• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I must be misunderstanding, because to me this seems counterintuitive. When the ratio gets higher (95:1), doesn't that mean that you have to give up more silver (95 oz.) to get one oz. of gold? To my way of thinking, it seems like I would want to be able to give less silver for that same oz. of gold. If you could get 1 oz. AU for 50 oz. AG, wouldn't that be a better "deal"?
    Yep wrong symbol in wrong place, I fixed it and clarified. Late Nite, I stayed up watching the Hong Kong Market, thought I was gonna get my trade, it got to almost 93:1 then London opened and things went south fast. I didn’t get to bed till after 4 am. And yes your summation above is exactly correct. I was doing two things at once. (Well three, typing with one finger) watching two web sites. And I mixed up the symbols.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep wrong symbol in wrong place, I fixed it and clarified. Late Nite, I stayed up watching the Hong Kong Market, thought I was gonna get my trade, it got to almost 93:1 then London opened and things went south fast. I didn’t get to bed till after 4 am. And yes your summation above is exactly correct. I was doing two things at once. (Well three, typing with one finger) watching two web sites. And I mixed up the symbols.
    No worries! I think we were both confused. But I'm used to being that way. :):

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No worries! I think we were both confused. But I'm used to being that way. :):
    Well in my defense I was a bit excited and on the edge of my seat for about three hours. And well after bedtime. I’m at a time in life where confusion comes a little easier than it used to.
    :dunno:

Sorry about that, I’ll be more aware in the future. When I saw the numbers I just got excited and I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. It’ll happen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well in my defense I was a bit excited and on the edge of my seat for about three hours. And well after bedtime. I’m at a time in life where confusion comes a little easier than it used to.
    :dunno:

Sorry about that, I’ll be more aware in the future. When I saw the numbers I just got excited and I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. It’ll happen.
    No apologies necessary! Most of the guys posting in this thread have way more experience than I do and I appreciate all the info I've gleaned here from you and them. I'm still very much a rookie for sure.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The simplified way of looking at it, you are maximizing your ounces when you are trading for the "least expensive" asset.

1) Trade gold for silver when the ratio is high. ex: 95:1
    2) Trade silver for gold when the ratio is low. ex: 40:1
    Thank you sir, every time I read it I confuse myself again. I still feel like I have a hangover after being up so late last night waiting for the magic number. I’m hitting the hay in a few I need a good nights sleep.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK, that’s it for me. Just got off the phone. 1 AGE and 2 generic Kitco bars for 3 Englehard door stops. No cash, straight trade. As soon as I change my boots me and the old man are heading out. Gotta change side arms. At 93.3:1 this maybe the last time in my life I’ll get to trade I’m not gonna let ~5 oz of AG get in my way. See you folks this evening. Already called the wife she said it’s my business do what I want to do. I’m going to pick Arni‘s pizza and 6 Killians Irish Red beers. To bring home for dinner. Later.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK, made it, and unlike the last time I brought my whole truck home with me. I’m out one American Gold Eagle but I’ll live with it. Total cost 1 AGE, and 2 generic oz’s gold. Brought home 3 100 oz. Poured, hand stamped, serial numbered, Englehard bars.

The lady at the desk said she had my account brought up. I asked her if she could see my last trade? She said yes. I asked the particulars, it was 189 oz. Of silver for 3 AGE’s. (gold), 18 10 oz. Silvertown bars sealed in plastic, and 9 ASE’s (silver), those were common circulated eagles. So my trade got me about 111 more oz’s of AG. (silver). The cost does not take gas and lunch/dinner and a six pack into the equation.

The last time the old man’s dad was my shotgun rider, when I went in for lunch he didn’t think he should be left in the truck, he ate the back seat head rest, the seat belt, destroyed the front seat head rest, and his own seat in the back.

Now, I’ll wait for the metals to uncouple again in reverse, I have my doubts it will happen again in my lifetime. But in todays world you never know.

Time for beer and the best pizza in the state.

Top Bottom