• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My wife and I are planning on building a house in the next 3-5 years with a full basement and I have her on board for a fully concreted room. Mainly to use as a gun room but secondarily as a bomb/storm shelter.
    One family in our MSG has done that in their house, complete with an exterior hidden exit. And that's as much as OPSEC will permit me to say.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    One family in our MSG has done that in their house, complete with an exterior hidden exit. And that's as much as OPSEC will permit me to say.

I'll probably have to work more on the wife with getting an exterior exit but we'll see lol. But she's pretty open minded and is on the same wavelength as me.

I heard in that Nuclear Surivival Skills book they have some ideas to consider when building a house and I'm hoping to learn something in there about the design of a strong and secure structure. One thing I'm worried about is air filtration also.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I noticed that almost every map shows the newport chemical depot as a target in vermilion county. The military removed the vx stored there more than a decade ago and the property is now a commercial business complex.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Always knew Fort Wayne would be on the short list. Several Raytheon buildings plus the Air Guard base. The property at my dealership touches the east side of the Air Guard base so at least I know I will be getting a front row seat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wonder if a nuclear attack would be the full monte, or if it'd be the ubiquitous suitcase. Same hazards, different scale. I can't imagine China going full monte on us. Hell, they can just buy our .gov. We've already stared down the Ruskies once. Then there's all the tertiary countries who probably lack the full monte ability. But they could be overflowing with suitcases.

8upwithit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Based on this map, it looks like Central Indiana will be dust in a 500 warhead scenario. Have to agree with the majority on this thread. Notice of launch given, whip out the lawn chair, slide on the Maui Jim's, pour four fingers of Blanton's and wait for the bright light before the blackness

Attachments

• Primary Nuclear Targets.png
      Primary Nuclear Targets.png
      3.3 MB · Views: 17

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    I've noticed that alot of the prepper channels I follow on Youtube have been talking more and more about nuclear war the past few months. These same channels were talking about a pandemic in late 2019/early 2020 so I tend to research what they talk about a little bit.

I'm just curious if anybody else is seeing this trend and preparing for it? I've got Mira safety gas masks and filters. I was looking at getting a few more masks and a case of filters. I'd probably get a few sizes of full chemical suits, a Geiger counter, and a book on Nuclear survival.

Is anyone else concerned about this or would this be money wasted?
    Not me, My prep will consist of case of beer and bottle of expensive bourbon! Sitting on the lazyboy waiting for the flash & heat! I'll take it like a champ!...lol

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    This is interesting
    5cc197f88b5be926ece9b7f77ba0ad29.png
    It's off to northern Maine for me!

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    M.A.D. sounds silly.
    Till you think about it, and it worked for how many decades?

Most wars are not initiated because of "strength".
    The are started because of "weakness". Either real or perceived.

"We'll be back by Christmas", is a common cry.

Top Bottom