• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Some more than others, I have some obscure poured bars with what some think is coral on them. They are stamped. 10.xx oz. on them all different fractions after the decimal point. I’ve got a few odd balls. It takes an odd ball to find them interesting.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Broke down a couple days ago and pre-ordered some IGR 10oz bars from Monument at $210.50. They are $212.70 so for once I timed it right.

Also decided I'm just going to average the Kitco bid/ask prices for my spot basis calcs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Broke down a couple days ago and pre-ordered some IGR 10oz bars from Monument at $210.50. They are $212.70 so for once I timed it right.

Also decided I'm just going to average the Kitco bid/ask prices for my spot basis calcs.
    Yeah, I jumped too soon on those. I paid 218.20 and 216.60 for the two I pre-ordered. Saw them go as low as 207 and change but I waited and they went back up. Now they have these at 212.70 too.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I've noticed on occasion here and other forums someone would attempt to sell an item, and in the ad it will state "gold and silver" at spot...is anybody talking them up? Just wondering aloud,so tospeak.....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What do you mean by "talking them up"? As is "Spot is $19/oz, I will give you X ounces at $20/oz". Sure. I always put the Ag/Au option in my ads. I like the stuff and it gives flexibility to the buyer. Also some folks have PMs that they got a long time ago and may think about the cash basis giving them a bit of a bargain.

I think I have done maybe half a dozen deals as PM trades. Most all were roughly at spot, one was negotiated slightly lower, and one was a very generous offer from my perspective for two guns I was selling.

I used to add "spot plus X for sovereign coins" but don't anymore. I figure if someone wants to offer Eagles or Kruggerands they will likely adjust.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I "sold" an AR for silver when I first started getting into PMs. I didn't have it in the ad, but the buyer made me the offer and I took it. We were both happy.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I think people in this thread would be interested in a broker, Bill Holter, that just did a $50 million dollar transaction. He states that there were only $27 million US Silver Eagles available for this lady that is transfering fiat money out of a bank that tried to stonewall her on a wire transfer to Miles Franklin, who has a $500 million credit limit. This is an indicator of the status of the silver market. I've watched the first 15 minutes that discussed the trade.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nice to see spot over $20 for silver, over $1,750 for gold, and the ratio around 87.5:1.

Did some trading today at a local coin shop. I had three 1/2oz Noah's Arc gold coins. Nice coins but they were in sealed plastic cases with certificates. I didn't care for that as it made them bulky to store. Ended up trading them for three 1/2oz Kruggerands and paying $25/coin over the retail value. That is online price I could buy the Kruggs for minus the price I could get the Arc coins + $75 total. Pretty fair as I got the coins I wanted, much more liquid. Also served to re-introduce myself to the shop owner.

I shopped there quite a bit when I started stacking maybe 10 years ago but it is hard to beat online prices with free shipping. I am going to try and get there maybe once a month from now on. Even if it is just a small silver purchase or fractional gold coin, it is worth getting in with a reliable local source.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice to see spot over $20 for silver, over $1,750 for gold, and the ratio around 87.5:1.

Did some trading today at a local coin shop. I had three 1/2oz Noah's Arc gold coins. Nice coins but there were in sealed plastic cases with certificates. I didn't care for that as it made them bulky to store. Ended up trading them for three 1/2oz Kruggerands and paying $25/coin over the retail value. That is online price I could buy the Kruggs for minus the price I could get the Arc coins + $75 total. Pretty fair as I got the coins I wanted, much more liquid. Also served to re-introduce myself to the shop owner.

I shopped there quite a bit when I started stacking maybe 10 years ago but it is hard to beat online prices with free shipping. I am going to try and get there maybe once a month from now on. Even if it is just a small silver purchase or fractional gold coin, it is worth getting in with a reliable local source.
    My last 10 gram gold bar should be here today. I was kind of disappointed to see prices going up because I wanted to buy more. Now kinda wish I'd bought when I first started seeing them go up, but I waited and then it became less attractive. :):

Top Bottom