• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My FedEx guy pulls this same thing everytime gets real old.
    Just got a notice from USPS about my Gainesville Coin delivery. They said it required a signature (it didn't) and that they attempted delivery (they didn't). In my request for re-delivery I told them that unless it was here by 8 a.m. tomorrow (4/17) that I would file a report of theft with the Postmaster General. Oh, and on the little slip they left in the mailbox, it said that the shipper was M&J Plumbing. :n00b: No, I didn't order silver from a plumbing company. I am so tired of dealing with incompetence.
    My Gainesville package was labeled M&J Plumbing, likely to hide that it was from a coin company and could contain silver or gold.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Gainesville package was labeled M&J Plumbing, likely to hide that it was from a coin company and could contain silver or gold.
    Yes, mea culpa. After I had calmed down I reread my shipment email this morning and they did say that. They also said it would be sent signature required. :ugh: So I tucked my tail between my legs and went and picked up the package at the post office today.

In my defense, those little tidbits of info were way down at the bottom of the email in the stuff I usually don't read. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ugh. Now I just had another shipment from Gainesville that USPS says was delivered to "GCC" and signed for by "R T". I have no idea who either of those are, but I think I'm done with Gainesville. I've reported the package missing with USPS and I've emailed Gainesville to let them know that I expect my silver here tomorrow, or else my checking account refunded for the full amount of purchase plus shipping.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My last order from SilverGoldBull was also shipped under a pseudonym. Makes sense not to literally say "contains silver" on the package.

DD I think your stuff is going to the same USPS roadside ditch as all those mail-in ballots. :laugh: The weak link in this chain is definitely having to rely on the clowns at UPS, FedEx, or USPS to actually deliver your stuff.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Evidently, a man has to fight for his silver sometimes !
    But I'm sorry that you're having these troubles, DD. :(

So far, I've only used Money Metals Exchange ... and I've had no problems, with the exception of getting profuse, and long-winded daily emails from them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't had any trouble with Provident or APMEX (other than APMEX canceling an order without notifying me). I'll be interested to see what USPS does. Overall, I've been happiest with Provident.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Ugh. Now I just had another shipment from Gainesville that USPS says was delivered to "GCC" and signed for by "R T". I have no idea who either of those are, but I think I'm done with Gainesville. I've reported the package missing with USPS and I've emailed Gainesville to let them know that I expect my silver here tomorrow, or else my checking account refunded for the full amount of purchase plus shipping.
    Keep us updated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just went out to the mail box to mail a card, and lo and behold! Guess what was in the box? On the shipping label it even had "Must Show ID" highlighted in yellow. Obviously I didn't show ID. I still have no idea what GCC is or who this RT is that allegedly signed for it. :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got an email from USPS:

Dear DoggyDaddy,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

Carriers scan the packages upon delivery. Your carrier's scan on the GPS shows he was at your address. Because of Covid the carrier signed for it and left it with an individual. If you believe it was stolen please contact the Police department.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service. We appreciate your reporting this matter to us. It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements. The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Robbie Wong
    Southport P.O.

So another Covid excuse... And WTF? Left it with "an individual"? Just some random individual? Good thing it was apparently an honest individual!

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Just got an email from USPS:

Dear DoggyDaddy,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

Carriers scan the packages upon delivery. Your carrier's scan on the GPS shows he was at your address. Because of Covid the carrier signed for it and left it with an individual. If you believe it was stolen please contact the Police department.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service. We appreciate your reporting this matter to us. It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements. The information you have provided will be shared with management as they continue their efforts to improve service performance in your area.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Robbie Wong
    Southport P.O.

So another Covid excuse... And WTF? Left it with "an individual"? Just some random individual? Good thing it was apparently an honest individual!
    I'd contact the postmaster general and file a formal complaint. Seems like USPS uses covid as an excuse for incompetence

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd contact the postmaster general and file a formal complaint. Seems like USPS uses covid as an excuse for incompetence
    I did get the package, but yeah, not happy with how it was handled. Especially since at the time it was supposedly delivered we were home and DoggyMama was inside, so she'd have heard if they knocked on the front door. USPS and FedEx have now used Covid as an excuse not to get a required signature. Funny that UPS has no problem with it, nor do Domino's pizza drivers.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Had a similar issue USPS and Amazon delivery to my office staff was there on Sunday but they marked it as undeliverable because we were closed. They never even attempted delivery.

Top Bottom