• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

I hope the link works, off the home Kitco page.

May be, your own refresh rate, or the refresh speed of each web site. Markets (paper contracts) move at micro second speeds. Each site updates at intervals measured in minutes sometimes as much as 15 min. To as fast as 2 min. The whole world of paper can change in 15 min. There is for sale software that you can purchase if you want to become a day trader. But your still at the mercy of your own processor speed. (Intel pentium ?).
    But APMEX is way higher than any other. I have been tracking prices for a couple weeks now. APMEX is consistently higher by 20-30 cents

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    But APMEX is way higher than any other. I have been tracking prices for a couple weeks now. APMEX is consistently higher by 20-30 cents
    The market is what the market is. It’s trading at the rate it’s at, at that moment in time. I can’t explain the difference in one from the other. But I can say there is only one price at any single moment in time. There’s only one trading market. Hence only one price at that moment.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Whenever I've made a purchase I always go with the final $$ shipped to my door price. APMEX has always been the cheapest to my door. I'll do some checking around before my next order.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Whenever I've made a purchase I always go with the final $$ shipped to my door price. APMEX has always been the cheapest to my door. I'll do some checking around before my next order.
    Yep, insured to my hands. If (and I haven’t in quite a while) I do order, I used Silvertown or the U.S. mint. (AGE), There shipping, to my local USPS. They bring it the final leg. Insured till I take physical possession.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The dollar is up the ratios are at 90:1 as it has been for a while now. Looks like I’m not going to get my 95:1 trade, got close 8 or 9 days ago ~93:1 maybe shoulda coulda woulda but we’ve got two years and a war left, I’ll get my trade. Patient, is the key word.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The dollar is up the ratios are at 90:1 as it has been for a while now. Looks like I’m not going to get my 95:1 trade, got close 8 or 9 days ago ~93:1 maybe shoulda coulda woulda but we’ve got two years and a war left, I’ll get my trade. Patient, is the key word.
    So I understand... you're wanting to trade gold for silver?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I gotta say I'm not very impressed with the "silver is a hedge against inflation" argument right now. In a high inflation environment shouldn't it be doing the opposite of tanking?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Plus with paper silver to actual metal ratios of 394:1 currently, the four banks that control the vast majority of the paper silver can manipulate the hell out of it...for now.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Plus with paper silver to actual metal ratios of 394:1 currently, the four banks that control the vast majority of the paper silver can manipulate the hell out of it...for now.

I completely agree that there are (likely illegal) trade desk manipulations, with pricing put in place to the benefit of the few, in the short term. The year-over-year market manipulation is 100% the effect of fiat.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So I understand... you're wanting to trade gold for silver?
    Yes sir but not right now! If the ratio gets to 95 oz. Of AG to 1 oz. of AU premiums included I trade AU to AG. Or 95:1

If the ratios reverse for instance, and if I see 50:1 AG to AU I trade back, reverse trade. Thereby increasing my oz‘s of either without any out of pocket FRN’s (fed. res. notes).

So my personal numbers are 95:1 trade AU to AG
    50:1 trade AG to AU.

I am not a financial advisor, I’ve been in the metals market since about 1984/1985. I started out when AG was 4 bucks plus premium and AU was around 300 ish bucks plus premium. I chased AG to 11 bucks. I chased AU to 600 ish. I haven’t spent a single dollar on either since then. And I have learned how to trade on the ratios since. I’ve increased my metals stack a bit. I’ve witnessed gains and losses in both markets. It takes time and attention to detail. A good relationship to an honest dealer doesn’t hurt. If I had one word of advise to give it would be “always have an equal amount of both” 50/50 oz’s dollar wise AU, AG. “Do not take my words as financial advice” this is what works for ME. I’m a cattle rancher, long line fur trapper, dog breeder, empty nester, what works for me may not work for you. Respectfully.
    Me.

Metals are not an investment they are leverage against inflation (dollar devaluation) that’s why the U.S. .gov is the second largest holder of gold in the U.S. The largest holder of gold in the U.S. is the Fed. Res. They are not Fed. and they are not a Reserve. They are a private corp. Who are THEY?…..

If you are looking for investments get into the stock market. If you own metals look to give them to your heirs. They will need them, it will give them power. They will thank you, and hopefully they will grow the stack you started. If you anticipate spending the money you put into metals in your lifetime your looking in the wrong place. JMO.

Edit to correct gold and silver symbols and clarification, think I’ve got it correct now. Dumb mistake. It was late, I was tired.

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I gotta say I'm not very impressed with the "silver is a hedge against inflation" argument right now. In a high inflation environment shouldn't it be doing the opposite of tanking?

Um, I can buy a gallon of gas today for a 1964 quarter???

Watcha mean???

No disrespect but I’m surmising you don’t have the advantage/disadvantage of time.

Your children will.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The dollar and the Euro are less than 1 cent apart. AG is on a downward parabolic fall right now ~92:1 if it gets to 93 I’m gonna do it. Watching…… 4:26 am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No sir. not now! If the ratio gets to 95 oz. Of AG to 1 oz. of AU premiums included I trade AG to AU. Or 95:1
    I must be misunderstanding, because to me this seems counterintuitive. When the ratio gets higher (95:1), doesn't that mean that you have to give up more silver (95 oz.) to get one oz. of gold? To my way of thinking, it seems like I would want to be able to give less silver for that same oz. of gold. If you could get 1 oz. AU for 50 oz. AG, wouldn't that be a better "deal"?

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I must be misunderstanding, because to me this seems counterintuitive. When the ratio gets higher (95:1), doesn't that mean that you have to give up more silver (95 oz.) to get one oz. of gold? To my way of thinking, it seems like I would want to be able to give less silver for that same oz. of gold. If you could get 1 oz. AU for 50 oz. AG, wouldn't that be a better "deal"?

The simplified way of looking at it, you are maximizing your ounces when you are trading for the "least expensive" asset.

1) Trade gold for silver when the ratio is high. ex: 95:1
    2) Trade silver for gold when the ratio is low. ex: 40:1

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The simplified way of looking at it, you are maximizing your ounces when you are trading for the "least expensive" asset.

1) Trade gold for silver when the ratio is high. ex: 95:1
    2) Trade silver for gold when the ratio is low. ex: 40:1
    :ugh:

My bad. I had it backwards in my mind! :lmfao:

When Mij said this:

"No sir. not now! If the ratio gets to 95 oz. Of AG to 1 oz. of AU premiums included I trade AG to AU. Or 95:1"

I read it as "I trade AG FOR AU" instead of TO AU.

Top Bottom