• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i am totally psyched for this, as my in-laws live in Iowa. I posted this a couple weeks ago, but not a whole lot of people seemed that interested. while the bill isn't perfect (is any?), this is a major victory for all of us.

too bad the law wont go into effect until Jan 1. oh well, ya can't win 'em all.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    And yet it never happens. Perhaps they've been reading newspapers from Chicago and NYC.

:ingo:

:laugh: your right. I dont think any good citizen would be for a law that would TRUELY put our Police officers in danger of being killed in mass on the street. many of us have family in LE. this is just another lie trumped up by the anti-gun nut jobs. everytime we hit them with factual statistics they fire back with carefully created lies, and i finaly think a lot of Americans are starting to see it. as peoples morals decline our societies principles will continue to erode and the world we live in will continue to get more violent, guns or no guns. but at least we good people will have a way to deffend ourselves to an extent from the criminals (in suits or in rags)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    lol good point. lots of LE opposed the measure, citing the "blood in the streets" argument
    Blood in the streets...Is that old worn out argument coming around again? I think I remember hearing that during the Eisenhower administration.....But I was very young at the time..:laugh: LOL !

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There seems to be a growing sense of the wisdom of carrying across the country. Major mass killings could have been solved much faster if the good guys had a weapon equal to the task at the critical moment. People are beginning to understand the stupidity enshrined in this definition:

Gun control. n. The theory that a raped, dead woman is morally superior to a woman explaining to Cops how her attacker got that bullet hole. :rolleyes::facepalm: (Thanks and rep to Mk2ja for providing the definition. No idea where he got it, though.)

Was it Willie Nelson who sang, "It's time for the long arm of the law to put a few more in the ground" and "Send them all to their maker and they'll settle down.":draw:

Take out a few of the BGs and the rest will scurry for the cover of darkness like the cockroaches they are.

Three cheers for Iowa!!:rockwoot:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Its time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
    Send em all to their maker and he'll settle em down

Beer for my Horses by Willie Nelson (Feat. Toby Keith)

I'm not a big fan of country music, but of the few songs that I do like, that song is up on the list.

The lyrics are classic! I think they would ring true for many on this board. For those interested:

Well a man come on the 6 oclock news
    Said somebodys been shot, somebodys been abused
    Somebody blew up a building
    Somebody stole a car
    Somebody got away
    Somebody didnt get too far yeah
    They didnt get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
    A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
    Take all the rope in Texas
    Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
    Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that

Justice is the one thing you should always find
    You got to saddle up your boys
    You got to draw a hard line
    When the gun smoke settles well sing a victory tune
    Well all meet back at the local saloon
    Well raise up our glasses against evil forces
    Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
    Weve got too much corruption, too much crime in the streets
    Its time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
    Send em all to their maker and hell settle em down
    You can bet hell set em down cause

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Beer for my Horses by Willie Nelson (Feat. Toby Keith)

I'm not a big fan of country music, but of the few songs that I do like, that song is up on the list.

The lyrics are classic! I think they would ring true for many on this board. For those interested:

i tried to listen to the song. for some reason on my copy all i heard was what sounded like someone taking a loooooooooong hit off a bong. :laugh:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Nice to see I have one more State I can legally carry in, well next year anyway. I would like to see Indiana turn into a No Issue Required State.

Muted cheers for Iowa.
    Yeah, good luck with that last part. To even have a snowball's chance in Hades of doing so, enough of the people will have to be deprogrammed from their slavish devotion to one of the most important tenets of gun control: that one must be investigated, fingerprinted, licensed and registered by a "higher authority" (such as a police agency or bureau assigned to the task) in order to legally and legitimately bear arms (in this case sidearms while off your own property).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom