Intercept report confirms government working w/ all social media companies & big tech to censor

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There's nothing here a majority of us didn't already know, or at least suspect, but now there are receipts. DHS under the Biden regime set-up direct channels to work with big tech and all social media platforms to censor "misinformation, disinformation and malinformation."

The depth of this goes far beyond what I think most people were aware of.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I mean they tried to create a whole new governmental department to do just this...

I don't think this is beyond what people are aware of, it's just that so many *agree* with censorship of opposing ideas. Very few however are thinking far enough ahead to realize that one day it's likely to be their information being censored.

<edit>
    And I'm sure .gov's response will be "Well, we're not censoring speech. We're paying a private company to do that, so no 1A problems here."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There's nothing here a majority of us didn't already know, or at least suspect, but now there are receipts. DHS under the Biden regime set-up direct channels to work with big tech and all social media platforms to censor "misinformation, disinformation and malinformation."

The depth of this goes far beyond what I think most people were aware of.
    Sad this does not generate more discussion even here…

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I’m sure the red wave will wash this all away shortly.
    I would like to believe that but I can't. The Republican's and Democrat's are on the same path in terms of citizen surveillance. One walks down the path and the other runs. Neither is going to roll back surveillance programs already in place.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would like to believe that but I can't. The Republican's and Democrat's are on the same path in terms of citizen surveillance. One walks down the path and the other runs. Neither is going to roll back surveillance programs already in place.
    I don't know about either one walking. The biggest difference I see is the excuse they have for wanting it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Republicans innovate and implement the infrastructure...the Democrats master the use of it.

19 years ago when everybody was going "Oorah Oorah, the terrorists have elected to receive," they didn't realize someday *they* would be the terrorists.

5 years ago, when the same people were fulminating about christian bakers having to bake gay cakes, they also didn't realize *they* would be the "gays" getting kicked off payment platforms and others, before the ink on the SC decision was dry.

Every day when the ditch digging contractor says "Mah Company Mah Rulez," the censors smile.

I think Pogo is trying to tell us about the dangers of being Pavlov's dog. It is a new era, and we need to re-think old habitual loyalties.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Tim Pool’s read on the Intercept article.

What’s going to be done about it? Once folks realize that left and right simply mean different wings of the same bird (a turkey, not an eagle, BTW,) then all signs point to BigRed.

Top Bottom