• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I was ordering 2 boxes of 500 rounds of .22 Mr from Cheaper Than Dirt. The shipping was going to be $60.
    I didn't place the order.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Once I was ordering a barrel pin for an ak build. Cost $3, shipping $12. So I decided to call them and they shipped it for $3. That was really to much because they just put it in a regular envelope. I needed it though :( .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why were you even considering ordering from those guys?

I too held this opinion after their shenanigans following Sandy Hook, but I confess that I did order from them when they had surplus 303 British ammo at crazy low prices not too long ago. I'm talking "shoot your Enfield for the same price as shooting your Mosin" cheap. And the shipping was MUCH more reasonable than what the OP experienced. If that's accurate then that's just stupid high and don't blame him for being ticked off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think people are learning you can make as much or more profit on blanket shipping charges as you can on what you're selling

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    **** cheaper than dirt... I wouldn't order from them if they paid me.

Never forget.

gougemasters.jpg

Screen+shot+2013-01-16+at+6.19.02+PM.png

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I quit ordering from them right after Sandy Hoax. They were the first gougers and still are ridiculous on their pricing, especially shipping as you mentioned

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I saw their booth at the NRA convention, I walked right on by without slowing down. There were quite a few people standing at their counter, though, which I found very disappointing. Short memory and all that, I guess.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    **** cheaper than dirt... I wouldn't order from them if they paid me.

Never forget.

gougemasters.jpg

Screen+shot+2013-01-16+at+6.19.02+PM.png

Thanks Chez for the nice reminder, sometimes I think people need to see it as a refresher. I do NOT support them what so ever.

As far as shipping goes, shipping rates have increased, but not by that much.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I was ordering 2 boxes of 500 rounds of .22 Mr from Cheaper Than Dirt. The shipping was going to be $60.
    I didn't place the order.
    I ordered 2 boxes of 500 last week from Cabelas and shipping was $8.95. Yeah Cheaper Than Dirt is trying to screw you.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to believe that the pricing at CTD was "auto-generated" or something like that. You know? Maybe the inventory system senses a higher or lower demand and adjusts prices accordingly.

But even if that were the case, the persons in charge could have just made a correction and allowed the mags or whatever to sell-out. Whatever.

I don't think it really ever mattered to me personally because I've never bought from them. But I was slightly annoyed enough to not ever buy from them after those massive prices came down to earth. Whatever.

Top Bottom