• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Why worry about having to be ready all of a sudden? I'm always ready. We always drive with doors locked and lock our home doors when we're there. I always carry and if someone tries to rip my door open at a stop light they'll be looking down the barrel of a .45 or .40 S&W. After seeing a white truck driver nearly stoned to death after he was pulled out of his truck in LA during the riots I've got no problem pulling the trigger on somebody stupid enough to open my door.

Don't blame you got lost going to Newark airport one time and ended up in Harlan...I am sure I hit one of the guys who tried to stop my car by jumping at it and trying to stand in front of me....I ran every red light.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really...guess you have never been to California,New York or Chicago. Are you randomly going through post making stupid statements to get to your 50 post. My self If I am going to criticize i do it with something to back me up.

Attack on family in Compton latest incident in wave of anti-black violence - Los Angeles Times

Unless your contention is that all hispanics are gang members, you still have not sustained your statement that blacks and hispanics don't get along. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and a number of other cultures find the groups living together quite well in the US.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Agreed. I think an acquittal will be a convenient excuse, but I think those areas at risk for something are dealing with it already.

That's what the folks on the near north side of Chicago were thinking a short while back.

Unless your contention is that all hispanics are gang members, you still have not sustained your statement that blacks and hispanics don't get along. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and a number of other cultures find the groups living together quite well in the US.

Weren't the Liberty City riots in Miami a few years back Cuban v. black? I was under the impression that in Miami there's little goodwill there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Weren't the Liberty City riots in Miami a few years back Cuban v. black? I was under the impression that in Miami there's little goodwill there.

Honestly, I'm not familiar with that episode, but I don't see how that can even be done. One of good friends in college was Cuban, but he was also black. He still lives in Miami, so I wonder which side he was on.

Now I will say this there are certainly "cultural" lines drawn. Cubans whether black or white, will look down their noses towards black Americans, but hell Jamaican Americans will do the same. It's not really a color issue

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Honestly, I'm not familiar with that episode, but I don't see how that can even be done. One of good friends in college was Cuban, but he was also black. He still lives in Miami, so I wonder which side he was on.

Now I will say this there are certainly "cultural" lines drawn. Cubans whether black or white, will look down their noses towards black Americans, but hell Jamaican Americans will do the same. It's not really a color issue

I'm not saying it's 'racial' the way the media defines it. Our society is FAR more complex than the black-white division the MSM likes to portray.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Puerto Ricans that used to live down the street hated blacks and Mexicans. They really did hate both groups. These folks were stone masons and hard workers with all the right papers.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    That's what the folks on the near north side of Chicago were thinking a short while back.

No Liberty City riots were over police enforcement actions.

Miami is made of many nationalities. Lots of black Haitians, and many other nationalities of different skin tones from central and south America.

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The Puerto Ricans that used to live down the street hated blacks and Mexicans. They really did hate both groups. These folks were stone masons and hard workers with all the right papers.

I have met many blacks actually from different African nations. What they said about blacks from the US was not very nice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have met many blacks actually from different African nations. What they said about blacks from the US was not very nice.

I have heard the names they call them. No love for our black culture.
    Richard Pryor did a bit (When he was still somewhat coherent) on his trip to Africa to find his roots.
    It was hilarious and on point. He was told to go home as he was not Black....enough.

Racial prejudices are across the board but they (you know who) would have you believe it is only the whites that hate. That is just not true.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

No, not all Hispanics are gang members...but I would say 25 years ago Hispanics started taking jobs that blacks usually held. They may live together, but if you have watched TV lately even the Black Caucus is against amnesty for that very reason.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

When we lived in Navy housing the blacks and Pueto Ricans hated each other and that was 25-30 years ago.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i am not very worried about any form of rioting...they get obama phones, ebt cards, they all have xbox,x and large screen tv's...whats the point of looting when you already have all of these things...i guess they could hit the liquor store, but i dont own one, so im not very worried......id be more worried about random incidents of retaliatory race-based violence...as so many twitter accounts have indicated
    Twitter explodes with death threats against George Zimmerman, white people - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    No Liberty City riots were over police enforcement actions.

Miami is made of many nationalities. Lots of blacks Haitians, and many other nationalities of different skin tones from central and south America.

The police killing sparked the riots, but there was a lot of tension between blacks and newly-arrived Cubans, who were perceived as receiving preferential treatment.

The Arthur McDuffie Riots of 1980 - Miami Beach 411

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I have heard the names they call them. No love for our black culture.
    Richard Pryor did a bit (When he was still somewhat coherent) on his trip to Africa to find his roots.
    It was hilarious and on point. He was told to go home as he was not Black....enough.

Racial prejudices are across the board but they (you know who) would have you believe it is only the whites that hate. That is just not true.

Hell south Africa tried to tell Obama to go back to america

I feel bad here. With people on both sides of the atlantic saying send them back.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    No, not all Hispanics are gang members...but I would say 25 years ago Hispanics started taking jobs that blacks usually held. They may live together, but if you have watched TV lately even the Black Caucus is against amnesty for that very reason.

You have any sources?

I know many educated blacks know this, but I was not aware that currently the black caucus is trying to block amnesty. NAACP even seems to support it as does the SPLC and every other anti-American group you can think of

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The police killing sparked the riots, but there was a lot of tension between blacks and newly-arrived Cubans, who were perceived as receiving preferential treatment.

The Arthur McDuffie Riots of 1980 - Miami Beach 411

I lived it.

Issues with the black sections existed far prior to Mariel .

I lived through race riots when desegregation was instituted.
    I was assaulted for the color of my skin.

BTW I was also there in 82 for the Overtown riots.

Last edited:

Buck67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    We didn't have any riots after Martin Luther King was killed. Trayvon isn't worth rioting over.

Top Bottom