Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you're advice is followed no one can answer you. It might be considered bashing.

Honest opinions about the experience of dealing with a vendor should be welcome whether they deal in widgets or firearms. The term YMMV certainly applies when discussing service. My experience with a company may be 180 degrees from yours, but if we both relate our experiences honestly others can use them to aid in the decision of whether to deal with that company.

I know I'm not the only one who searches for reviews when deciding whether to buy from a company I've never dealt with.
    How many members have openly asked about company’s new to them in the open Forum. The reviews given are usually pretty spot on and come from personal experiences.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess I don’t get it As long as comments are stated, factual and it isn’t a daily diatribe. The big shop in Mishawaka as an example. They have been discussed many times on here. Some people have complained about service, feel ignored etc. I always got excellent service. My biggest complaint about them currently, is they jacked their prices well above MSRP, probably close to GB levels. So if you buy right now, you are going to feel bad when things swing back.
    So you don’t feel we should talk about any of that?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Never dealt with them, what did they do that is worthy of the death penalty?
    Very minimal dealings, a long time ago before their price hikes/gouging.
    I only read of the complaints, but there is no denying that they are internet famous. No one goes on any forum and says “hey guys look what I got from CTD” for fear of shaming. Evidence of this claim is right here on this thread.
    They brought us $100 pmags and support for the Toomey Manchin gun control bill. They’re generally considered traitors, or were. We have short memories.

Apparently their business model is still “working”.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I only read of the complaints, but there is no denying that they are internet famous. No one goes on any forum and says “hey guys look what I got from CTD” for fear of shaming. Evidence of this claim is right here on this thread.
    They brought us $100 pmags and support for the Toomey Manchin gun control bill. They’re generally considered traitors, or were. We have short memories.

I can see why they are so popular. I mean, their ammo prices are great!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess I don’t get it As long as comments are stated, factual and it isn’t a daily diatribe. The big shop in Mishawaka as an example. They have been discussed many times on here. Some people have complained about service, feel ignored etc. I always got excellent service. My biggest complaint about them currently, is they jacked their prices well above MSRP, probably close to GB levels. So if you buy right now, you are going to feel bad when things swing back.
    So you don’t feel we should talk about any of that?
    Not in a way that is bashing them. IMHO

Here are two hypothetical thread titles.

Midwest Guns Overpriced Assholes

Who Has Best Gun Prices In NWI?

One will be a forum discussion the other a venting rant. I find venting rants to be counter productive to our combined interests.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They brought us $100 pmags and support for the. They’re generally considered traitors, or were. We have short memories.

As stated I have no knowledge or interest in CTD but there is some reason they stay in business that we do not know. Why are they still in business? If they are hated on every gun forum how are they still in business? Toomey Manchin gun control bill was ten years ago, they survived that, survived the HRC election and Trump years, and now are surviving the pandemic years, if everyone hates them why are they still in business? This is all illogical that if they are so bad that the world hates them, their prices too high, their service is poor, why are they still here and in business?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I use to be a big fan of CTD back in the early 1990's when they mailed out catalogs to you and internet wasn't that big yet. They where Cheaper than the majority.
    Then something happened and they went on to be one of the highest priced companies. Their customer service took a nose dive as well and I haven't bought off if them in over 23 years. Looks like they are still trash according to what I've been reading from others, and their prices are higher than ever.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As stated I have no knowledge or interest in CTD but there is some reason they stay in business that we do not know. Why are they still in business? If they are hated on every gun forum how are they still in business? Toomey Manchin gun control bill was ten years ago, they survived that, survived the HRC election and Trump years, and now are surviving the pandemic years, if everyone hates them why are they still in business? This is all illogical that if they are so bad that the world hates them, their prices too high, their service is poor, why are they still here and in business?
    Who knows? I wonder why Starbuck's is in business. I think it's absolutely insane to pay $5.00+ for a cup of coffee and I would never go there. Some people are just more gullible than others? :dunno: I think P.T. Barnum had something to say about those folks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who knows? I wonder why Starbuck's is in business. I think it's absolutely insane to pay $5.00+ for a cup of coffee and I would never go there. Some people are just more gullible than others? :dunno: I think P.T. Barnum had something to say about those folks.
    This is a great response. Starbucks offers something you don’t understand, makes millions a year. You pick up a coffee at gas stations? Most Starbucks customers would say gross to gas station coffee. Most Starbucks customers are not even buying coffee, they are buying espresso. If they are buying coffee they are buying the flavor of coffee they want. Just like bourbon, coffee has so many flavors.

Starbucks knows how to provide what their customers want to drink in a clean inviting environment that is great for meetings, to take a break between meetings, or just run in quick…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is a great response. Starbucks offers something you don’t understand, makes millions a year. You pick up a coffee at gas stations? Most Starbucks customers would say gross to gas station coffee. Most Starbucks customers are not even buying coffee, they are buying espresso. If they are buying coffee they are buying the flavor of coffee they want. Just like bourbon, coffee has so many flavors.

Starbucks knows how to provide what their customers want to drink in a clean inviting environment that is great for meetings, to take a break between meetings, or just run in quick…
    I'm a simple man. I drink coffee that I make at home. My point is, I don't understand Starbucks nor do I understand CTD. Obviously (as you pointed out) some people do or they wouldn't be in business.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm a simple man. I drink coffee that I make at home. My point is, I don't understand Starbucks nor do I understand CTD. Obviously (as you pointed out) some people do or they wouldn't be in business.
    Right! I just don’t understand the mentality of those hell bent on running down the business models of those suppliers to our common interest, many that clearly don’t understand the business model…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right! I just don’t understand the mentality of those hell bent on running down the business models of those suppliers to our common interest, many that clearly don’t understand the business model…
    I still don't mind honest reviews (good or bad). Speaking of business models, Yelp's whole business model is based on that. So is Consumer Reports'.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I hear the Starbucks $5 coffee statement all the time. I don't go to Starbucks anymore since I prefer my own coffee made at home. But I used to go several times per week for years. I paid $2.30 for a cup of coffee.

Most people who quote expensive coffee from Starbucks are talking about the fancy concoctions they create, not a cup of coffee. Are you making at home or buying at the gas station a double espresso mocha latte, no foam, almond milk with an extra shot of espresso?
    Or are you buying a cup of coffee from the rack at the station?

And if you are not taking it black, you can drink most any swill since the sugar and/or cream will mask the bad taste.

A lot of people don't care for Starbucks and they should go elsewhere. But look at the lines at most every one and you will see they created a fairly successful business model.

Plus I like what they do for those that serve militarily. They have been giving my son (USAF) a free bag of coffee weekly and a significant discount on his daily runs plus a gift box during the Christmas holidays for 10 years now. He worked for them for just over a year while in high school and then when he joined the Air Force, the classified him as not terminated but deployed so he maintains his standing with them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hear the Starbucks $5 coffee statement all the time. I don't go to Starbucks anymore since I prefer my own coffee made at home. But I used to go several times per week for years. I paid $2.30 for a cup of coffee.

Most people who quote expensive coffee from Starbucks are talking about the fancy concoctions they create, not a cup of coffee. Are you making at home or buying at the gas station a double espresso mocha latte, no foam, almond milk with an extra shot of espresso?
    Or are you buying a cup of coffee from the rack at the station?

And if you are not taking it black, you can drink most any swill since the sugar and/or cream will mask the bad taste.

A lot of people don't care for Starbucks and they should go elsewhere. But look at the lines at most every one and you will see they created a fairly successful business model.

Plus I like what they do for those that serve militarily. They have been giving my son (USAF) a free bag of coffee weekly and a significant discount on his daily runs plus a gift box during the Christmas holidays for 10 years now. He worked for them for just over a year while in high school and then when he joined the Air Force, the classified him as not terminated but deployed so he maintains his standing with them.
    Don't forget the Frappuccino... very tasty milk shakes

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Post Sandy Hook, they were the worst price gougers I've ever seen. The gun community needs to be reminded of their business model, so that as many as possible know what they are about. Their only interest is in getting as much :spend: out of the pockets of suckers as they can right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom