• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Update: He's off the ventilator and they took the drain line out of his head. He's just on a regular IV now. This is a huge improvement. Now we're just waiting for him to wake up.

Thanks for all the Prayers, and keep them coming!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I can check... I'm guessing if anyone wanted to donate money we could probably put that towards the bills. He's currently in school and doesn't have Insurance to cover them, so he'll definitely need help with that.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Update: He's off the ventilator and they took the drain line out of his head. He's just on a regular IV now. This is a huge improvement. Now we're just waiting for him to wake up.

Thanks for all the Prayers, and keep them coming!

I will keep him in my prayers, hope he wakes soon and makes a speedy recovery.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow, prayers for LRHOstetler.

so I'm taking a semester abroad, and I was in Switzerland this past weekend, climbing a mountain and I tore the mess out of my knee. I've got an MRI scheduled for friday, and I'm really nervous about it... I'll report back on how well socialized medicine is here in Europe.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Latest from Monday.. The Neurosurgeon thinks he's finally making purposeful actions. But still a really long road to go. Still not fully aware yet. But, hopefully soon.

Need to keep the prayers flowing.

Thanks for the prayers, we're gonna need more. This is an injury that could take Months or Years to fully recover.

Here is a doc on 8 stages of a Coma. http://www.rancho.org/patient_education/bi_cognition.pdf

Currently Luke is rated at stage 2 bordering stage 3. He should be to stage 3 soon.

Today when I was there he was responding more to sounds and now he's moving both legs a lot, his left arm a little and his neck very little. These are all huge improvements though, its just slow going.

Also, if anyone knows anyone else or has experience in setting up and planning fundraisers send me a PM. We're going to need to raise some serious funds as he doesn't have insurance.

Thanks again for the prayers and Keep them coming! :ingo:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks for the prayers, we're gonna need more. This is an injury that could take Months or Years to fully recover.

Here is a doc on 8 stages of a Coma. http://www.rancho.org/patient_education/bi_cognition.pdf

Currently Luke is rated at stage 2 bordering stage 3. He should be to stage 3 soon.

Today when I was there he was responding more to sounds and now he's moving both legs a lot, his left arm a little and his neck very little. These are all huge improvements though, its just slow going.

Also, if anyone knows anyone else or has experience in setting up and planning fundraisers send me a PM. We're going to need to raise some serious funds as he doesn't have insurance.

Thanks again for the prayers and Keep them coming! :ingo:

Any more updates? Prayers still coming.

I'm also looking for some prayers, folks. My cousin and her husband lost their father today (HER father in law). Their whole family needs prayers at this hard time.

Also my elderly neighbor ( who I brought up a few pages back for losing his wife) is in the hospital with pneumonia. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst. Please say a prayer for him today. He sure is an amazing guy and even more amazing friend.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Any more updates? Prayers still coming.

Not much to update yet, small improvements. He seems to get a little more movement with each day. He has been moved to a Rehab facility/Nursing home.

Another thing to pray for would be that the Medicaid app goes through. Things are starting to fall into place for that. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

RM: Daily Prayers will be going out for your Neighbor and Cousin's family.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    plz pray for my sister's family......her 1 yr old grandson was found face down in the pond. Pray for comfort, peace and understanding in this difficult time. The family is down at St. Mary's in Evansville right now...Latest update was that he doesn't have any brain activity and on life support.

Hug your children/or call them and tell them you love 'em.

I know I will see Noah again one day.....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    plz pray for my sister's family......her 1 yr old grandson was found face down in the pond. Pray for comfort, peace and understanding in this difficult time. The family is down at St. Mary's in Evansville right now...Latest update was that he doesn't have any brain activity and on life support.

Hug your children/or call them and tell them you love 'em.

I know I will see Noah again one day.....

I'm so sorry :( Prayers sent for a miracle if it is His will, and for His comfort, peace, and strength for your family in this awful time.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    update: Noah is still not out of the woods, but is improving. He hasnt woke up yet, but is responding to light and touch. Just plz keep him in your prayers.

Side note, my sister Sharon was on her way down sat. and she wrecked her bike. She's ok but has bumps, bruises, scratches down her left side. Plz pray for her also. She drove the bike home, and I drove her down in her car. She is sore and nursing some wounds, but OK!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    update: Noah is still not out of the woods, but is improving. He hasnt woke up yet, but is responding to light and touch. Just plz keep him in your prayers.

Side note, my sister Sharon was on her way down sat. and she wrecked her bike. She's ok but has bumps, bruises, scratches down her left side. Plz pray for her also. She drove the bike home, and I drove her down in her car. She is sore and nursing some wounds, but OK!

Sounds similar to what my buddy is going though. You might as some of his Doc's if he's going through something like this below..

http://www.rancho.org/patient_education/bi_cognition.pdf

I'll keep him in my prayers for a full recovery.

Top Bottom