INGO Plumbers need help with Dishwasher!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So I have a gash/hole melted in my dishwasher basin. SO I put a bowl under it to catch the leaking water, but I still can't figure out why my dishes aren't getting washed. All my plastic cups and fine tupperwares are warping... I checked the lower spindle/arm and the holes seem plenty big enough to allow water through?!

IMG_20170105_210809_168_zpsskm16dxv.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    1. Turn off breaker to dishwasher.
    2. Turn off water to dishwasher.
    3. Disconnect power from dishwasher.
    4. Disconnect water supply line from dishwasher.
    5. Disconnect drain line from dishwasher.
    6. Buy new dishwasher, yours is f***ed.

Installation is he reverse of removal.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    We had sucker sticks and bread ties in our spinners. We're not sure if they were from the previous renters or our son.
    The water didn't spray that good for some reason.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    oh I'm committed now... Little jb weld, and some waterproof high temp epoxy, and possibly patch over with some sintra. and 3 months from now after much cussing and screaming and more patching, I'll come back with my tail between my legs crying about finally breaking down and buying a new one.

My guess is a pot handle fell through the rack, and the sprayer got pinned and helped force the heating element downward to melt the bin and the sprayer.
    Just so happens, this hole is located directly above the limit switch, where all the water leaks out... my guess is, all the leaking water kept that part nice and cool during this whole process. :ugh:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah, they are usually installed near the same time, so they break around the same time...

When buying a new dish washer, be careful to check that the new one has a drying cycle. Many of the new 2016 Dishwashers have eliminated the drying cycle to meet the EPA EnergyStar ratings...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, they are usually installed near the same time, so they break around the same time...

When buying a new dish washer, be careful to check that the new one has a drying cycle. Many of the new 2016 Dishwashers have eliminated the drying cycle to meet the EPA EnergyStar ratings...
    That is the only reason we have one. The wife feels like that kills the germs. Our dishes and already clean when we wash them...

Top Bottom