Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Intro to Personal Protection w/Sidearms
    Seminar Feb 9th 11-5pm
    @ Combat Arts

850 South State Street Greenfield IN 317 289 0199
    Limited Space, Must Call to Register, $100

We will cover the foundations of Military Combatives, Edged Weapon offense, and Personally Carried Sidearms.. for ex:

• Draws
    • Clearing fouled weapons
    • Maintaining awareness while under physical attack to return fire
    • Clearing the space to draw your weapon
    • Knife Defense and Knife Offense
    • Rapid Assault Tactics (RAT)
    • ..and More!!
    This will be lead by CW2 Mauri Pierce, who currently trains this curriculum to the military. Mauri is also a military officer and personally trained by Paul Vunak of Progressive Fighting Systems (PFS).

These Edged Weapon and RAT programs were developed specifically for SEAL Team 6, and this is still taught today. Saturday Feb 9 will teach you the foundations of these same programs.

This seminar will largely be 'dry fire'; this is designed to first provide you the correct techniques of moving, drawing, then shooting while under physical stress. Once you learn correct responses to physical threats and engagements the act of shooting will then take new meaning.

This seminar is a feeder to our SEAL Team 6 Combat Tactics Certification

"In the world of gun, knife, and hand-to-hand tactics, what has and always will distinguish the trained professional from the amateur is the functionality of ones training drills."

Our entire course and the series of drills/ techniques that we implement are rooted in this philosophy. Our curriculum, that has been specifically developed for SEAL Team Six, is now being offered for the first time in the format of an Instructor program." CW2 Pierce

Requirements: Sidearm, PPE, holster, 50 rounds, 2 magazines or 1 speed loader, ..and a good attitude!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This course looks interesting, but I don't know enough about your business, or your training to make an informed decision about such.

Could you please direct me to authoritative sources of such, simply because you have stated yourself:

.....Train somewhere pls, but you may wanna ensure your trainer is legit.......

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    When I saw Paul Vunak's name I was curious, but then I saw that.:rolleyes:

So this 6 hour course you've listed which was designed for seal team six is an instructor course for...
    • Foundations of Military Combatives
    • Edged Weapon Offense
    • Draws
    • Movement
    • Shooting under physical stress
    • Correct responses to physical threats and engagements.
    I'm with Mike...throwing Paul V.'s name into anything will get a reaction from many people, but 6 hours isn't even enough time to teach people the basics of any single topic listed above.

You'll need a lot more details if you want people to take you seriously. It feels like you simply threw out every "tactical" phrase you could think of. In addition to that, any mention of ST6/Devgru/Spec Ops/etc right now will be met with some disdain because it's been in the news so much, at least by serious people doing research on where to spend their hard earned money.

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    You are encouraged to call Paul Vunak or me. (Pls keep in mind the time change for California)

Additional info on me and his personal number at Fighting.net or facebook at IndyPFS

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Oh yea, for those who desire a full certification course.. I will be conducting an Edged Weapon seminar in the March timeframe with the Navy Sea Bees, Cadets (CAJMTC) and Navy MAs (NOSC Indianapolis). This will be an intense program starting Friday night and all day on Saturday/Sunday.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You are encouraged to call Paul Vunak or me. (Pls keep in mind the time change for California)

Additional info on me and his personal number at Fighting.net or facebook at IndyPFS

I don't doubt your sincerity, but do you have anything authoritative regarding your training, that can be viewed by those interested?

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Certifications are for instructorship of PFS (Progressive Fighting Systems). It begins as an (Edged Weapons) Apprentice Instructor. This is entry level but you are clearly on the path of an Instructor. The Edged Weapon course is obviously focused on just that, to be a Full Instructor it requires several other PFS certs or areas as well. Again, the training is predominantly compartmentlized to allow a deeper dive.

The SEAL Team Combat Tactics cert too is a feeder (but not a requirement) for Full Instructor, this is a 2-day blend of ground, standup, edged weapon, and shooting. This cert is intended to accommodate the person not able to spend the time or have the interest in learning the full PFS curriculum. This cert will be limited to 4-6 ppl at a time, and the intensity level will meet the capabilities of the attendees to ensure no one is left behind.

Keep in mind the upcoming course is an 'Intro'. If you regularly train combatives/ martial arts and practice tactical training with your sidearm then this Intro course is probably not for you.

Hope that helps..

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Intro to Personal Protection w/Sidearms
    Seminar Feb 9th 11-5pm
    @ Combat Arts

850 South State Street Greenfield IN 317 289 0199
    Limited Space, Must Call to Register, $100

We will cover the foundations of Military Combatives, Edged Weapon offense, and Personally Carried Sidearms.. for ex:

• Draws
    • ..and More!!
    This will be lead by CW2 Mauri Pierce, who currently trains this curriculum to the military. Mauri is also a military officer and personally trained by Paul Vunak of Progressive Fighting Systems (PFS).

These Edged Weapon and RAT programs were developed specifically for SEAL Team 6, and this is still taught today. Saturday Feb 9 will teach you the foundations of these same programs.

This seminar will largely be 'dry fire'; this is designed to first provide you the correct techniques of moving, drawing, then shooting while under physical stress. Once you learn correct responses to physical threats and engagements the act of shooting will then take new meaning.

This seminar is a feeder to our SEAL Team 6 Combat Tactics Certification

"In the world of gun, knife, and hand-to-hand tactics, what has and always will distinguish the trained professional from the amateur is the functionality of ones training drills."

Our entire course and the series of drills/ techniques that we implement are rooted in this philosophy. Our curriculum, that has been specifically developed for SEAL Team Six, is now being offered for the first time in the format of an Instructor program." CW2 Pierce

Requirements: Sidearm, PPE, holster, 50 rounds, 2 magazines or 1 speed loader, ..and a good attitude!

This looks cool, but you do realize that they officially stopped using "team 6" in 1987, right?

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Yes, I will let you know.. Yea I agree, if you cant touch or see your toes this might not be the track of courses to pursue!

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Great seeing everyone today! Started off with PT then onto drills. Wrapped up with scenarios, HARD striking, disarms and then the knife. Got the heart rate up and a good sweat!

Had good questions about ground fighting, our Gracie BJJ (jujitsu) as well as chokes are incorporated into the full weekend course. Intelligent crowd, didnt get any of the inexperienced comments like 'well if i see a bad guy..i'll just shoot em'. Just love those...

Top Bottom