• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    About what will happen if/when Zimmerman is acquitted? If I lived in Indy I would definitely be making plans to skedaddle on short notice. How about LEOs working the area?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pop some :popcorn: and watch the world burn?

Not too concerned about myself or family. I've got extended family in downtown Indy that aren't smart enough to "bug out", so kinda worried about them.

I'm sure there will be riots regardless of the verdict.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    What do you think the point of this little witch-hunt was?

Instapundit » Blog Archive » “TRAIN WRECK” WITNESS: Rachel Jeantel made it sound like Travon Martin profiled George Zimmerman……

But here’s the key: Obama and the Democrats would actually prefer an acquittal here. That’s because the whole point of the ginned-up Zimmerman affair was to inflame racial sentiment to boost black turnout in 2012. With any luck, they can turn an acquittal into another racial rallying cry, which will help in 2014. It’s not about Zimmerman; he’s just one of those eggs you have to break to make an Obama omelet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [QUOTE]If I lived in Indy I would definitely be making plans to skedaddle on short notice. [/QUOTE]

Why? We ladies of Boston already have our hats.

Our people are already squared away so I don't think they have to "go do anything".

Besides nothing would happen in Indy, Liberty City, Florida is another story.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    [QUOTE]If I lived in Indy I would definitely be making plans to skedaddle on short notice. [/QUOTE]

Why? We ladies of Boston already have our hats.

Our people are already squared away so I don't think they have to "go do anything".

Besides nothing would happen in Indy, Liberty City, Florida is another story.

I think you are very optimistic.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The "mini-riot" of 1995 was a local issue (alleged excessive force) in which a protest got waaaay out of hand.

Not excusing criminal behaviour but just saying that it was a local issue, not something that happened in another state.

Razorback

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    About what will happen if/when Zimmerman is acquitted? If I lived in Indy I would definitely be making plans to skedaddle on short notice.

Why? You must not be familiar with Indianapolis. Besides, the Zimmerman case is not an Indianapolis issue. Even when there was some small scale rioting many years ago in Indy, it was a local issue that spurred them. And as with most rioting, it was confined to a small area of the city.

I live in Indy, and I must say that as someone who actually lives and works here, it is laughable that someone would be worried about riots due to the Zimmerman verdict. Skedaddle? Really? Is that what rural and small town folks think of all day, how horrible the "big city" is and how everyone should be ready to flee at the first sign of trouble? Geez-O-Pete, it must be boring out there in the sticks!

:):

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't think that the primary minority group in my neighborhood will be too upset. It takes a lot to get the Amish to riot.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why? You must not be familiar with Indianapolis. Besides, the Zimmerman case is not an Indianapolis issue. Even when there was some small scale rioting many years ago in Indy, it was a local issue that spurred them. And as with most rioting, it was confined to a small area of the city.

I live in Indy, and I must say that as someone who actually lives and works here, it is laughable that someone would be worried about riots due to the Zimmerman verdict. Skedaddle? Really? Is that what rural and small town folks think of all day, how horrible the "big city" is and how everyone should be ready to flee at the first sign of trouble? Geez-O-Pete, it must be boring out there in the sticks!

:):

You're a funny guy. Welcome to INGO.:rolleyes:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks. You still didn't answer my question. Why should anyone in Indy be ready to skedaddle?

I rarely respond to such a condescending attitude. I've lived in a few major metropolitan areas, never Indy. In fact, until the last few years, I haven't lived in Indiana since the late 70's. Based upon my experience in other cities, and some of the reading I have been doing lately, I thought it a legitimate question. From the responses in this thread I gather that was incorrect.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Looks like today a key witness stated on the stand that when he approached them, the person on top giving the beating was wearing a dark hoodie and the person on the ground was in red (Zimmerman)

Add that to the embarrassing gf testimony yesterday and med examiner wound remarks today; this whole thing is on the fast track to an acquittal.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If I lived in Sanford, Florida then I would definitely be worried. I expect some isolated riots in other cities throughout America such as Atlanta or LA, but I suspect that those will happen only in isolated pockets of the cities with the highest concentration of minorities. We may even have some small disturbances here in Indy but I expect that if it happens it will be relegated to areas I usually don't travel to or through.

Though this case has been racially charged, shaken, and stirred by the media, I don't get the sense that the racial tensions in Indy are anywhere close compared with some other metropolitan areas.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I lived in Sanford, Florida then I would definitely be worried. I expect some isolated riots in other cities throughout America such as Atlanta or LA, but I suspect that those will happen only in isolated pockets of the cities with the highest concentration of minorities. We may even have some small disturbances here in Indy but I expect that if it happens it will be relegated to areas I usually don't travel to or through.

Though this case has been racially charged, shaken, and stirred by the media, I don't get the sense that the racial tensions in Indy are anywhere close compared with some other metropolitan areas.

Thanks, I appreciate your well-considered rationale.

Top Bottom