing media. From those secure perches they don’t see people who feel betrayed at home and abroad by successive leaders, American communities battling devastating health and financial crises, workers whose incomes have struggled to keep pace with costs, parents who fear their children’s lives will be worse—all told by a modern aristocracy that their American values are wicked, that people from other countries who have no legal right even to be here are entitled to the same privileges, even when they commit violent crimes.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Yep, The people must constrain the government with the document our founders gave us…
    Not being a smart ass here but what part of the constitution do we apply? If the deep state can do what they've done and continue to do to a once sitting president what can we do really?

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Be ungovernable, undercut them at every opportunity

IF; Biden’s belligerent, snarling, SOTU speech tonight, and the continual wild cheering from the Dems (while Spkr Johnson sat there nodding, seemingly in agreement) is any indication THEN; No possible ‘bridging’ will be possible.

Nor should it.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    IF; Biden’s belligerent, snarling, SOTU speech tonight, and the continual wild cheering from the Dems (while Spkr Johnson sat there nodding, seemingly in agreement) is any indication THEN; No possible ‘bridging’ will be possible.

Nor should it.
    Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I feel like the majority of the end of his speech, speaker Johnson was in disagreement by the way he was shaking his head and the general expressions. Was he nodding that much in the beginning?

Top Bottom